What I learned from being in a coma for 10 days in the the hospital with covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Instead of writing childish "stories" about your friends miraculous recovery post the medical trials proving Ivermectin and HCQ are effective in treating Covid.
You cannot because they do not exist.
Silly little stories about your friends are just stories.

You know nothing about what "the people at CNN" do or do not do.

Big pharma is busy producing medicine and unlike you has no time for hatred or spreading medical misinformation.
The tiny number of uninformed people who took Ivermectin or HCQ for Covid was too small to even be noticed by the worlds pharmaceutical industry.

Glad your friend got better in spite of taking an animal anti parasite medication but its foolish in the extreme to try and attribute her recovery to Ivermectin.
Ivermectin is an effective anti flea medication that is designed for and works effectively in preventing fleas in dogs.
Your friend will likely be safe from fleas.
I guess you missed joe Rogan's interview with Sanjay Gupta the doctor of CNN.
Keep calling it an animal anti-parasite - when it is actually the most used human treatment for parasites in the world. Tiny number huh ?
It does not prevent fleas however, so you have not done any investigation. You point has been made (NOT).

Reactions: Luperon

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
He is just ill informed Bob - you can not help people like this
btw, I know you can be a tad thin skinned so I want to make sure you do not think I am referring to your friend as a dog.
I am sure she is a nice person.
I guess you missed joe Rogan's interview with Sanjay Gupta the doctor of CNN.
Keep calling it an animal anti-parasite - when it is actually the most used human treatment for parasites in the world. Tiny number huh ?
It does not prevent fleas however, so you have not done any investigation. You point has been made (NOT).
Show the medical research proving Ivermectin and HCQ are effective in treating Covid.

Good to hear about river blindness and internal parasite results but I think this is about Covid.

I get my medical information from doctors not entertainers like Joe Rogan.
Parasites are not a virus.
Covid is a virus.
There is good reason Ivermectin is sold in vet supply houses.

"Most used human treatment in parasites in the world"??????
You are confusing Covid with parasites.
Lets stay on topic in this Covid thread.
You can start your own thread about parasites if you like.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I like to learn.
Inform me with science not stories about your friends.
Why do you and others here keep pushing this bogus MSM nonsense that Ivermectin is a drug for animals? Yes, it did start out that way, but it has been approved by the FDA for a host of human diseases since 1996. The Ivermectin sold in drug stores is made to much higher standards than what you would get from a vet. Here's some real science for you and not the propaganda you're listening to:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I like to learn.
Inform me with science not stories about your friends.
Joe Rogan has a high school education followed by a brief unsuccessful MMA effort after which he found his niche in comedic entertainment.
You are welcome to use Rogan for medical advice but let's not pretend he knows anything about medicine.
Perhaps you find Joe easier to understand than science based double blind studies.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Anyone (not you Tom) trying to paint a beneficial FDA approved drug, as some here have, as unfit for treatment of humans is just recycling the distain of CNN and MSNBC and others with TRD.
It is an approved anti-parasitic and broad-spectrum anti-viral drug with enormous benefits and prevents the replication of SARS-CoV2

You are right.
The FDA has approved Ivermectin for human use.

Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

When doctors started pushing back on patients searching out prescriptions for the drug as a treatment for Covid19, the rush on veterinary clinics began.
So many poor souls looking to fight the virus with the version that had been approved for animals, more specifically horses.
So dire became the situation that the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) felt it necessary to address the rush.
ICYMI:

It is disingenuous to play dumb about why there are conversations about so-called horse pills.
Again, and to be perfectly clear...

Has Ivermectin in any of its forms been approved by the FDA for use in combatting the coronavirus (Covid19)?

No, it has not.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Why do you and others here keep pushing this bogus MSM nonsense that Ivermectin is a drug for animals? Yes, it did start out that way, but it has been approved by the FDA for a host of human diseases since 1996. The Ivermectin sold in drug stores is made to much higher standards than what you would get from a vet. Here's some real science for you and not the propaganda you're listening to:

read your study.
Proposed rationale and insufficient evidence are nothing.
Ivermectin is great for parasites and healed Bill's gf in two days.
You confuse that with medical proof of effectiveness against Covid?
We know what works and it's the vaccine.
There is no need to look elsewhere. We have the answer, why waste time on an antiparasite?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It didn’t help anybody I new who took it Cavok I was early proponent of it even bought up stock from pharmacies in Sosua when this started and gave out to friends ,you couldn’t get in pharmacies after pandemic broke..who wouldn’t want this cheap and readily available drug to work? My friends wife in Edmonton got sick from COVID they both took it still ended up in hospital both ok now..Even India stopped who produces it like candy..most people with COVID are fine in day or two some people effected harder some die..everyone wants a miracle to get this shit out of our life ..99.99% doctors say no and .01% say yes it gives you pause for thought.
No one said it is 100% effective on 100% of people who take it. Vaccines don't meet that standard either. I personally know one woman from Las Vegas whose doctor prescribed it to her and the symptom subsided 12 hours after the first dose.

