Wear masks, say medical experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The problem is there is no evidence as bob says.
Its a question of facts.
Only people who are getting covid are the unvaccinated. That is a fact.
Anti maskers are denying reality in favor of "alternative facts" that foolish uneducated believe to be true.

You don't want to wear a mask then don't but do not spread rumors pretending they are evidence backed.
I am done.
I know vaccinated people that have had the Wuhan Flu twice. If you wear an N95 mask properly it can protect you from Omicron to some degree.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
whats interesting to me is when I go to the beach and I see the smoke from vaping travelling a long way I have to think that no amount of normal masking will stop the virus if its anything like the vap smoke. I find it unbelievable that after 2 years of covid and trillions of money lost and millions dead there isnt a 100% definitve study to say what works and what doesnt.
I made that exact same comparison .. but used the DISCO Analogy .. the Vape literally will cover a 25 foot diameter within like 10 seconds .. its absolutely amazing to watch .. I'm pretty sure the Virus can do exactly the same thing .. in fact at the beginning they stated that if someone Sneezed in the next Aisle at the Grocery store , that you could get it . If you walked through it a minute later you could get it as well.
The whole Mask thing is for "feels" only .. has NO link to Science or any actual Studies PROVING desired efficacy . .
ONLY N95 type Masks worn properly by professionals actually work . Everything else is complete BS to anyone with any critical thinking skills .

Reactions: ctrob and Big

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I made that exact same comparison .. but used the DISCO Analogy .. the Vape literally will cover a 25 foot diameter within like 10 seconds .. its absolutely amazing to watch .. I'm pretty sure the Virus can do exactly the same thing .. in fact at the beginning they stated that if someone Sneezed in the next Aisle at the Grocery store , that you could get it . If you walked through it a minute later you could get it as well.
The whole Mask thing is for "feels" only .. has NO link to Science or any actual Studies PROVING desired efficacy . .
ONLY N95 type Masks worn properly by professionals actually work . Everything else is complete BS to anyone with any critical thinking skills .
Agreed and that was before the far more contagious variants mutated and spread.
Did I mention that CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. No vaccines can kill it off.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Agreed and that was before the far more contagious variants mutated and spread.
Did I mention that CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. No vaccines can kill it off.
We BOTH said that since the Beginning. and that is NO Coincidence..
Its PURE LOGIC. my exact words were "EVERYONE on the Planet WILL be exposed to it , just a matter of how your body handles it "
Vaccines and Masks have Zero bearing on that projected Fact . Zero affect .

Reactions: windeguy

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have no problem wearing a mask if I am sick because (out of respect for those around me) I would not want to accidently get someone else sick. I will not be wearing a mask if I am not sick. If I see people who are wearing a mask I will assume they are sick and avoid having close contact with them.

Up until 2 years ago this was the accepted practice in most developing countries across the globe, especially those in Asia.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have no problem wearing a mask if I am sick because (out of respect for those around me) I would not want to accidently get someone else sick. I will not be wearing a mask if I am not sick. If I see people who are wearing a mask I will assume they are sick and avoid having close contact with them.

Up until 2 years ago this was the accepted practice in most developing countries across the globe, especially those in Asia.
With CV19 you have no idea if you are contagious with the majority of cases being asymptomatic yet still contagious.
You can be contagious within months of a previous infection: Oh my, this never , ever ends. Most people will get infected more than once a year.

How Often Can You Be Infected With the Coronavirus?​

The spread of the Omicron variant has given scientists an unsettling answer: repeatedly, sometimes within months.

A Covid testing site in San Diego last year. Earlier in the pandemic, experts thought that immunity from vaccination or previous infection would forestall reinfections, but Omicron has changed that.Credit...Ariana Drehsler for The New York Times

Apoorva Mandavilli
By Apoorva Mandavilli
  • May 16, 2022

A virus that shows no signs of disappearing, variants that are adept at dodging the body’s defenses, and waves of infections two, maybe three times a year — this may be the future of Covid-19, some scientists now fear.
The central problem is that the coronavirus has become more adept at reinfecting people. Already, those infected with the first Omicron variant are reporting second infections with the newer versions of the variant — BA.2 or BA2.12.1 in the United States, or BA.4 and BA.5 in South Africa.
Those people may go on to have third or fourth infections, even within this year, researchers said in interviews. And some small fraction may have symptoms that persist for months or years, a condition known as long Covid.
“It seems likely to me that that’s going to sort of be a long-term pattern,” said Juliet Pulliam, an epidemiologist at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.

