What about Jarabacoa?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
My wife and I visited the DR many times. When we decided to move there Jarabacoa was the only place that we would consider. We purchased property there but the need for surgeries changed our mind about moving from Florida.
My wife has died and I now live in Texas. I may consider returning to the DR to live. If I do it will be to Jarabacoa.

Without meaning to sound bitchy visiting and living in a place are entirely different experiences. I love to visit beach resorts but I cannot imagine how boring it would be to live in one

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
drtampa, so sorry about your wife. We have lived in Santo Domingo now for over 22 years. Clearly there are outside issues, pandemic, etc.. that have stalled us in moving, but we have been looking at many options. Jarabacoa is also on our "radar".

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Without meaning to sound bitchy visiting and living in a place are entirely different experiences. I love to visit beach resorts but I cannot imagine how boring it would be to live in one
Dear drtampa, my apologies for above. Sorry about your wife. God Bless.

Reactions: drtampa
Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani
Seem to me that most of people that wants to live in this part of the island are fixeatEd whith the north coast to find a please to live, don’t get wrong but I’ve been in many of those places and they are in good Dominican “Monte y culebra”.
I went this past Saturday to San Jose de Ocoa and couldn’t help myself from stopping in the middle of the road to admire the magnificent mountains, it is a view that I’ll never forget, there you can find anything you need it’s very peaceful and is close to Bani, Peravia also called the South’s capital and there you will find a city full of life day and night. I invite you to get out to this part of the island to enjoy a fresh experience.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Cristoray
please elaborate on why you would not live there again. Thanks! Pularvik
Too many people cramming for the same space be it in traffic, on the metro, in line at the super market, the colmado ect...
Plus street crime is a constant threat day or night and the PN only exasperate the problem.

Reactions: Kipling333