Wear masks, say medical experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Of course opinions are allowed. That is why I didn't react to the anti posts at first. However, it turned into a pile-on, which tends to suppress opposing opinions. That is why I said "enough."
The problem is there is no evidence as bob says.
Its a question of facts.
Only people who are getting covid are the unvaccinated. That is a fact.
Anti maskers are denying reality in favor of "alternative facts" that foolish uneducated believe to be true.

You don't want to wear a mask then don't but do not spread rumors pretending they are evidence backed.
I am done.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Its a question of facts.
I'm one of millions of vaccinated people who got covid. THAT is a fact.
My unmasked girlfriend, with whom I frequently breathe heavily, didn't get it. Go figure.

Masks? Live your life as you see fit, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Be there in July, mask and all.

Again:
1. Protects me from droplet transmission
2. Covers half of my ugly mug
3. Can smile at people incognito
4. When combined with my super-duper cool Ray Ban wayfarer, look like the bad guy I wish I was

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones and Peterj

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Since I was country when country wasn't cool, I'll wear a mask 'till the cows come home and when the lights go on at Wrigley Field, or until the 12th of Never... el 12 de NOtiembre, y hasta la semana de los 7 jueves... y hasta que Colón baje el deo.

Oh! Wait. The lights were turned on for a night game on 8.8.88.
Oh, well. I guess I'll wear a mask forever.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Since I was country when country wasn't cool, I'll wear a mask 'till the cows come home and when the lights go on at Wrigley Field, or until the 12th of Never... el 12 de NOtiembre, y hasta la semana de los 7 jueves... y hasta que Colón baje el deo.

Oh! Wait. The lights were turned on for a night game on 8.8.88.
Oh, well. I guess I'll wear a mask forever.
Good for you. Do as your hart's content as long as you don't require others to do the same, go for it.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Good for you. Do as your hart's content as long as you don't require others to do the same, go for it.
The mask has been a godsend to me: it has provided me an opportunity to mingle with the crowd in semi-confident fashion, as it hides half of my only-a-mother-could-love face.
The mask also allows me to be in close proximity of loved ones, while ensuring my plagued-with-halitosis breath does not overwhelm their olfactory and olfaction system.

• Haha
Reactions: chico bill

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
what scientific medical expert advice is supported by "evidence"?
Contagion is a fact not an opinion.
Million dead in the US shared your "opinion".
If the masks were correctly fitted, used properly, and of a high enough quality of filtration I would agree that masks help prevent the spread and possible the catching of the virus. As for the million dead , many of them used masks.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Its a question of facts.
Anti maskers are denying reality in favor of "alternative facts" that foolish uneducated believe to be true.

You don't want to wear a mask then don't but do not spread rumors pretending they are evidence backed.
I am done.
"Only people who are unvaccinated are getting Covid " ?
That is the dumbest statement ever made about Covid. You have not read anything at all on the subject
I would post 100 articles for you to read but apparently you do not research
Maybe you should ask Stephen Colbert - twice vaxed and boosted and got it twice after vaxing.

There are plenty of other articles which have shown masks do nothing and may be actually more harmful.
No one in DR is going back to masks

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
That is the dumbest statement ever made about Covid. You have not read anything at all on the subject
Maybe you should ask Stephen Colbert - twice vaxed and boosted and got it twice after vaxing.

There are plenty of other articles which have shown masks do nothing and may be actually more harmful.
There are folks that just desperately want to buy into the narrative that the govt knows what's best for all of us. Facts get in their way and are ignored. It's best just to let them be. Normal people know the truth.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

no kidding, My triple vaccinated mother, plus my brother and his wife ( also triple vaccinated) all just recovered from covid and my mother is religious about wearing a mask, washing her hands....etc.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Its a question of facts.

I am done.
You are done because you are wrong. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...xperts-criticise-troubling-lack-evidence.html

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I will wear a mask when I feel the situation may call for it. However, do I think the mask will protect me from getting Covid, nope.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Its a question of facts.

I am done.
Thanks for taking the time to clear that up Doc, we appreciate it.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Thanks for taking the time to clear that up Doc, we appreciate it.
whats interesting to me is when I go to the beach and I see the smoke from vaping travelling a long way I have to think that no amount of normal masking will stop the virus if its anything like the vap smoke. I find it unbelievable that after 2 years of covid and trillions of money lost and millions dead there isnt a 100% definitve study to say what works and what doesnt.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I will wear a mask when I feel the situation may call for it. However, do I think the mask will protect me from getting Covid, nope.
You can do so, that is your right.
But don't be a Karen and foist your personal affinity for masks on sane persons on the streets

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
whats interesting to me is when I go to the beach and I see the smoke from vaping travelling a long way I have to think that no amount of normal masking will stop the virus if its anything like the vap smoke. I find it unbelievable that after 2 years of covid and trillions of money lost and millions dead there isnt a 100% definitve study to say what works and what doesnt.
That is Vapor 9not smoke) hence 'vaping'. But I agree it is nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.