With A Tourist Card Stays Longer Than 120 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Here we are days later and no response from the legal eagles.
I am used to that kind of thing after living here for 17 years.

Perhaps they realized a long time ago that this is the most riduculous argument to have, debate, or chime in on.
Their is only ONE resident of the RD that seems to care.
He lives along the northern tier, and participates within this forum.

Reactions: slowmo

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Ladies and gentleman.
Welcome to the Dominican Republic.
A country where money talks and
bullshit runs the mile. Overstayers
are overstaying just like they always
do and folks who got
their residency years ago when they
gave them to anyone who asked for
one... are still as grumpy as ever.
Nice poem.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
A truck filled with guys the size of David Ortiz, all wearing mirror sunglasses and camo, drives up to your house in the middle of the night and they yank you out of bed and shackle and blindfold you and throw you naked into the back of the truck and take you to a place where they tie you to a chair and yell at you for 6 days and nights for being so stupid and lazy for not finding the answer to a question that has been asked on this site at least 770 times.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Perhaps they realized a long time ago that this is the most riduculous argument to have, debate, or chime in on.
Their is only ONE resident of the RD that seems to care.
He lives along the northern tier, and participates within this forum.
Perhaps. Yet, they should still answer, no?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A truck filled with guys the size of David Ortiz, all wearing mirror sunglasses and camo, drives up to your house in the middle of the night and they yank you out of bed and shackle and blindfold you and throw you naked into the back of the truck and take you to a place where they tie you to a chair and yell at you for 6 days and nights for being so stupid and lazy for not finding the answer to a question that has been asked on this site at least 770 times.
Only 769 times since the new government took over and said they would actually enforce immigration laws as written.
Those immigration laws as written have no mention of overstay fees.

Actually, it may never have been answered since the new government made that promise. That is why I asked it, in fact.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Perhaps. Yet, they should still answer, no?
Well, you actually said the DR lawyer brought false information to the forum when she said the 120 days tourist visa extension were legal.

Maybe they got tired of this subject too...

Seems they answered your question here long time ago

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, you actually said the DR lawyer brought false information to the forum when she said the 120 days tourist visa extension were legal.

Maybe they got tired of this subject too...

Seems they answered your question here long time ago
Actually it does not answer my question at all. The over stay fees mentioned in that reply by Cynthia Compres have no basis in DR immigration laws.

That is why I ask the question after the new Minister of Interior and Police said they would enforce immigration laws as written and not make up regulations like the ones Cynthia Compres posted that have no basis in DR immigration laws.

The question allegedly answered was about up to 120 days, which has no basis in law.

I asked about what happens after 120 days. You did not read what I asked about.

• Haha
Reactions: CDNBear

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Ladies and gentleman.
Welcome to the Dominican Republic.
A country where money talks and
bullshit runs the mile. Overstayers
are overstaying just like they always
do and folks who got
their residency years ago when they
gave them to anyone who asked for
one... are still as grumpy as ever.
money talks everywhere. it just talks a lot louder here with a lot less.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
money talks everywhere. it just talks a lot louder here with a lot less.
There have been a lot of news discussions and a list of actions actually being taken by the new government about corruption here in the DR.
Enforcing rather than ignoring and working around immigration laws is on that list. Time will tell.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Windy , you started this tread 53 posts ago and I'll will be the first to say this COULD have been a very good, important information post, and indeed helpful to a lot of people. My beef quite honestly is the manner in which you have interjected YOUR legal opinions in each and EVERY post that has been made so far. From what I understand you are not a lawyer, para legal or law clerk. I find it odd. IMHO, members are turned off because this HAS been answered by a legal firm and it's a done deal. Your"waiting for a legal opinion" is so old it is growing whiskers. What ,may I ask are you waiting for and why is this subject matter so confusing to you?
Perhaps if you open your mind up to what is legal, what is accepted, what is the "spirit of the law" you might see this in a different light.

Reactions: aarhus

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think Windy is talking about the new gov't - not the old
The new has made a statement that they have not acted on - yet !

There has been no official response to the question posed here - under the new regime.

One thing we know for certain.... RD acts differently than other jurisidictions
but
this gov't respects tourism.... their response should be workable.....
fair? Can't say.

What if..... if if if
a tourist is allowed 120 days....
want longer?
Step over here to Migracion -
nobody stays longer than 120 w/o suffering more than a measly $$ penalty

USA bans some for 5 yrs for breaking the overstay rules..... my friend suffered it
No plane changes, no entry, no nuttin'
True story

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

There has been no official response to the question posed here - under the new regime.

One thing we know for certain.... RD acts differently than other jurisidictions
but
this gov't respects tourism.... their response should be workable.....
fair? Can't say.

What if..... if if if
a tourist is allowed 120 days....
want longer?
Step over here to Migracion -
nobody stays longer than 120 w/o suffering more than a measly $$ penalty

USA bans some for 5 yrs for breaking the overstay rules..... my friend suffered it
No plane changes, no entry, no nuttin'
True story

What nationality was he?

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019

The new government hasn't said anything about overstayers. We have already broken this down 1000x already as Winde's obsession grows worse. What was posted was a law regarding Haitians. We've proven this line by line last month. Yet you two guys keep mentioning "New government, New Government, New Government." No one cares but the lawyers that are overcharging you guys for residency and the expats who look at their dollars lost and grow more incensed by the day. Let it gooooooooooo.

Reactions: Michael DR

Big

Apr 24, 2019
There have been a lot of news discussions and a list of actions actually being taken by the new government about corruption here in the DR.
Enforcing rather than ignoring and working around immigration laws is on that list. Time will tell.
Hiring an attorney here and getting the VIP treatment/package so one doesn't have to do backflips in the immigration process is no different than hiring an attorney in Florida, dropping 8 or 9 grand so one can get the charges "resolved". Stuff is just cheaper here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Windy , you started this tread 53 posts ago and I'll will be the first to say this COULD have been a very good, important information post, and indeed helpful to a lot of people. My beef quite honestly is the manner in which you have interjected YOUR legal opinions in each and EVERY post that has been made so far. From what I understand you are not a lawyer, para legal or law clerk. I find it odd. IMHO, members are turned off because this HAS been answered by a legal firm and it's a done deal. Your"waiting for a legal opinion" is so old it is growing whiskers. What ,may I ask are you waiting for and why is this subject matter so confusing to you?
Perhaps if you open your mind up to what is legal, what is accepted, what is the "spirit of the law" you might see this in a different light.
It is not a legal opinion. It is a fact. That is something you are choosing to not understand. There is no basis for overstay fees in Dominican laws. This is 100% fact. No doubt about it. Dr Guzman has also stated that the overstay fees are a legal aberration, a work around, of Dominican law and his firm is the legal consul on this forum. It is you who is not getting this point.

Also, what now happens after 120 days of the work around? More work around?

Status
Not open for further replies.