With A Tourist Card Stays Longer Than 120 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
What happens is someone with a tourist card stays longer than 120 days?

Windy will smack the shit out of them.
I asked immigration that question today. They responded very fast with the following. I am not going to dig more into the subject, rates etc. But you have to pay a fine (was that a bomb Windy?)

Cuando salga va a pagar la penalidad desde su ultima entrada

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They pay an overstay fee.
Notice he said "fee". I reread the regulations /law/stature, what ever you want to call ithem . It is a "fee" not a "penalty . " Penalties are for offenses. "Fees" are welcome as they enhance the treasury.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You do know it is Saturday, and I hardly believe this matter fits the folder as a pressing need for attorneys to disrupt their own curfew regulated weekends.
Perhaps if you opted for the billable client approach, which would be double or triple billed for a weekend, you would receive a quicker response.
Here we are days later and no response from the legal eagles.
I am used to that kind of thing after living here for 17 years.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Notice he said "fee". I reread the regulations /law/stature, what ever you want to call ithem . It is a "fee" not a "penalty . " Penalties are for offenses. "Fees" are welcome as they enhance the treasury.
Since the payment is not part of any laws, they can call it whatever they want to since they just made it up as they went along.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
At this point, I am more scared of Windy than any immigration officers, who are always very pleasant by the way. :)
They are MORE than nice. Never had a problem, in fact the last time I went through the officer said he would pay my overstay fee. I said I don't have an overstay to pay. He said Aw shucks, I 'll pay it anyway we love guys like you. 🤷‍♂️ :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Have you still not learned to grease the wheels after all those years. Open your wallet and they will come to you :LOL:
The legal forum is the place where you ask a legal question about the DR and DR1's legal team, on occasion, responds.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
YOU need to pay. Dr1 collects advertising money not pay out because you have an obbession with the subject. C'mon Windy put some skin in the game. :cool:
No need to pay for the answers DR1's legal team provides on this forum. Sometimes you get an answer, sometimes you don't.
That is just the way the cookie crumbles.

• Sad
Reactions: Caonabo

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Ladies and gentleman.
Welcome to the Dominican Republic.
A country where money talks and
bullshit runs the mile. Overstayers
are overstaying just like they always
do and folks who got
their residency years ago when they
gave them to anyone who asked for
one... are still as grumpy as ever.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ladies and gentleman.
Welcome to the Dominican Republic.
A country where money talks and
bullshit runs the mile. Overstayers
are overstaying just like they always
do and folks who got
their residency years ago when they
gave them to anyone who asked for
one... are still as grumpy as ever.
Bah humbug . I hear they already have Xmas music in the stores.

As far as a legal response, we are still waiting. Remember, what "they" do is not always legal and those payments have zero basis in immigration laws - that much Guzman Ariza confirmed long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.