what is the fine for

Sep 19, 2005
a ticket for no seat belt.....I am not kidding !!...............from an AMET cop

nets you a 100 peso fine, in Santiago......I figure since the cop watched hundreds upon hundreds of people drive by with out a seat belt , he was expecting something.....didnt get it.....( i didnt know better) i wasted a few hours going to pay the fine and then another few getting the license back, three days later.

bob

A

apostropheman

The fine is only a hundred pesos or so. He got pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle, which means it was probably a national policeman, not an AMET. An AMET would have given him a ticket and that would be the end of it.
Had your(our)friend offered a hundred pesos, the cop would have probably accepted it. Worse case, he would have told him to follow him to the police station. He drives a few blocks, then stops and tries for the money.
If your friend would have called me(he has my number) I would have told him what to do...
not to mention that he should have known better. :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

A

apostropheman

AMET are merciless when it comes to Cel phones and seatbelts, even though the seatbelt law is selectively enforced. Only normal people in cars and jeepetas have to use seatbelts. Conchos, trucks, and buses are exempt.

I have no problem showing AMET or PN my license. I made a copy of my license, Insurance Card, Matricula, Cedula and Residence cards on one sheet.

When they stop me, I give them that sheet. When they ask why I 'm giving a copy, I tell them it's to avoid being shaken down by dishonest cops. I refuse to give them my real license.

If an AMET is going to give you a ticket, he can do it with the copy.

If a PN wants to try to ruin my day, he's not going to do it by holding my license hostage. The first thing I tell them is "No tengo cuarto"(I don't have any money) THE FIRST THING I SAY! (Note: I do NOT say that to AMET)

If the PN tells me to follow him, I say sure, or if he wants, he can follow me. I also tell him the farther I have to follow him, the less I'm going to give him. The max I give a PN is 50 pesos. I don't ask if I can give him something, I tell him that's it.

They ALWAYS laugh at me, say something like "aye, no eres facil", take the money, and let me go. ALWAYS.
i just printed this out...for future reference...thank you :)

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
I spoke with a AMET officer that works out at the gym I do and he said RD$30.00 is the fine for running a redlight.