What Benefit Do We Get From You Guys?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no matter how you look at it spaniards brought progress european way and shaped DR into what it is now. i am not defending conquistadors, i think the world would be better off without unnecessary violence. any discussion as to "what would happen if spaniards did not come" is pointless. we do not know what would have happened. constant invasions and war is a history off all nations on this earth...

if hey wouldn't have had a Armada to sail west they may have simply walked or riden by their horses towards the east of Europe instead the west over the atlantic?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
o.k., Chiri,
i see your warning sign now and i have to admit that it been time to show it.
while we may have had some fun showing our different opinions about the Conquistadores and other world conquerors,
the topic is not about any assassinations of some cultures a few years back due the religious and by that mislead killers,
it is simply about the benefit of dominican citizens today due our/expats presence on the Island.
do we think that the citizens of this country have any benefit due our presence on their soil or are we just a bunch of exployers of a poor barrio without bringing any benefit to our mostly freely choosen new motherland???
Mike

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Normally, I would not even bother to go into discussion with the likes of you... but you went a little bit too far...

I have no idea how many people from the DR live in the US or Europe, and neither do you, as many of them are illegals, not paying taxes, healthcare, etc... I wish them all the best, but please do not represent them as the saviours...

as far as consuming a lot and paying the bills goes... isn't that what you are accusing us foreigners off???... so it is ok for you, but not for us??? Please stop being so obnoxious...

if the "Spanish" food is in reality Dominican... thanks for the warning... there is no comparison possible, and believe it as I worked for a Spanish company for 7 years...

To be honest... I think you need to grow up and fast... learn about world economics, learn about world integration, politics, etc... in other words, become intel****

This is also the last time I will deign myself to answer you on this topic... so pls feel free to attack...

+1 or even more

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Normally, I would not even bother to go into discussion with the likes of you... but you went a little bit too far...

I have no idea how many people from the DR live in the US or Europe, and neither do you, as many of them are illegals, not paying taxes, healthcare, etc... I wish them all the best, but please do not represent them as the saviours...

as far as consuming a lot and paying the bills goes... isn't that what you are accusing us foreigners off???... so it is ok for you, but not for us??? Please stop being so obnoxious...

if the "Spanish" food is in reality Dominican... thanks for the warning... there is no comparison possible, and believe it as I worked for a Spanish company for 7 years...

To be honest... I think you need to grow up and fast... learn about world economics, learn about world integration, politics, etc... in other words, become intel****

This is also the last time I will deign myself to answer you on this topic... so pls feel free to attack...

I don't see anything wrong with Vacara's post. He didn't represent Dominican as Savior or anything, he just presented the contribution of Dominicans in NYC (probably the largest Dominican community abroad).

As a NYer, I can tell you, this is entirely true.

Not sure why you find it so offensive.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
You asked for benefits not influences. The expression: “Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it.” you have apparently not heard. That’s OK, but you should, once having asked, accept the responses without trying to slice and dice the responders, because you don’t like what they say. He wasn’t bitching and moaning, he was answering your question.
Please don’t quote me out of context. My example of the purse snatchings in Santo Domingo is not an implication that it only happens there. It was clearly meant, before you misquoted it, to counter Mike Fisher’s suggestion that purse snatching in LRD is only a problem amongst rich foreigners.

Beyond the skin depth peaceful appearance of this forum there's some wild carnivores out there. There are some posters willing to cling to the smallest, most marginal aspects of the debate with the sole intention to score meager points.

Influences can be beneficial, hence they can be called benefits and its clear that since the beginning, posters have used both "influences & benefits" to answer my question so stop trying to make me look like I've changed my approach to the topic. (besides, I hate to sound repetitive)

Ken2's suggestion (& now yours) that Dominicans need foreign influences to stop purse snatching is -at best- stupid & -at worse- mean spirited & with the sole intention to offend the locals and derail the thread.

And talk about misquoting, Mikefisher never said that purse snatching is only carried out by rich foreigners. To suggest that would be stupid & I know Mike ain't stupid. I'm not sure about you.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
And talk about misquoting, Mikefisher never said that purse snatching is only carried out by rich foreigners. To suggest that would be stupid & I know Mike ain't stupid. I'm not sure about you.
I don't have a dog in this fight so don't take this the wrong way but I think his inference was to the "rich foreigners" being the victims of the purse snatchings.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
I don't have a dog in this fight so don't take this the wrong way but I think his inference was to the "rich foreigners" being the victims of the purse snatchings.

Good observation. If that's the case I apologize and take back that part of my post. The rest stand as it is.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
The value of outsiders

As tempted as I am to just post my incredible personal contribution to the pockets of at least one Dominican lawyer, who built a personal fortune on what was supposed to be my inheritance, I'll post something positive. Any country, needs outsiders to show them what the insiders take for granted: bachata, beans and rice, platanos, eyes lighting up when they see children, sour oranges that cure hangovers, strangers who fix your broken alternator belt with nylon pantyhouse.... The flip side is that we also see what insiders would like to ignore--racism against Haitians, sexism against women, greed, corruption, crime, corruption, lack of education, scams beyond belief (hey miss, you want to buy a timeshare? my love?)
Before anyone dumps on me regarding sexism, please tell me why it is all right to have 4 wives and 16 children while always on the look out for younger flesh. Every Dominican man I have met falls into this category (not just the lawyers).

May 29, 2006
Every Dominican man is sleeping with four women, it kind of follows that most women are also sleeping around too. They are just better at keeping things on the DL. I bet the women who run the beauty parlors have a ton of secrets...

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Roflmao

Every Dominican man is sleeping with four women, it kind of follows that most women are also sleeping around too. They are just better at keeping things on the DL. I bet the women who run the beauty parlors have a ton of secrets...

By the time they have 2 or 3 kids by Casanova, no one in their right mind wants them. That's the only control on Dominican men--alimony.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am starting to seriously believe that there is an unhealthy obsession with Dominican's sexuality in this forum. :(

How is it remotely related to the OP's question ?

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Beyond the skin depth peaceful appearance of this forum there's some wild carnivores out there. There are some posters willing to cling to the smallest, most marginal aspects of the debate with the sole intention to score meager points.

That would be you.

Influences can be beneficial, hence they can be called benefits and its clear that since the beginning, posters have used both "influences & benefits" to answer my question so stop trying to make me look like I've changed my approach to the topic. (besides, I hate to sound repetitive)

Influences can be called benefits? You can say whatever you want and it?s correct? OK, I, like belgiank, see no point in discussing anything with an obviously delusional individual.

Ken2's suggestion (& now yours) that Dominicans need foreign influences to stop purse snatching is -at best- stupid & -at worse- mean spirited & with the sole intention to offend the locals and derail the thread.

Niether he nor I suggested anything like that. Now I understand where this comes from:

? I like Dominicans and the DR, but what thing that does erk me is the inability of Dominicans to take any, even the smallest thing that could be criticism. You have to be so careful with your wording to avoid this.

You're twisting my words again vacara. I said that he suggested it was only a problem to rich foreigners.
What?s this? I included it in my post. Just because you left it out of your quote of me doesn?t mean it doesn?t exist.

completely wrong point of view.

without foreigners carrying aroung fat purses there would not be a purse snatching business, b/c to use a purse been not te typical ole fasioned DR way to carry te few pesos around, lol.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.