Wear a double mask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I had a slice of pizza in an enclosed space and I survived. It was by far the most dangerous thing I've done in years. I'm even thinking about writing a book about the whole experience and who knows....
maybe even a movie someday.
CristoRey on the BIG SCREEN, (say what?) here I come baby!!!

You would not be the first person within this web forum community to self-publish an Amazon tome.
Perhaps you could start your journal here, within it's very own thread line. Sort of like, "Covid Diaries...Living on the Edge in the RD."
Just please refrain from any references to public urination on other person's private property.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It is not a matter that only a few people die from CV19. It's a matter that 100's are dying everyday across the globe from this disease. Some people choose not to take the risk and do all they can to avoid catching the virus. Others play with their calculator and conclude the over all odds of dying are low and that may may well be the case unless you are one of the unfortunates who get very sick and do not recover. It is not my place to call those who prefer to be careful foolish or paranoid. There is no doubt this virus does hasten the death of a lot of people. How you define "a lot" is an individual determination. Wishing to avoid the risk should not be the basis for ridicule.

When I previously challenged your asserted right to smoke tobacco products on public beaches I was ridiculed.
What has changed?
I was only hoping to avoid the risks and dangers of toxic second hand smoke, which have been well documented.

Reactions: Garyexpat

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
How many wars China has started outside of its own territories???
How many military bases it has in other countries?
How much influence it pushes around when you buy from them?
How many sanctions it has imposed on other countries via third parties?
How, how, how...

China is a communist system, not a democracy.
It can essentially shut its doors to the world and develop just the same it has after it opened its economy to others.
Recall that China didn’t want to open to the world and each time it was forced to...

It opened and now others want to set the rules?

Can’t have your cake and eat it at the same time, now can you?

As far as China knowing about the effects of the virus? Pleasaaaaseeeee! We still know little all over the world after a year from our top professionals...

China showed how dangerous it was and how to deal with it early. For crying out loud, it built a covid hospital in ten days on live tv!

If you want to talk liberties, please do yourself a favor and go visit China first and then provide an educated opinion based on facts not politics.

If you want to see the future cities and tech, go to China...

Space? China!
Communications? China!
Vehicles? China!
Etc... China!

In a few years it will be the largest economy in the world.

The tech war against China now? Biiiiiiiig mistake! It has prodded China to create a national chip industry from scratch and soon it will also overtake the rest of the world.

It’s AI is leagues ahead of the rest of the world.
China plays for the long games, not quick victories.

I laugh when I hear Trump say China steals the technology! China leads on technology in about all branches you can come up with.
It did so the same way others (including the US) did to get ahead: IP theft !

The US rocket 🚀 program: Stolen from Germany.
Jet technology: Stolen from Germany
Industrial revolution: Enter Alexander Hamilton, America's first ever treasury secretary, who proposed a simple solution: break the law and steal the technology.

Putting the full weight of the treasury behind the effort, Hamilton sent spies to observe British industry. He granted passage and patents to immigrating British mechanics. As his biographer Ron Chernow writes, during Hamilton's tenure as treasury secretary "the US government condoned something that, in modern phraseology, could be termed industrial espionage".

Recent IP theft by the US:

What we have today is politics playing a fixed hand when blaming others and not your own side first.

Japan had plenty of their tech stolen by US companies back in their early days. It was just taken out of Japan and sold like they owned it outright.

Ask Russia how much tech has been stolen from their rocket engines and missiles system by the US?

There’s a saying that if you want to keep anything a secret 🤐 🤫 never take it to China.
There are no secrets because they have too many eyes and ears to cover...

You have previously posted of your successes in the US of A state of Florida.
Such successes as education, stable employment, financial security, material possessions (homes/automobiles/firearms).
Do you really believe you would have enjoyed these items solely living within RD, China, or Russia for that matter?
You are quick to bite the hand of the nation that assisted you in creating your current positioning in life, but alas, such is life for many......after the finances are secure.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Be careful, that might shake him to his core.

Perhaps you should do a little deeper research into places where the public healthcare systems have been allegedly collapsing.
Collapsing no, but perhaps overrun due in large part to longterm, continued, poor government oversight. We can obviously start with our very own RD, which I have been very critical of for a very long period of time.
To pull another one out of the hat, New York City, US of A, which has been used as a center point of attention since last March. That healthcare system has been in disarray for a very long period of time as well. No, I am not getting political, but the information is readily available on the internet for anybody that cares to acknowledge the real truth....even if it does not fit their narrative.

That’s exactly what is being tried to avoid. Getting to the point where people have to stay home and die because there’s no room to care for at hospitals or clinics.

Most of these can be saved with proper care.
A fully collapsed healthcare system breeds more deaths, which could be avoided with a constant in and out.
Reducing the number of new cases, helps keep the system from total collapse.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Just US covid daily death toll more than covers that total you posted. Got it?

Actually, it is the number of persons who expired, and then tested positive for Covid following.
The US of A is a nation of roughly 330 million people.
Not politics, just facts.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Such successes as education, stable employment, financial security, material possessions (homes/automobiles/firearms).
Do you really believe you would have enjoyed these items solely living within RD, China, or Russia for that matter?
You are quick to bite the hand of the nation that assisted you in creating your current positioning in life, but alas, such is life for many......after the finances are secure.

First of all, I’m not biting nobody’s hand.
Just stated facts as they are.
I was already financially sound way before doing biz in the US alone. And yes, I did enjoy all of these outside of my biz there first and foremost here, at home in the DR.

