What is the Dominican psyche?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Onions & Catsup" gets a "Last Name"!!!!!!!!!!!

....and are we all on our knees begging to touch his robe!So what,s the "Big Deal?"..I never met anyone with the last name'"Mamadera" anyway!So, you are "de la familia Mamaderas,yo pense!....."O&C",most of the people on this forum are not Dominicans,and your family name,or the 2 million pounds of coffee they got stuck with are of no interest to us.(I read your post stating that you used the "Futures Market" to avoid just such problems!) Americans,Canadians,and most of us here don,t care who,or where you came from(except "MommC,French char woman,and that "Newbie" who,s name comes from a Roman Soldiers "Horse"!)If you want to be a habitual liar,you need to have a good memory,or lie to those who don,t!..You are about as "RICH",as I am "THIN"!"Oh the beauty of the "Internet",the old become young,the fat are slim,the ugly beautiful!...but the stupid find it impossible to become smart!So..."mr. Cheese burger with onions and catsup,you can be young,sexy,rich, thin,and "bonito" on DR1,but you are still;"STUPID"!The more you post the more you prove my point!My family name is "WONDERS",now just ask "TW",aka,"golo" how much land we have in corn,and soy beans around Streator,Il....and we sell it every year,cause as you "now"(O&C spells "Know"!),it costs money to store commodities!(mercancia,productos, como granos de cafe,y habichulas de soya)..Looks like the only "Granos" the Familia Mamaderas has son de "Cafe"! Criss Wonders de Colon.....CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Dominican Papi

Dominican Papi said:
the tag line is out of place. i don't even like onions & carrots, so please remove that stupid tag line from my nick. i'd rather you delete all of my threads/posts than have them appear with such a stupid tag line. i'm a real Dominican, so i love women, love my country, but i hate homosexuals.

Maybe now you might tone down your language.

Maybe I should change it to...

"I used to be gay, but now I'm Papi!"

Mar 21, 2002
To Dominican Papi & Criss Colon

Both of you guys are from that evolutionary branch of humanity that never evolved. I think they are called homo habilis. I sometimes wonder if you are the same person / split personailty.

Hey AZB you have plenty of clients here on DR1. Begin with Criss a.k.a. Dominican Papi- he seems to be drooling at the mouth. Don't be jealous Criss there are a quadrillion people with more money,power, and position than us in the DR.

I never studied in La Salle like Goshmoe or know the things he knows about minimalist art. I don't own a cliniquita like you do treating goats,pigs and chickens. Tell me how do you get that awful smell of pig off of you after treating those animals. Oh I forget you people from Holland smell like that all the time. You can smell a stinker like you a mile away. Why is it you people from Holland stink so bad? Do you have an aversion to WATER? It just seeps thru your skin. Boy, the lengths that DR women will go to better their lot in life.

You don't know Los Maderas. I'm shocked -you're obviously ain't Dominican or better yet cibaeno. You're a Johnny come-lately. Do something different for a change and go to Santiago's library. Get someone there to read to you about us cuz I doubt you can read in any language. We're chock full of DR's history.

AZB I'm happy you found paradise. Most people spend their whole life and don't realize it's all mental.

Hey Dominican Papi, ah shucks I'm blushing, I didn't know you cared.

Oh Criss and when you go out in public to Santiago use plenty of deodorant and change you Tacobell burrito stained shirt. Also remember to brush your teeth- you goat!

Nanana-na-nana

A little poem for Criss- my playground chum

Roses are red
Violets are green
You need 20 bottles of Listerine
Not a gulp, not a swallow
but the whole god damn bottle

Nanana-na-nana

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Criss.......Welcome back!!!

