With A Tourist Card Stays Longer Than 120 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
2 billion in aid last week from USA I think the americans can stay as long as they want...
And Canadians too, eh? Those from the EU as well?

Yes, aid from a country always guarantees their citizens can be illegal in the aided country.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
There are several questions at the Migracion web site:

Carina Castaño

Hola, buen dia!

¿Qué sucede si surge una situación en la que el turista excede los 120 días permitidos? Por ejemplo, no se puede volver hasta que hayan pasado 150 días.

Gracias!
Me gusta · Responder · 2 d

Rojas Dilan

Y si la estadia pasa mas de 120 dias cuanto seria ?
Me gusta · Responder · 2 d

Быть здоровым

Si usted vive más de 120 días, que será un delito con la prohibición de la entrada posterior a la República Dominicana?
As I posted earlier in this thread, I sent an email with your original question to the immigration office email address, and got the answer within the hour...

The immigration web forum seems to get little attention at this time however.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As I posted earlier in this thread, I sent an email with your original question to the immigration office email address, and got the answer within the hour...

The immigration web forum seems to get little attention at this time however.
I did miss the post about my question being answered in detail.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete

Around and around we go. Answer in post #2
I think I will let the subject rest until new info surfaces. Becoming boring...

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It is allegedly the whoremongers alone that carry Sosua on their backs. )That is why Sosua disappeared to never return this year!) The snowbirds have not been acknowledged as providing much support. At least not yet. That said, the number of people that visit Sosua and Cabarete in total pales in numbers to the over 10 million missing AI tourists. AI tourism is the focus of the government.

The whoremongers are also referred to as weekend warriors and rarely overstay their tourist cards. After all, who gets more than a month of vacation in the US at a time? Only the snowbird whoremongers would be here for 120 days or more, and they are inconsequential in numbers.
throwing stones at people that don't like to live like you bright and early I see

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
throwing stones at people that don't like to live like you bright and early I see
Just stating what others have said. Where have i judged the whoremongers? I could care less what consenting adults do.
Just pointing out the silliness in their claims to be the saviours of Sosua or anywhere else for that matter.

Sosua is still there, last I saw it. And I suspect whoremongers rarely stay longer than 30 days, let alone 120 days

Reactions: bob saunders

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What's the downside of not being legal if they generally don't enforce it? I know that there have been sweeps where people have been dealt with, deported, or what have you, when caught actively working/running a business.

Hypothetically if one funded a business, say in your spouse's name, and did not visibly work what's the downside?
What if you bought or built a building for the business? There is no law that one must be a resident to own a building.

BTW I'm not actually advocating for not being legal, compliant. I'm simply exploring the realistic downside for the many who have chosen not to become residents vs the cost and hassle of those that have.

Thank you
Well for one if your relationship went south with your spouse legally you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

• Haha
Reactions: Michael DR

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is never any shortage of questions, just a profound lack of authoritative answers.

Not to pick on you Gringo..... but you say it well - lack of authoritative answers

I am prepared to cut the new guys some slack.
I see them going in the right directions.... some will say too slowly...

It's easy to ask the cabinet for their net worth -----done
It's easy to cancel contracts & bids --- asphalt & flowers---------------done

The Immigration issue ?
Bit more prickly........

They need to formulate a plan/strategy..... this isn't a domestic issue, it's global
It affects the tourism industry - important to the country's well being

Once they can arrive at a strategy, they need to verbalize it.
Verbalizing involves the website , involves disseminating it to the tourism sector.... globally

A new ad campaign will carry the message - once in place.

This is a very big deal - all of this

The current revamping of the website is for people like you/me just now....
the educated tourist.... who worries about length of stay
99.7% of tourists never worry , let alone exceed their 30 days....
many here know the rules
how many AI visitors know the rules - 30 days & out ???..... few to zero is my guess.

If you think we - or you - the small minority - will be first served - --- you're dreaming

The big fish will get the attention..... a welcome to the island from the gov't & tourism industry

The fact that the 120 day idea is front and center right now tells me that a change is coming.
What? --- no idea

But if they want - are willing - to continue w/ the status quo..... they need do nothing !!
let it roll..... seems they aren't open to that --- from where I sit

Patience - time will tell

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Just stating what others have said. Where have i judged the whoremongers? I could care less what consenting adults do.
Just pointing out the silliness in their claims to be the saviours of Sosua or anywhere else for that matter.

Sosua is still there, last I saw it. And I suspect whoremongers rarely stay longer than 30 days, let alone 120 days
just using the term "whoremonger" is indicative enough that you have a problem with the live style of others, men and woman. The real silliness is thinking that families, people trapped in a relationship with the same person and people with a cedula are the savior of Sosua

Reactions: johne and aarhus
Status
Not open for further replies.