What do you use to spray your flowering plants to protect them from parasites or bugs?

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
My wife bought some flowering plants in Supermercado Nacional, but it looks like some very small bugs live there and they eat or damage the leaves, leaving some ugly brownish spots. I have no idea are those small bastards the same like in other countries, or it's some local decease, so what do you buy here in DR to spray your plants that won't harm the plants but kill the bugs or parasites?

Thanks!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My wife bought some flowering plants in Supermercado Nacional, but it looks like some very small bugs live there and they eat or damage the leaves, leaving some ugly brownish spots. I have no idea are those small bastards the same like in other countries, or it's some local decease, so what do you buy here in DR to spray your plants that won't harm the plants but kill the bugs or parasites?

Thanks!
There are thousands of images on line in color that show what bugs or conditions are affecting YOUR plants. From there you can then go to other sites that direct you as to the treatment. Not all problems are solved with a spray that needs to be bought. Some issues are resolved with a simple solution that can be made in the kitchen.

This is a situation that "one size doesn't fit all" so to speak.

Reactions: JD Jones

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
garlic spray, which you make using a blender plus water works well for aphids and white flies. Safers soap works as well.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009

Thanks!
If you are not interested in a "Medal for Protecting the Environment" and you need something that really works before your entire garden is gone; Take a picture of the Plaque, or better a infected leave in a SEALED Plastic Bag (must be sealed, otherwise they kick you out of their shop) to your nearest fersan or ferquido Store and you will get exactly what you need incl. professional instructions on how to use it.

Reactions: johne

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
If you are not interested in a "Medal for Protecting the Environment" and you need something that really works before your entire garden is gone; Take a picture of the Plaque, or better a infected leave in a SEALED Plastic Bag (must be sealed, otherwise they kick you out of their shop) to your nearest fersan or ferquido Store and you will get exactly what you need incl. professional instructions on how to use it.
Be careful how and where you use pesticides/ insecticides, especially in areas where pets and children might contact it or ingest it. Read the directions and make sure you have proper PPE. Most break down after 48 to 96 hours.