What is the biggest difference between here and where you came from!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Never mind to answer this, you said it all already in the other thread.

I sorry Mr Zuckerberg you are right instead RETRAINING her she should have lost her job. IF a person with any substance or interigity TAKES money that they KNOW does not belong to them don't fault a person who made a honest mistake.

FAKE *SS Donald Trump!!!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It is pretty much a sure bet even if you gave the $$ back to the girl she would have still been rude and made you feel like it was your fault she made the error because you interrupted her conversation.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I sorry Mr Zuckerberg you are right instead RETRAINING her she should have lost her job. IF a person with any substance or interigity TAKES money that they KNOW does not belong to them don't fault a person who made a honest mistake.

FAKE *SS Donald Trump!!!

Hey burger boy you owe MA an apology for what you said about her because you're way out of line!!!! I don't give a rats a$$ what you say about me because it comes from a burger flipper and not from somebody who has earned his stripes in the corporate world but don't touch MA!!!! I respect her more than I do old Donald!!!
You on the other hand I will NEVER respect!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Hey burger boy you owe MA an apology for what you said about her because you're way out of line!!!! I don't give a rats a$$ what you say about me because it comes from a burger flipper and not from somebody who has earned his stripes in the corporate world but don't touch MA!!!! I respect her more than I do old Donald!!!
1. The money was not HERS

2. Respect me!!!! You don't even know me smart guy.

3. Now why don't you MAKE LIKE A TREE and GET OUT OF HERE!!!!

BTW What will happen if you are at a ATM and the machine spits out 10,000USD. Do you get to keep ANY of that money.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Get over it already, cashiers change jobs like nickers, same as colmado boys and pizza delivery drivers. 3 months is a lifetime at the same job for some of these girls. Is no big deal.

Oct 28, 2011
You are mostly very funny and probably extremely bored to be writing all this BS!
You are right about one thing: almost all employees in this country have no manners. What do you expect from someone making 6 or 7000 Pesos/mth? A college education...international or cosmopolitan savvy and know-how?
They are abnoxious because that's the way they are accustomed to dealing with each other and no one ever taught them manners. They could care less about what you think because they don't understand you any more than you understand them. One thing is for sure: YOU ARE IN THEIR COUNTRY and you have 2 choices, love it or leave it. If you love it, learn to speak Spanish and act like they do, in other words...don't give a S!After all, you aren't going to change the whole country, are you? And, teaching someone a lesson isn't that easy...first you have to tell them what it is you want them to learn osmosis doesn't work! And, if you leave, pick your next country carefully. Many Latin countries have the same problems, poor work ethics, lack of respect for others, legal systems which are ignored or bought, etc. Remember "Latins" have totally different mindsets than "Anglos". It is a culture of who can get away with the most without getting caught, and who can work the least and have the most! Buena suerte living here...

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

Oh I see the type human you are, you RESPECT white collar workers more then someone who earns a HONEST dime. Do me favor would you ,DON'T ever respect me. Also remain in the DR because that is the only place on the planet YOU have relevance, and you know exactly what I mean by that. BUENOS NOCHE!!!! & Enjoy your sand castle world.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Oh I see the type human you are, you RESPECT white collar workers more then someone who earns a HONEST dime. Do me favor would you ,DON'T ever respect me. Also remain in the DR because that is the only place on the planet YOU have relevance, and you know exactly what I mean by that. BUENOS NOCHE!!!! & Enjoy your sand castle world.

A wise man once said: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
This man was Abraham Lincoln.
I'm in a good mood tonight and therefore I will make the effort to try to educate you a little even though it might be wasted on you.
First a little about me. At the age of 10 I helped the milkman to do his deliveries when it wouldn't interfere with school, at the age of 12 I made pocket money cleaning out horse stables shoveling manure. At the age of 14 I had a newspaper route getting up at 4am every day finishing at 6.30 and then on my bicycle to school, 8kms one way through rain and snow. At the age of 15 on Saturdays and during vacations I worked in a large bakery, Sundays I washed the cars of a driving school. At the age of 17 I started working full time as a welder, Saturdays I was moon shining doing construction work. In my adult life I have done everything from cleaning washrooms on construction sites, driving cab, bouncer and even tirando machete. Quite often doing work much below my capabilities since I in adulthood had obtained a degree in business administration. Have also worked as salesman and held positions such as sales manager, International Business Development manager, General Manager etc etc in 5 countries on 3 continents. So don't tell me about making an honest dime there boy.
If I want to know about fishing I ask a fisherman not a carpenter
If I want to know about mechanics I ask a mechanic not a painter
If I want to know about flipping burgers I ask you not a welder
Since you apparently don't have the qualifications to run a business I refer to the above quote. You're making a fool of yourself.
Enough said

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
1. The money was not HERS

2. Respect me!!!! You don't even know me smart guy.

3. Now why don't you MAKE LIKE A TREE and GET OUT OF HERE!!!!

BTW What will happen if you are at a ATM and the machine spits out 10,000USD. Do you get to keep ANY of that money.

JMB773's quote wasn't meant for me, I'm just correcting his tree thingee....:ermm:

Actually....It's make like a tree and leave......

Make like a tree and get out of here just doesn't make any sense.....IMHO...