Please tell me which of that I posted is not factual???????

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Look we’re all tired of having to wear mask all the time. The curfews and shutdowns.

But The thing I know is a fact, knowing how people acted about each day during the pandemic at nights, is that for each case diagnosed positive, there are 25 that went asymptomatic here. That should put us with half the country already exposed to the virus since it arrived here.

That’s why I’m a strong supporter of carrying out antigen tests of the general population and a cell phone color coded QR system.
That way we can reopen certain places to a select group without limitations.

Still keep the masks and distancing anyhow, until the vaccination is fully carried out, but open the economy up to these QR coded folks.

Just call for the tattooed serial numbers already. That is where this is truly heading.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I’m very well versed on the Taino Arawak in the Hispaniola, trust me!

Regarding civil liberties, like I said, too much is not a good thing. There are limits to everything, even the good stuff, before it becomes harmful to you or to a many.

The islets and whatnots in the South China Sea, were and still are under the jurisdiction of China. Many countries can lay claims to anything but at the end of the day, possession is two thirds of the ownership rights debated.

They are Asians and they can handle their chunk of their world pretty good. We have no business practicing interference there.

Hong Kong was taken by force not by agreement, which was dictated to China.
Taiwan has no legitimate claims to anything other than being a Chinese (Popular) island occupied by the embers of a revolution long famished. Recognized or supported by those looking to create chaos and interference there to their political benefit.

East China Sea is the same issue revolving about what’s left unsettled since WWII and other significant issues.

Their own to fix.

You don’t have to look far from here to notice Navassa island. The dispute between Haiti and all mighty USA... Possesion 2/3 of the law...

About the gov? I don’t subscribe to the way it’s handled because it will only lead to more of the same each time the measures get relaxed.
I’d posted aplenty on my opinion to this issue.
Read some!

Btw: I can trace my family’s tree all the way mixed with the Caonabo chieftainship...
I have Taino DNA in me too. 😊

I take no responsibility for this.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Ooooh!???
So please elucidate us with that data which didn’t come first from China?
At each step, all of it came first from China’s own experience and sourced from their data on the virus.

But do please clarify this for us and this ignorant self.

Nah.

But I will give you this much, do please research exactly what was the reasons the hospital you so frenetically emphasize/cheer about was build for by the Chinese authorities?

That will elucidate the heck out of you!

• Haha

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE

In this country, for the most part, the populace will refer to these types as "Mal agradecidos."

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I’m very well versed on the Taino Arawak in the Hispaniola, trust me!

Regarding civil liberties, like I said, too much is not a good thing. There are limits to everything, even the good stuff, before it becomes harmful to you or to a many.

The islets and whatnots in the South China Sea, were and still are under the jurisdiction of China. Many countries can lay claims to anything but at the end of the day, possession is two thirds of the ownership rights debated.

They are Asians and they can handle their chunk of their world pretty good. We have no business practicing interference there.

Hong Kong was taken by force not by agreement, which was dictated to China.
Taiwan has no legitimate claims to anything other than being a Chinese (Popular) island occupied by the embers of a revolution long famished. Recognized or supported by those looking to create chaos and interference there to their political benefit.

East China Sea is the same issue revolving about what’s left unsettled since WWII and other significant issues.

Their own to fix.

You don’t have to look far from here to notice Navassa island. The dispute between Haiti and all mighty USA... Possesion 2/3 of the law...

About the gov? I don’t subscribe to the way it’s handled because it will only lead to more of the same each time the measures get relaxed.
I’d posted aplenty on my opinion to this issue.
Read some!

Btw: I can trace my family’s tree all the way mixed with the Caonabo chieftainship...
I have Taino DNA in me too. 😊
You claim the China Sea and apparently everything in it, because of its name belongs to China, this is erroneous. There are international laws that China, your mother country has agreed to which dictate where international waters start. China does not adhere to this.
"

They are Asians and they can handle their chunk of their world pretty good. We have no business practicing interference there." You brought this up and trying to claim "mother" China is pure as snow which is a naive at best assertion.
Agreed, Hong Kong was taken at force, by colonialist England and then forced into and agreement which England honored I believe in 1999. I lived in Ca at the time and should have sold my property when the wealthy from hong kong were paying cash over asking price.
Yes the problems with ownership in the East China Sea exist since WWII but it is your Hero (peaceful) country comrade that are the aggressors here as well as the South China Sea. How are you SO blind to their actions??

I have already acknowledged the sins of my country so I don't need to revisit.

"

I’d posted aplenty on my opinion to this issue." In what respect don't you subscribe? you appear to support their actions on Covid 110%? please clarify.

Not sure your Caonabo family members would approve of your embracing of current or past for that matter Gov actions but that is for you to contend with not me.

Reactions: CristoRey

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
And they did do it again, just to make a point...

Attachments

• 75186CF5-96C0-4012-A3D3-FFB0292590BC.jpeg
    75186CF5-96C0-4012-A3D3-FFB0292590BC.jpeg
    653.1 KB · Views: 90

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Not true at all. Your blue hat must be affecting your thought processes.

Been a moderate Rep far too long to wear that one hat.
It’s a shame lies have been given wings within the party.
McCain was proven every iota right, for the wrong reasons.

As for the matter at task? It just evolved once again and seems to recreate itself anew within the local DNA 🧬 it attacks.

This is just like the flu. It will evolve so rapidly that effective vaccines will be like seasonal shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.