“The virus is going to keep evolving,” she added. “And there are probably going to be a lot of people getting many, many reinfections throughout their lives.”
It’s difficult to quantify how frequently people are reinfected, in part because many infections are now going unreported. Dr. Pulliam and her colleagues have collected enough data in South Africa to say that the rate is higher with Omicron than seen with previous variants.

This is not how it was supposed to be. Earlier in the pandemic, experts thought that immunity from vaccination or previous infection would forestall most reinfections.
The Omicron variant dashed those hopes. Unlike previous variants, Omicron and its many descendants seem to have evolved to partially dodge immunity. That leaves everyone — even those who have been vaccinated multiple times — vulnerable to multiple infections.
“If we manage it the way that we manage it now, then most people will get infected with it at least a couple of times a year,” said Kristian Andersen, a virologist at the Scripps Research Institute in San Diego. “I would be very surprised if that’s not how it’s going to play out.”

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
With CV19 you have no idea if you are contagious with the majority of cases being asymptomatic yet still contagious.
You can be contagious within months of a previous infection: Oh my, this never , ever ends. Most people will get infected more than once a year.

How Often Can You Be Infected With the Coronavirus?​

The spread of the Omicron variant has given scientists an unsettling answer: repeatedly, sometimes within months.

A Covid testing site in San Diego last year. Earlier in the pandemic, experts thought that immunity from vaccination or previous infection would forestall reinfections, but Omicron has changed that.Credit...Ariana Drehsler for The New York Times

Apoorva Mandavilli
By Apoorva Mandavilli
  • May 16, 2022

A virus that shows no signs of disappearing, variants that are adept at dodging the body’s defenses, and waves of infections two, maybe three times a year — this may be the future of Covid-19, some scientists now fear.
The central problem is that the coronavirus has become more adept at reinfecting people. Already, those infected with the first Omicron variant are reporting second infections with the newer versions of the variant — BA.2 or BA2.12.1 in the United States, or BA.4 and BA.5 in South Africa.
Those people may go on to have third or fourth infections, even within this year, researchers said in interviews. And some small fraction may have symptoms that persist for months or years, a condition known as long Covid.
“It seems likely to me that that’s going to sort of be a long-term pattern,” said Juliet Pulliam, an epidemiologist at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.

“The virus is going to keep evolving,” she added. “And there are probably going to be a lot of people getting many, many reinfections throughout their lives.”
It’s difficult to quantify how frequently people are reinfected, in part because many infections are now going unreported. Dr. Pulliam and her colleagues have collected enough data in South Africa to say that the rate is higher with Omicron than seen with previous variants.

This is not how it was supposed to be. Earlier in the pandemic, experts thought that immunity from vaccination or previous infection would forestall most reinfections.
The Omicron variant dashed those hopes. Unlike previous variants, Omicron and its many descendants seem to have evolved to partially dodge immunity. That leaves everyone — even those who have been vaccinated multiple times — vulnerable to multiple infections.
“If we manage it the way that we manage it now, then most people will get infected with it at least a couple of times a year,” said Kristian Andersen, a virologist at the Scripps Research Institute in San Diego. “I would be very surprised if that’s not how it’s going to play out.”

Enough of the fear mongering.
You can carry and spread HIV your entire life and be asymptomatic too. Same applies for almost every virus in the world.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
No vaccines can kill it off.
COVID-19 is here to stay...

'Cause it's the new Mother Nature taking over
It's the new splendid lady come to call
It's the new Mother Nature taking over
She's gettin' us all
She's gettin' us all

ese tipo

Apr 12, 2019
And that it's why it's here to stay.The details could not be any more simple than which they are .More people with masks less infections.Fewer people with masks more infections.It's hard to argue with the fact that when we buckled down and cooperated with mandates ( willingly or begrudgingly ) the numbers declined and the mutations were less lethal and required little to no intubation.But yet our collective hubris requires some of us to convince others that A) your living in fear B) don't tread on me and my freedoms C) our natural defenses will eventually eradicate the virus D) my favorite....
those that wish to remind us that this was a man made lab created experiment ( Kung Flu ) am I saying it correctly?With enough now hear THIS inflection?

So the question invariably becomes WGAS!? as I said opening masks use up numbers down.Mask use down numbers up.Anything in between is simple fodder and Bull***t.Telling us you don't use masks and you're not vaxed is akin to having that tattoo and making sure everyone sees it.Or being the loudmouth at the bar who reminds us how much tougher men and women were in their day.Different chapter same book.

