Wedding of Vice President’s son in Santiago is trending topic

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Raquel-Peña-el-Caribe-e1610984997738.jpeg

While curfew is keeping people locked down at home, there is a scarcity of PCR tests in the country, the weddings of a select few continue to be celebrated, supposedly following health protocols. Over the weekend, social media was abuzz with the news of the wedding of the son of Vice President Raquel Peña and the sister-in-law of Administrative Minister of the Presidency Jose Ignacio Paliza of Puerto Plata. The wedding took place in Santiago, the country’s second largest city, where there is an outbreak of Covid-19 at the present time.

Vice President Raquel Peña is the head of the Health Cabinet that recently extended the curfew that has shutdown restaurants, bars and gyms and is keeping Dominicans locked at home after noon on Saturday and Sundays.

Read more in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Caonabo

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
It says in the first line that there is a scarcity of PCR tests. Is that true ?

One rule for the elites

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Life here would be so much easier for you to understand, if you were actually here.
"C'mon down, you're the next contestant on the __________________"

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Life here would be so much easier for you to understand, if you were actually here.
"C'mon down, you're the next contestant on the __________________"
..you are the next contestant on the show "you bet your life".......

Reactions: Caonabo

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
last night 2 houses from mine a married couple, both politicos had a big party.. started about 2 in afternoon... when I went to sleep at 11 pm the loud music and drunk people singing was still going strong....curfew? what curfew.....what a great country............

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
last night 2 houses from mine a married couple, both politicos had a big party.. started about 2 in afternoon... when I went to sleep at 11 pm the loud music and drunk people singing was still going strong....curfew? what curfew.....what a great country............
Did you call the anti-noise number and report them?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm just guessing, but I think he is referring to someone who posts a lot, never really says anything and is not currently in the DR.
But then I'm just guessing.