B in Santiago

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
mountainanne,
You will never change anyone in DR. You could be use to getting better service in other countries but you are in DR and its normal. You can get upset at all of the client service people that you want, they could give a rats a$$ about you.*

I don't know what town you stay in but I have been to many places in the great city of Santiago that have great client service...

But please continue to yell at them, I love standing in line and see these arguments. lol

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
A wise man once said: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
This man was Abraham Lincoln.
I'm in a good mood tonight and therefore I will make the effort to try to educate you a little even though it might be wasted on you.
First a little about me. At the age of 10 I helped the milkman to do his deliveries when it wouldn't interfere with school, at the age of 12 I made pocket money cleaning out horse stables shoveling manure. At the age of 14 I had a newspaper route getting up at 4am every day finishing at 6.30 and then on my bicycle to school, 8kms one way through rain and snow. At the age of 15 on Saturdays and during vacations I worked in a large bakery, Sundays I washed the cars of a driving school. At the age of 17 I started working full time as a welder, Saturdays I was moon shining doing construction work. In my adult life I have done everything from cleaning washrooms on construction sites, driving cab, bouncer and even tirando machete. Quite often doing work much below my capabilities since I in adulthood had obtained a degree in business administration. Have also worked as salesman and held positions such as sales manager, International Business Development manager, General Manager etc etc in 5 countries on 3 continents. So don't tell me about making an honest dime there boy.
If I want to know about fishing I ask a fisherman not a carpenter
If I want to know about mechanics I ask a mechanic not a painter
If I want to know about flipping burgers I ask you not a welder
Since you apparently don't have the qualifications to run a business I refer to the above quote. You're making a fool of yourself.
Enough said

Who are trying to convince me or yourself? Okay if this what you want hear, with this post you now can sit at the table with Ralph Lauren, Diego Della Valle and Kathy Ireland.

As far as my comment about Mounatainannie I sorry I said anything" What are you her big brother and you think this is the school yard?" She can defend her OWN post, or maybe by this unnecessary resume you posted people around the world look up you.

Let me say what you want to hear and maybe you can be my MENTOR one day "You are a better man then I am" I hope this makes you feel good.

BTW I tried to recieve a degree in Business Administration ,but it was too hard for me. WOW you are super smart with this degree.

Last edited:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Two Wrongs?

I know this is a old saying, but it applys here "2 wrongs don't make a right" (...)

I do not know where this saying originated from.
But I am certain that it was coined in the Dominican Republic... :laugh:

The lady deserved to reprimaned, not to lose her job over that incident.

Neither will happen.
Most such girls are not hired for their customer service skills anyway........ :cheeky:

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Santiago Customer Service

I(...) in the great city of Santiago that have great client service...

It's true, I have always found that one is treated best as a customer in Santiago.
Smarter people there?

donP

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Usually I never disagree with any of your post because you have a lot of insight on many topics, but this one I do not think you handle it correctly. Make no mistake the lady was dead wrong how she treated you. Its one thing if you were at home or on you way home when you notice the 1000RD, but you notice right there. You stole that money MORALLY.

Jobs are very HARD to come by in the DR for this person who might have lost her job on a mistake you had the power to correct would EAT me up if it was I in that store.

I know this is a old saying, but it applys here "2 wrongs don't make a right" The lady deserved to reprimaned, not to lose her job over that incident.

To have lost her job implies that she was doing it in the first place.... and she wasn't. If I was the owner of the store, I'd want my employees taking care of the customers... and taking care of BUSINESS. If she had made an honest mistake... (we all make mistakes), I say no punishment is warranted; in this case she was acting irresponsibly. Actually... probably nothing happened to her at all anyway.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Usually I never disagree with any of your post because you have a lot of insight on many topics, but this one I do not think you handle it correctly. Make no mistake the lady was dead wrong how she treated you. Its one thing if you were at home or on you way home when you notice the 1000RD, but you notice right there. You stole that money MORALLY.

Jobs are very HARD to come by in the DR for this person who might have lost her job on a mistake you had the power to correct would EAT me up if it was I in that store.

I know this is a old saying, but it applys here "2 wrongs don't make a right" The lady deserved to reprimaned, not to lose her job over that incident.

You know.. ACTUALLY

I EARNED that MONEY

by TEACHING

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
mountainanne,
You will never change anyone in DR. You could be use to getting better service in other countries but you are in DR and its normal. You can get upset at all of the client service people that you want, they could give a rats a$$ about you.*

I don't know what town you stay in but I have been to many places in the great city of Santiago that have great client service...

But please continue to yell at them, I love standing in line and see these arguments. lol

Just to be clear

i did not raise my voice

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Late Learning

(...) "I hope they will deduct it from her salary" and I don't believe that that is the right punishment. (LOL at punishment by the way :ermm:)

Quite right, it is not meant to be 'punishment'.
It is merely a late-life learning fee.... :classic:
As we all know good education does not come free. :laugh:

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In my supermarket story,I didn't want the clerk to be taught a lesson,or "Re trained",I wanted her fired!
She pi$$ed me off! I wanted "Revenge"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And if you think the owners of the busnesses here care about training their employees,or "customer service" you are,"Pi$$ing into the wind!!!"
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Status
Not open for further replies.