I encourage all of you who have sought alternative meds ( hydroclorowhatever, horse suppositories,vitaman D with a motor oil chaser.and of course....bleach injections) please share the videos of yourselves entering the colmados,la sirenas,the pricemarts without your masks in the past. Or, if mandates should arise once again.I'd like to see your views enlighten an overworked underpaid Policia Nacional officer.Riot Helmet (on your part )optional please!

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Some anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers here are quick to point out the DR government's success in handling the virus, especially when compared to how other nations fared, but then turn around and suffer collective forgetfulness in recalling that what worked in the DR were the mask mandates and curfews and... (DRUM ROLL)...

... VACCINES.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
And that it's why it's here to stay.The details could not be any more simple than which they are .More people with masks less infections.Fewer people with masks more infections.It's hard to argue with the fact that when we buckled down and cooperated with mandates ( willingly or begrudgingly ) the numbers declined and the mutations were less lethal and required little to no intubation.But yet our collective hubris requires some of us to convince others that A) your living in fear B) don't tread on me and my freedoms C) our natural defenses will eventually eradicate the virus D) my favorite....
those that wish to remind us that this was a man made lab created experiment ( Kung Flu ) am I saying it correctly?With enough now hear THIS inflection?

So the question invariably becomes WGAS!? as I said opening masks use up numbers down.Mask use down numbers up.Anything in between is simple fodder and Bull***t.Telling us you don't use masks and you're not vaxed is akin to having that tattoo and making sure everyone sees it.Or being the loudmouth at the bar who reminds us how much tougher men and women were in their day.Different chapter same book.

I encourage all of you who have sought alternative meds ( hydroclorowhatever, horse suppositories,vitaman D with a motor oil chaser.and of course....bleach injections) please share the videos of yourselves entering the colmados,la sirenas,the pricemarts without your masks in the past. Or, if mandates should arise once again.I'd like to see your views enlighten an overworked underpaid Policia Nacional officer.Riot Helmet (on your part )optional please!
People who want to wear a mask should not be ridiculed or treated differently.
People who do not want to wear a mask should not be ridiculed or treated differently.
Otherwise you end up with a us vs. them mentality/ situation which is both divisive and
destructive.

None of the people who are in favor of others wearing mask are going to walk into a
local barrio colmado and start chastising people who refuse to wear a mask.
None of the people who could careless if you wear a mask are going to walk into their local
PN station and tell El Comadante what they think of them enforcing mask mandates.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. Stop worrying about other people. Focus on taking care of yourself
and your loved ones. Many people have lost their lives in different parts of the world fighting
over who was wearing or who was not wearing a piece of clothe over the mouth.
Learn to mind your business.
At the end of the day... it ain't worth it.

Reactions: JD Jones

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Some anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers here are quick to point out the DR government's success in handling the virus, especially when compared to how other nations fared, but then turn around and suffer collective forgetfulness in recalling that what worked in the DR were the mask mandates and curfews and... (DRUM ROLL)...

... VACCINES.
With all due respect... What a crock of shite

There is no study in DR to demonstrate the weight of each preventive measure.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
With all due respect... What a crock of shite

There is no study in DR to demonstrate the weight of each preventive measure.
All due respect your post is a crock of shite. We agree the DR did as well or better than any Country in the World today. So tell us why they were a success if it were not for HOW THEY HANDLED AND DEFEATED THE VIRUS………………..

And spare me your usual BS and give facts………………

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
All due respect your post is a crock of shite. We agree the DR did as well or better than any Country in the World today. So tell us why they were a success if it were not for HOW THEY HANDLED AND DEFEATED THE VIRUS………………..

And spare me your usual BS and give facts………………
There does not exist DATA on which of the preventive factors contributed weight-wise. I am part of the segment that does not believe the numbers were reported accurately.

All the sudden, and rather suddenly in coordination with Taino Bay opening, everyone went back to dying from cancer and spousal abuse

How do you run that place when you're always fighting with folks on the board?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There does not exist DATA on which of the preventive factors contributed weight-wise. I am part of the segment that does not believe the numbers were reported accurately.

All the sudden, and rather suddenly in coordination with Taino Bay opening, everyone went back to dying from cancer and spousal abuse

How do you run that place when you're always fighting with folks on the board?
Read my post again. Do you think it was pure luck that the Virus virtually disappeared here and had NOTHING to do with what the Govt. did? Just keep posting BS as I said before with NOTHING to back it up...............I am done, you and the rest of the clueless have the floor to yourselves..............

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Back to the thread topic of the possibility of a new mask mandate please.

If this thread doesn't get back on topic after this request I'll have no option other than locking it.

We are not repeating all the other threads with the fighting and divisiveness over masking, vaccines, lockdowns and what did or did not work.

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.