Everyone was missing you but I assured them yesterday you should soon be back from vacation and here you are!
infinity.gif

Now take back that remark about how I care where what's his face comes from or how much money he has.
I couldn't care less......when asked once if I got "flustered" when rubbing shoulder with the likes of Micheal J.Fox, Harry Belafonte,Paul Anka,Alana Morrisette my response was "Why should I? They're people just like me"! Just like you or my maid.
Only difference between them and us "ordinary" folks is that they get paid more and have more "face" recognition.
What you have does not determine Who you are......and I learned long ago that who you are and who you know is worth more than all the money in the world. Did you see the newsmagazine program on the "Berry" guy from Canada who's made a mint selling soy powder using Mohammad Ali and is now facing prison in Texas?? He knows a lot of people!!!
Here's a little something for the guy that stuck with all the coffee he can't sell........
dollar.gif

Salomon

Apr 4, 2002
I am average Joe

Onions&carrots said:
Is there anyone on DR1 that is an average Joe? [/B]

and I wouldn?t want it any other way. Born from a Dominican Lower middle class family in US and raced in DR. I have been blessed with a Mother who would always put her children in first place. Sat almost all her youth in a sawing machine to give my sister and I the best education and life style at her reach. By the time my sister was ready to go to college my Mom had her own business, and with her help and help from scholarships my sister left DR and graduated from Marry Mount College for Women. 5 years later I did the same and graduated from LIU. My sister is now married (Irish) from a very good family in the sense that they are honest, hard working and there hasn?t been one divorce in all generations and much more good things.
Myself, well, I graduated 5 years ago. Do not need anything my mother has today. Do not need anything her family has, because I do not even keep in touch with those people. What ever my sister has will go to her children. What ever I make goes into traveling and living life with no worries. Do not save much because I do not want any children. I do not like to feel or be poor and I do not like to feel or be rich. It like in politics, The Republican too much to the right wing is a dictatorship and The Democratic party too much to the left wing is communism. I like everything right in the middle. The man I marry will just have to be the same way.
So you see O&C, I am Joe?. I just hope you were telling the truth up there because as they say, it is better to remain quite and be thought a fooll then to speak and give prove to being one.

MS

Mar 21, 2002
That's honorable Solomon

I respect you and your families struggles. I'm just curious as to why a Dominicana is estranged from her family. Quite odd and bizarre- this usually happens to Americans who leave their family at age 18 never to return or know anything about their family.

OR CARE!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
O & C.....

What school did you say you graduated from?
Even tho' the site PIB posted is in Dutch surely if Jessica can figure it out you should be able to......
Maybe that explains why your family has all that coffee sitting in a warehouse being non productive and deteriorating!
hmm3grin2orange.gif

Salomon

Apr 4, 2002
O&C...

First of all, my mother?s hard work so that today she could have the pleasure of having two professional daughters and a son almost on its way, was never a struggle. Actually, she is quite happy of how her life developed. And the funny thing is that she gave us everything to the point of us being raced very spoiled, and yet today she doesn?t live on us like a lot of Dominican families do.
Second, I am very close to my immediate family. But the rest, except maybe for my grandmother, I keep away because of the simple fact that they are always in competition of who has more. When you talk to them, it is all about what they have. Sound Familiar?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
First things first! MommC,the South Coast misses.

you,and so do I. How about a L. of Canadian Club when you come back? I,ll drive down to "Open" it with you and yours!.Marc,or Doug, promissed me a bottle,but never delivered!...................Now for the Little Child,"OH & PEE!"....like I said in my last post ,"You can be what you want to be!"in the US Army,and on DR1.Except that "Stupid Children" like you can not be "Smart" like some of the "Older,Wiser,more Experienced" "Adults" who "wander these hallowed halls"!Your childlike rantings above just prove once again my point! What child doesn,t want everyone to "Like him Best!"you want us to "gang-up" on "golo" to show our love for you.What shallow- mindedness.Sorry Senor Mamadera,you and your post have yet again failed miserably,because as a child, you should have learned by now,"Sticks and Stones can break my bones,but names can never hurt me!!!!!"We Dutch do have an aversion to water,the North Sea to be specific. We "made" Holland from the water!Didn,t you ever hear about the Little Dutch Boy who stuck his finger in the dike(not a "Dyke",that was you!) and saved our country?.....Now about those Taco stains,Taco Bell has a sale on right now in Santo Domingo,Un Taco por 10 pesos! "Ganga"! Que precio!Voy paya,vas conmigo?Oh,I forgot you are in Miami managing your family,s "Empire"!! "Hey "Mi Primo Cubano" wanna buy some Cafe Dominicano"? I got 2 million dollars worth here in mi Toyota "Canrey" ano "87"!!!...La Familia Mamaderas,Los Cibaenos con "GRANOS!....si "Granos" de Cafe! .........................A "POEM" para ti;Senor Mamadera....Roses are red,violets are blue, su familia son "Lambonasos",and so are you!NanananananannnaaannnanCCCCCCCCCNaCCCCCCCCCCCnanaCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccccCCCCCCCCC

