What do you do with your dogs?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Even on death the cost is great. A freind was looking after a dog for a neighbour, the dog was very old, the dog died while the owners were on holiday. This was not a shock due to the age of the dog. So he called the vet to ask what to do with a dead dog, they quoted a fortune to collect and dispose of it correctly. And so he called the council to ask about what to do with a dead dog, and they quoted ?300 to come and get the dog and incinerate it. That was huge, so he asked how much if he could get the dog to them, and he was told ?25. So the incinerater was a long way away, and it was a large dog, he lives in London and so doesn't have a car, so he put the dog in a case and took it on the underground. He somehow managed to attract the assistance of a couple of young lads to help with the dead weight, escalators and barriers etc and got talking asking what was in the case and he said just his work stuff, clothes, paperwork, computers etc. when they got to the exit barrier the lads took off with the case. So it was in the end free disposal.
One can only imagine the surprise.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Crime does not pay..... an old expression.

Good story.

I have deaths in RD, no costs - just a shovel.
Two dogs, two cats.... no room left for me !!

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Neutering in NoAmerica is hundreds of $$$

actually its not so bad anymore
there are many different places now with discount exams, meds and surgeries
85 $ to neuter or spay
25 $ heartwormtest 25 $ rabbies etc
I guess somebody realized it was just too much for a lot of animal lovers

Manu

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, look at it like this:
in america/europe you can insure your pet.
in america/europe you have vet neurologo, ortopeda, alergologo and god knows what else.
in america/europe you can get a blood transfusion or organ transplant for your animal.
many options in case something goes wrong. in DR, not so much. :(

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No, William, but sometimes the German butcher gives us offal if he has it, and very nice dogbones. And on top of this, he does not want any money for it either.

The new dogfood is of a much higher quality than Campeon or Alican, and when calculated per pound, is the same price. You also have to give a lot less (our big malinois ate 4 big cups of Alican, and now eats 2 1/2 cups of the new stuff)

I buy directly from the importer.

BelgianK

Is your e-mail still the same.?
I sent one to you