With A Tourist Card Stays Longer Than 120 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Migracion website now says a person on a tourist card can extend their stay to up to 120 days.
This has no basis in DR migration law, but whatever.

What happens if a person on a tourist card has paid for the extension up to 120 days and then stays longer than 120 days?

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
1-FA9886-E-A02-A-4-B3-C-88-E6-C0-D8-C0-C13063.jpg

:LOL: They must pay for overstay when they exit, I have read.

Reactions: drstock and Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You really should post your question at migracion.gob.do forum, if it is facts and not beating your favorite horse you are after ;)

Then update this thread.
Thank you for telling me what I should do. I appreciate that. I have posted before on that forum for migracion, but:

This post is in DR1's legal forum, so I was actually looking for a response from DR1's legal team, if that is OK with you, that is?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You really should post your question at migracion.gob.do forum, if it is facts and not beating your favorite horse you are after ;)

Then update this thread.
In true fashion for a government website, I went to log in to the migracion forum, but my old login information was no longer valid.
When I went to re-register, they never sent me an email confirmation. Then I tried register using a different email account and still no email confirmation.

So I await a response from DR1's legal team, which was my original intent.

It would also be good to know why the DR government is still not using immigration law with respect to this point.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The Migracion website now says a person on a tourist card can extend their stay to up to 120 days.
This has no basis in DR migration law, but whatever.

What happens if a person on a tourist card has paid for the extension up to 120 days and then stays longer than 120 days?

Do your neighbors ever invite you over for coffee, or perhaps a glass of wine?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do your neighbors ever invite you over for coffee, or perhaps a glass of wine?
Not a chance that would happen. I do continuously get asked to be on our communities association committee.
They wanted me to be president. Not a chance on that either.

Now let us see what the new 120 day limit on a tourist card really means.

Reactions: Caonabo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not a chance that would happen. I do continuously get asked to be on our communities association committee.
They wanted me to be president. Not a chance on that either.

Now let us see what the new 120 day limit on a tourist card really means.
Go for it Windy we hope to till be here when you come back with the information. Thank you for your service as they say to the armed forces.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Obsession

It's an important question.... not for Citizen Windy ...but for many, many others.

The gov't has taken steps.... but this part of the equation remains unanswered.
Personally, I feel something is coming... and I feel it will be reasonable

These boys are tourist oriented.... more than anything else almost

Anti corruption and tourism..... two main planks in their platform

Reactions: Gadfly and JD Jones

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
It's an important question.... not for Citizen Windy ...but for many, many others.

The gov't has taken steps.... but this part of the equation remains unanswered.
Personally, I feel something is coming... and I feel it will be reasonable

These boys are tourist oriented.... more than anything else almost

Anti corruption and tourism..... two main planks in their platform

We have been talking about this for the past 20 years. I would not expect anything soon.

It's unreasonable to expect an answer on this when they are having trouble just getting people to visit. Covid has upended any plans.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Awaiting a response to this thread from DR1's legal team. I already asked the questions. They need to respond.

You do know it is Saturday, and I hardly believe this matter fits the folder as a pressing need for attorneys to disrupt their own curfew regulated weekends.
Perhaps if you opted for the billable client approach, which would be double or triple billed for a weekend, you would receive a quicker response.

Status
Not open for further replies.