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Why are we even bothering with O&C? He claims he is from some important family in the DR but nobody has ever heard of it. Nobody in Miami ever heard of it also. He is just another chopo wannabee who peobobly lives in Allahpatta and graduated from Jackson H.S.!
He talks about helping the poor masses yet he tries to impress people with some story about his Social, Political and economic standing!
O&C do us all a favor and take your Ritalin!

Tony C.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I say we have a Miami DR1 poster's reunion. Tony C., Musicqueen and Cebollas & Zan all meet and take some pictures. How about you guys get together at Mango's and then give us the real scoop on who each other is. My prediction...a love interest will blossom between Tony C. and MQ :)

Mar 21, 2002
Tony a member of Miami's Cuban mafia

I don't have to answer your naco-chopo butt. Goshmoe put you in your place. You are a super-chopo.I only said that cuz so many people wanted to know who the heck I am. I know it deeply bothers all the ex-pat pirates on DR1 that successful Dominicans exist. Your vision of Dominicans are the types that appeared in Samuel Jackson's film-name I can't remeber.

Probably all of you doyt-heads like all the down-n-out DR folk you encounter daily in SD. Now I get it. You feel like someone with your chopo wages at the local colmado.

Well I'm sorry, even though I disagree frequently with Goshmoe he put all of you in your place. Also included is Mondongo- a brilliant scientist, Dr Techie etc,etc.

So listen up gusano, everyone in SD received Fidel with full honors- como te cai esa tigre.
Nanana-na-nana!!!

Mar 21, 2002
Oh Tony ,one last thing

Y esa vagabunderia que ustedes los cubanos son los unicos blancos es completamente falsa. En SD tenemos muchos rubios y blancos como yo de pelo negro procediente de Espana. Ustedes le dicen trigeno.Lo que pasa gusano es que nosotros le decimos a nuestros mulatos- indio y no como ustedes que son racistas. Te digo eso poique ustedes son unos habladores y babosos. Oh-oh estos cubanos se creen que ellos se la saben todo. Estoy harto de que los cubanos repiten incesantemente como todo era mejor en Cuba. Ustedes no tienen ni pais ni patria.

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
O&C

Just an observation...your family has $2,000,000 in coffeee stored because you can't get a good price? That means you really have $0.00 worth of coffee since it is sitting there doing nothing. If you can't sell it, it has no value.

Mar 21, 2002
Oh brother ,Jefe

At current market value that's what we could get but cuz of production costs, and DR's uncompetitiveness in world markets, aslump/glut a couple of years back it cost us more to harvets it. It's the 1st time it happens to us. it deosn't matter, we can keep it ther for a long time. We are well capitalized, 0% debt. Other business interests which are extremely profitable right now.

You see this the problem with most farmers in El Cibao. No guardan pa esas vacas flacas. Since a great majority are cash strapped, don't take into account bad harvests,vast price differences they have to get what they can. Then operating at an imbalance for next year's crop be it platanos,rice or whatever they have to take loans from Banco Agricola. I think you get to see the miserable cycle of mismanagement,loan indebtedness,price variance that most of our farmers are in.

Also unlike the US very little or no form of gov't subsidies for those slow years. You see DR has the purest form of capitalism-laissez faire.Another reason why the average Joe flunks out here.

On a positive note if you are disciplined, have good American style accounting principles- debit and credit, you can also become wealthy in the DR agriculture business.

Take for example a Dominican cabdriver in Miami who was my driver. I told him the same thing. This guy is a go getter. He took my advice returned to Santiago and started with about 100 chickens. he used correct accounting principles, a little common sense with loans and presto. This guy about 3 years later has 10000 chickens between those for eggs and food.