I think India bowed to pressure from the WHO and others. They were passing out blister packs by the millions for free that contained Ivermectin, an antibiotic, zinc, and D3. I don't think it's a coincidence that India is in the bottom 1/3 of the list of deaths/1M. The same goes for Sub-Saharan Africa. Because of the highest incidence of malaria and other diseases, Ivermectin and HCQ are widely available and used there. They have had very little access to vaccines, yet they are very low on the Worldometers list. Just a coincidence?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
read your study.
Proposed rationale and insufficient evidence are nothing.
Ivermectin is great for parasites and healed Bill's gf in two days.
You confuse that with medical proof of effectiveness against Covid?
We know what works and it's the vaccine.
There is no need to look elsewhere. We have the answer, why waste time on an antiparasite?
Not much evidence because no large scale trials have been done. No large scale trials because anyone who did would be ridiculed and labeled a quack and a nut case and would be threatened with loss of funding.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You are right.
The FDA has approved Ivermectin for human use.

Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

When doctors started pushing back on patients searching out prescriptions for the drug as a treatment for Covid19, the rush on veterinary clinics began.
So many poor souls looking to fight the virus with the version that had been approved for animals, more specifically horses.
So dire became the situation that the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) felt it necessary to address the rush.
ICYMI:

It is disingenuous to play dumb about why there are conversations about so-called horse pills.
Again, and to be perfectly clear...

Has Ivermectin in any of its forms been approved by the FDA for use in combatting the coronavirus (Covid19)?

No, it has not.
Because the patent holder (Galderma Labs) of Ivermectin did not pay the FDA, to evaluate it for that use, nor perform the multi-million dollar testing. But it is a fully approved drug.

The FDA is not in charge of the world and they are quite corrupt. They are fully controlled by Big Pharma. Several good books on this on Amazon. "Fight for Your Health" is one. The CDC is equally tainted.

FYI Moderna and Johnson & Johnson are not FDA approved drugs. They only received EUA.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So you illegally travelled back to your home country with false documents, knowing you were Covid positive to save your own ass, without giving a shit for anyone that you came in contact with.

You are a wonderful human being.
He is not alone.
Lots of people are traveling the world doing the same thing.
You are only as safe as they have led you to believe you are.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
He is not alone.
Lots of people are traveling the world doing the same thing.
You are only as safe as they have led you to believe you are.

I still think it is pretty irresponsible to get on a plane when you know you have Covid. If it isn't illegal it should be.

Reactions: drstock

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
You are confusing Covid with parasites.

I am not arguing for or against the topic, but this sentence needs clarification.

Covid is a virus, we all know that. People might not know that all viruses are obligate parasites. Obligate parasites are those which cannot survive without a host.

To imply that the Covid virus is not a parasite is incorrect.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I still think it is pretty irresponsible to get on a plane when you know you have Covid. If it isn't illegal it should be.

While not the ideal solution I can't judge the person because I have not been in their position. Scary thing being sick and just wanting to get the best treatment possible.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
While not the ideal solution I can't judge the person because I have not been in their position. Scary thing being sick and just wanting to get the best treatment possible.

Well I haven't ever raped anyone but I feel well placed to say that it isn't a good thing to do. I have not been a fan of the hysteria around Covid, but I think that anyone who has it and decides to spend hours sitting on a plane in such close proximity to others is completely irresponsible. Others on that plane may have been infected and died as a result.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Was waiting for someone to state the obvious.

I’m not condoning the approach he took to get back to the US for treatment but none of us know the lengths we will go through to stay alive when faced with certain death. I’m not in a position to judge him when I know there are millions of people world wide refusing to get vaccinated and knowingly infecting others. I hope, in his desperation, he took every precaution not to infect others.

I consider myself a person with a good moral compass and good set of ethics, however, If I was in his position, I might do the same thing. His will to survive was strong enough to let him endure the travel ordeal and get proper treatment. He didn’t accept his fate and crawl off in the corner to die. It’s our strongest natural instinct and you hear stories about it all the time. People taking all sorts of risks to avert death. It turns some people into hero’s and others into villains.

• Sad
Reactions: OldSkool

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
but none of us know the lengths we will go through to stay alive when faced with certain death.

I think I am right in saying that well over 96% of people who have Covid survive it. So there was never a certainty of death. He wasn't even that ill if he could walk a lot of people are hospitalised and bedbound but make it.

The OP was clearly far more sick and he explains how he had excellent treatment without flying anywhere. Similar comments are echoed throughout this thread. There was no need to fly abroad and risk infecting so many others.

Reactions: OldSkool
Status
Not open for further replies.