Wedding

vanity

Aug 5, 2004
Help!!! My Fiance And I Are Traveling To Boca Chica In October And We Have Decided To Get Married. We Need A Wedding Planner Of Some Sort. Someone Who Can Tell Us Of A Bakery And Florist. We Are Staying At The Hilton Coral Hamaca But The Prices Are Outrageous. For A Cake, Flowers, A Bottle Of Wine They Are Charging $500.00 Us. I Appreciate Any Info. :confused:

ronv

Sep 8, 2004
Your lucky we have been organizing my daughters wedding in playa dorada for nearly a year now.
But there is nearly 80 going.40 Dom,s and 40 britt,s.

Try visiting debbiesdominicantravel.com you need quite a lot of paperwork to take with you.

Also i think in the south of the island the documentation is more involved therefore more expensive.

As for the $500.00 does this include the registrar and marrage certificate and depends on how many flowers and does it include photo,s and a room upgade for the night with nuptial breakfast

Most hotel packages are around $600-900.

The cake we are having is about $400 dollars.
The above are Dominican rates not tourist rates.

Ron

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
That must be one B I G cake Ron. Who the heck is organising THAT for you???

Have fun at your daughter's wedding & take a horsedrawn ride for all 80 people around Playa Dorada - that should cause a Hyde Park corner type bottleneck for the locals to talk about for YEARS!! - Grahame.

dwntwn22

Aug 25, 2003
vanity said:
Help!!! My Fiance And I Are Traveling To Boca Chica In October And We Have Decided To Get Married. We Need A Wedding Planner Of Some Sort. Someone Who Can Tell Us Of A Bakery And Florist. We Are Staying At The Hilton Coral Hamaca But The Prices Are Outrageous. For A Cake, Flowers, A Bottle Of Wine They Are Charging $500.00 Us. I Appreciate Any Info. :confused:
Your not paying $500.00 for a cake...your paying for Flowers, decorations on the beach, a tent, cake, someone to perform the service...and other little things are included..I used the wedding planner there, she was absolutely great, helpful and wonderful to work with. I had beautiful peach roses, large lillys, and beautiful flowers covering a trellis and the tables and the chairs were all covered in white linen. Your paying for an actual wedding...you cant just have the wedding there and not expect the hotel to provide you any services. You might just want to have the wedding on a public beach then and arrange some place nice for dinner. I can tell you the Hamaca provided a beautiful setting and a beautiful wedding day for me.

ronv

Sep 8, 2004
graham
should be a realy good do
We have been organising everything ourselves have the advantage of 13 years of D.R. EXPERIENCE behind us.

My future son-inlaw has been living in england with us for nearly 3 years now would,nt allow them to do it (the wedding)the D.R.way.

My daughter and new son are in the D.R. now tidying up a few loose ends and me and my better half will be arriving oct 3 for 4 weeks the rest of the family (40) turn up on the 17 oct wedding is on the 20 oct so we should WAKE up the occi allegro playa dorada for a few weeks and prob crystals night club in p.p on the stag night.

P.S. still working out well cheap rather than U.K.

vanity

Aug 5, 2004
dwntwn22 said:
Your not paying $500.00 for a cake...your paying for Flowers, decorations on the beach, a tent, cake, someone to perform the service...and other little things are included..I used the wedding planner there, she was absolutely great, helpful and wonderful to work with. I had beautiful peach roses, large lillys, and beautiful flowers covering a trellis and the tables and the chairs were all covered in white linen. Your paying for an actual wedding...you cant just have the wedding there and not expect the hotel to provide you any services. You might just want to have the wedding on a public beach then and arrange some place nice for dinner. I can tell you the Hamaca provided a beautiful setting and a beautiful wedding day for me.
Thanks for the tip. I fell better now about the package since you informed of me of being a satified customer.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
getting married

I thnkt the $500 for the package is not a bad deal at all, considering what you are getting, But you have to be ready to have all the papers in order and there are tons of them . I went through a nightmare , when we got married, as I didn't have the original birth certificate and we had to bribe the justice of piece and the attorney to get married, quite an experience, let me tell ya ;)

Best of luck !

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
dwntwn22 said:
..I used the wedding planner there, she was absolutely great, helpful and wonderful to work with. I had beautiful peach roses, large lillys, and beautiful flowers covering a trellis and the tables and the chairs were all covered in white linen. I can tell you the Hamaca provided a beautiful setting and a beautiful wedding day for me.

Can you please let me know the email of the wedding coordinator on site there.
I have a lot of clients, that require the service , but I can only get them the properties and all the advise. Since I can't be there, I do need someone good, reliable and that speaks English to help them out with all the wedding arrangemets and take care of all the details like that.

Thanks in advance