Anyone can do it. Just need discipline. We have been doing this for a very long time.

Mar 21, 2002
Oh I forgot something

If any of you ex-pats make it big in the agrobiz remember to have a Dominican associate. In this neck of the woods people are very nationalistic. They wouldn't take it too kindly to a foreigner doing what they flunked out at. This ain't Puerto Rico where the Cubans own everything. You would most surely be taken out. There you are. At least I gave you aformula to make easy money in the DR if you didn't already know.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Oh!,I forgot something too!

Your family pays nothing for fertilizer "cuz" you are all so "Full-of-IT"!!!That should give you a real financial edge against the competition!I have a near "fotografic" memory,a "gift" from God that lets me succeed in life with little or no effort.Therefore,I remember your incessant postings from Miami on the "Old Format" DR1,about how you longed to be in Mao with your "Grandfather"(White,rich,Spanish roots,same "Bullshit" you still spout!)but that you needed to be in the US trading in the futures market as a "hedge" against fluctuating commodity prices on the world markets!Looks like you "blew" that one too! How about your fantastic job in London,with the "Financial" company with the big salary? "Blew" that one too did you? This will be my last response to any of your rantings.You are "exposed" as a liar,and a fool!We all knew you were a "Bore"! ccccccccccccccccccccccCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccccc na na na na na na na na y NA!....Your advice about the Dominican Associate in the "Agri-Biz"is all wrong!The Dominican would steal all the money,so one could never be successful.We all know how that works here.The foreigner provides the money,the Dominican the "hole" to throw it into!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2002
Don't be jealous Criss

That's what I am doing right now. I trade intraday from 1 minute to 60 minute charts daily on the big S&P futures contract or the eminis'.Market is about to close in 10 minutes. It was a down day and the market having broken support at 1100. Recent weakness in Telecom with Ericsson going to lay off another 22000 employees. Most stats including surprisingly home stats showed unbelievable weakness for March. Next supprt level is around the Feb. 22 area of 1077.Since Mar 19 the general market is trending downward. Either long or short we are making money.

Do you want to make money in futures? Go to the Metastock website and Omega Tradestation website. Purchase Metastock Pro for 2500 or 3000 dollars. I have the old version so when I upgraded it only cost 1K dollars. Then go to Omega and sign up for their monthly service it runs about 300 a month. Metastock uses Esignal it costs about 100 a month.

O.K., once you have this go to Traders Library and purchase all books by Joe Duffy and Larry Williams.You also get their phone numbers,email. Larry is a nice guy who will talk to anyone. Take a couple of years to TRULY understand the info. These will cost you about 3 or 4 thousand more. Papertrade until you are profitable. Then plunk down real money.In the futures you can start with as little as 5k.

Right now I'm averaging about 30-40 k a month- dollars of course. I am not trading everyday. YOU can do it too. When I was trading daily I could make anywhere from 100k to 400k in a month.Of course I started with more. I started with about 80,000.

If you start with 5K , use prudent money management you can raise it up to 150-200k in about 1-2 years.In the beginning a little risky but apply exactly what you learn. Futures moves fast.Then you can trade on a fraction of the total and live a comfortable life doing very little. You can retire wealthy. If I wanted to I could manage funds for Cibaeno farmers. Ain't interested.

The other day I was at Caterpillar dealing with the shipment. I do less trading now. I use that money for personal use. At that time there was a problem in our agricultural goods and production. The hedging came in fine. All we are doing now is increasing land,bank accounts, and production.

The firm in England I work for I am on a possible permanent leave of absence.

So there you have it , a formula so you can make money. Either in the agrobiz and the extremely lucrative futures markets.
Most Dominicans won't help anyone on how to make money.So don't look at me with anger and envy. YOU and everyone on DR1 can live like Golo, myself or whomever.

I didn't mention the bulldozer biz cuz that's too much money upfront to reap rewards later on. It's too bruto.

There you go Colon, how about some helpful facts for you instead of blowing hot air.