What did you do today to enjoy life in DR?

Sep 4, 2012
Question is self-explanatory; I traveled to LT and Samana Bay "Callo Levanta'o," beautiful drive, scenery, beaches, landscape, food, resorts and most of all; people are awesome!

And you? :cool:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I put an IV in a cat. Had a great lunch. Had good conversation with my wife's cousin visiting from Santiago where he own's a small recording studio.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i went swimming in the morning, did 20 lengths of the pool, then i made two pizzas and had miesposo's family for lunch. we had pizza, pasta, potatoes salad and a pile of grilled meats: chicken, chuletas, costillas, morcilla and sausages. we chatted and we laughed a lot.
then in the afternoon i called my parents and i got to talk to mama and my brother, i love to hear their voices and i love sharing all silly stories with them :)
later we walked the dogs, went to a small beach to let them run around a bit. sweaty walk but so nice. we watched the sun setting down and skies on fire.

can life get any better than that?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
i went swimming in the morning, did 20 lengths of the pool, then i made two pizzas and had miesposo's family for lunch. we had pizza, pasta, potatoes salad and a pile of grilled meats: chicken, chuletas, costillas, morcilla and sausages. we chatted and we laughed a lot.
then in the afternoon i called my parents and i got to talk to mama and my brother, i love to hear their voices and i love sharing all silly stories with them :)
later we walked the dogs, went to a small beach to let them run around a bit. sweaty walk but so nice. we watched the sun setting down and skies on fire.

can life get any better than that?

yummmm

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hey! there were very fresh! still moving and talking when i tossed them on bbq grill!

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Probably tasted better than Bob's cat :) Just joking and sending good wishes to the cat and you Bob

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Took a walk along the Malecon in the afternoon then came home and sat on the balcony and watched the sunset. Enjoyed some very good arroz con pollo and later some arroz con leche. Starting making plans for my usual fall trip to the US.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Made $50 bucks on a 2 team parlay . Go redskins an just keep loosing dolfins and all well be well . Had lunch with a very preaty girl . Now watching the steelers game wating in bed for my girl to come home from spending the day with her haja .

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Car maintenance, a motorcycle ride, Football (Bucs won!), chicken wings, The Three Musketeers and more football...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Italian Grand Prix (F-1), NFL football talk shows all morning, fielding FB comments on my last post about cooking on my new, home-made Fire Pit from the Heart of the Sun, wok burner....total success. Coordinated Ringo and the women at the orphanage.
Watched NFL from 1 pm until 11:30 pm (after the interception, I went to bed.) Amazing day....like so many here in paradise.

Oh yeah, I did a lot of work, too....

HB

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Way Down There

Sat on the terrace watching the waves break on the reef of the LT shore, way down there...where it must be even hotter... :classic:

From time to time I got up, checking the performance of the solar panels (my new toy :bunny: )
All is good...

donP

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Won a pocket of money at the cock fights in La Canela and retired to my abode to watch football and tennis. Life is good !!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Worked, went into the mountains where it was cooler. Picked avocados and lemons. Ate fabulous goat with moro, russian salad and avocados. Had 3 Dominican women arrive unexpectedly at around 7pm with a bottle of rum and one of coke. Introduced them to pickled onions. Can't remember the rest!

Matilda

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Worked, went into the mountains where it was cooler. Picked avocados and lemons. Ate fabulous goat with moro, russian salad and avocados. Had 3 Dominican women arrive unexpectedly at around 7pm with a bottle of rum and one of coke. Introduced them to pickled onions. Can't remember the rest!

Matilda

Ah, so THAT was what was in the bottle at the gate, we wondered where you disappeared to.... :)

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Yesturday I drove from Santiago to Jarabacoa to eat some tasty ribs, then headed towards "Jarabacoa city" and la "confluencia" to watch the eye candy and have some drinks with some friends.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Yesturday I drove from Santiago to Jarabacoa to eat some tasty ribs, then headed towards "Jarabacoa city" and la "confluencia" to watch the eye candy and have some drinks with some friends.
You drove right by my house going to La Confluencia...