What do you pay for rent? Houses, long term.

canadandy

Apr 17, 2008
Give us an idea of what going prices are.
Please fill in the following list about your place and what you pay for rent.

Where : Tamboril,Santiago
Type : House, concrete, 2 story, flat roof
Bedrooms : 4, + 2 bonus rooms
Bathrooms : 2
Monthly Price : 9000 pesos
Other : very quiet neighborhood, includes garden area with 20 bananas plants, 2 avocado trees.

keano111

Oct 30, 2011
Hi

Cocotal Golf and Country Club
Penthouse
2+2
$1,850.00 pm

Brillo, have a pool and lake, plenty palms but nada bananas

Keano111

mandymeme

May 28, 2011
Add furnished not furnished.
We are looking for a long term rental in either Santiago or Santo Domingo.
Having a hard time finding furnished with out all the crazy abagado and 2+1 and 3+1 fees. We would like to keep some $ in the bank.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Add furnished not furnished.
We are looking for a long term rental in either Santiago or Santo Domingo.
Having a hard time finding furnished with out all the crazy abagado and 2+1 and 3+1 fees. We would like to keep some $ in the bank.
So would they.

It is what it is.

Don't sweat the details, when rent is quoted understand the *actual* rent is 8% higher when commissions are factored in.

the rest is just a payment plan.

canadandy

Apr 17, 2008
I would like to see more replies. I am looking at moving into a brand new house for rent.

Where : Just outside of Santiago
Type : newly well-built House, concrete, 1 story, flat roof
Bedrooms : 4
Bathrooms : 2 full, 2 half
Monthly Price : 12,000 pesos
Other : very quiet neighborhood, secure.

toyloy

Oct 31, 2011
Thats a good price for a 4 bed room compare to here in the US thats about $250 us i think i need to move to the dr. i been following this page recently and i am seriously thinking about moving.

toyloy

Oct 31, 2011
my boyfriend and i are looking for some thing in cabarate because we found a school there for our kids, he has been visiting there since last year. the school is international school of sousa. which area do you live the rent is very reasonable. can you give me a listing of how we can rent some where. thanks.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
my boyfriend and i are looking for some thing in cabarate because we found a school there for our kids, he has been visiting there since last year. the school is international school of sousa. which area do you live the rent is very reasonable. can you give me a listing of how we can rent some where. thanks.

check the cost of the school. The rent is the least of your problems...

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
I'm in a condo type with 3 BR and 2 Bath. This includes a hotwater tank which we only turn on before bathing. 725 RD a month. Comes to about $191USD a month. The building is about 5 years old and we have air conditioning in the Bedroom which we turn on at nite only.
Der Fish
I think you mean RD$ 7250.

toyloy

Oct 31, 2011
I have been looking and i like international school of sousa we check it out and was told that is was 2000, :US for the year is that true.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
I have been looking and i like international school of sousa we check it out and was told that is was 2000, :US for the year is that true.
Sorry your prices are well out, if you dont start paying the tear before ther is a $750 admission fee and a $750 registration fee. After that its approx $7000 tuition fees per year depending on which grade.

It is expensive but is by far the best school on the North Coast.

mandymeme

May 28, 2011
The international school...those registration fees are non refundable. So for any reason you may need to leave the island for an emergency....your out alot of money.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sorry your prices are well out, if you dont start paying the tear before ther is a $750 admission fee and a $750 registration fee. After that its approx $7000 tuition fees per year depending on which grade.

It is expensive but is by far the best school on the North Coast.

Eight years ago I enrolled my step daughter in ISS. She went there for 2 years, finished high school for her Senior year in Miami. She then enrolled and graduated from Pratt in NY and is an Architect now.

I would highly recommend ISS. But that was seven years ago, but I would assume it still is very good. All teaching is in English.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
All teaching is in English.

Interesting...You'd think that The DR government would require some classes to be taught in Spanish. I mean what's the point of being in a Spanish speaking country if you're not even learning the language.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Interesting...You'd think that The DR government would require some classes to be taught in Spanish. I mean what's the point of being in a Spanish speaking country if you're not even learning the language.

The children have Spanish class there also. My daughter spoke three languages when she left here.

Aug 31, 2011
This is a good thread: We are planning to move to D.R. Our son is home schooled. He is 14. We have visited Samana, and coming back in February to Visit Rio San Juan area and then Jarabacoa. We would like to find a home with with two bedrooms, a large living room and 2 bathrooms. 800-900 sq ft is plenty of room. We will be looking at what's available and prices as we visit each year. But we probably won't move until 2013/14. What would you suggest in these areas we are visiting?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

From what I heard they get 1 1/2 hours of Spanish a day.

toyloy

Oct 31, 2011
Thanks guys, she will be 14 by the time i move there, maybe private lesson will be necessary for her to learn spanish. Any other suggestion will be appreciated

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
In my experience those kids will learn the lingo quickly enough...

It is us old folks who suffer... lol