Wear a double mask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Jose-Joaquin-Puello-Hoy-e1610730059311.jpg

The director of Ciudad Sanitaria Luis Eduardo Aybar, Dr. Jose Joaquin Puello, recommends the use of double face mask as it is imminent that the fast-spreading variant of Covid-19 will affect the Dominican Republic. The Ciudad Sanitaria is the largest public hospital in the Dominican Republic

Dr. Puello, a neurosurgeon, said the use of the double mask is now convenient. He said this is a practice already recommended in other countries.

Public health authorities say there is no evidence that the mutation of the virus is here. Dr. Puello also attributed the high positivity rate of the disease to the parties and crowds over the holidays.

Puello warned that every day there are more cases of young people admitted in a state of serious illness due to Covid-19.

Read more in Spanish:Hoy...

[url=https://dr1.com/wordpress/2021/01/15/wear-a-double-mask/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zoomzx11

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I can't breath properly wearing a single mask. These people are idiots. The children here will not be immune to anything when they get older if they keep this crap going.

Put the dummy back in ! wear your mask ! and think of the healthcare staff who have to wear them all day to look after you if you get this nasty disease

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My son and DIL both work in the covid testing unit in Chilliwack General Hospital and they have had an outbreak there in both staff and patients. They wear what is called A class 3 mask that stop smaller droplets than the K95 and N95 masks. They wear a surgical mask over top of that and throw the surgical mask away daily.

rvancil

Feb 2, 2009
Anything less than a biohazard suit isn't going to do anything for this virus that can easily pass through a N95...such a freaking joke.

Reactions: Caonabo

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
There is a new term call mask-ne (no joke)
Acne caused by Mask, I feel sorry for people working with the public who have to wear Mask all day.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I can't breath properly wearing a single mask. These people are idiots. The children here will not be immune to anything when they get older if they keep this crap going.
And if they stop
Putting their hands in their mouth
Like all kids have done for centuries
they will never be immune to anything. Common cold will
Become a deadly illness.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Exactly and look like a big dick.......
Who is that masked man? It’s a bird, it’s a plane. No! It’s Covid C**K! 😂 The reality is PPE is rated alphabetically. A level being fully encapsulating body suit made of a material capable of preventing penetration of the contaminant. The suits have internal or external SCBA capability. The lowest level is C. Basically a pair of coveralls and work gloves. Hospital staff are using a combination of all levels. I don’t envy them. Instead of a double mask, a regular mask with an insert for a HEPA filter would be more effective than a double cloth mask. Easier to breath through too.

Status
Not open for further replies.