Westjet Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

WestJet flies again

On Tuesday, October 5, for the first time since the corona pandemic, a Boeing 737-800 aircraft from Toronto Canada arrived at Puerto Plata airport. In November, there will be flights to Puerto Plata twice a week. In December, the frequency will then increase to a daily flight. The visitors from Canada are very important to Sosúa. Among them are many hibernators who want to escape the snow and ice in Canada. Restaurants such as Hispaniola Diners Club, Parada Tipica el Choco, Casa Valeria, Bologna, Checkpoint, El Conde and Jolly Rogers also partly depend on these Canadian visitors. The first plane from Toronto was therefore festively welcomed on Tuesday.​

WestJet flies again

WestJet flies again​

This with speeches by the management of the airport (EURODOM) and with a folkloric dance group.​

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
We are booked to fly Toronto (YUL) to Samana (AZS) in FEB via West Jet.

2021 was the first time in 20 years we had not spent a few weeks in the DR.
I am a little concerned about the CDN government regulations on COVID testing within 72 hours of departing and arriving back n Canada.
I am sure I will figure out a pharmacy in Canada to get the test at before departure. However, I am concerned about getting tested in LT if the regulations remain the same.
If anyone on the ground in LT knows where we can get the necessary test that would be appreciated.
Hopefully regulations will loosen up by then and all the BS will not be needed.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend flew out on the Oct 5th POP-YYZ flight....
it was cheap... ~$300....
BUT
His return flight YYZ-POP was over $1000 !!

LOTS of Cdns flying down , it seems...... not so many going back

The Cdn influx is beginning !
EH!!

Reactions: aarhus
Status
Not open for further replies.