What is your Christmas?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
So, with everything going on (agree or not) what are you doing for this Christmas? I am doing Noche Buena with the usual / or not cerdo asado, arroz con guandules, ensalada de papa, papas de horno, pollo de horno, pastelon de maduro platano, Dominican spaghetti, and chocolate cheesecake. Now pray for me that this all goes well because I have never tried to do this much.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It has been a rough year for many. Sure, we can argue about this and that but it is nice to take a timeout and celebrate the good things in your life. If you are reading this, well your alive so it is a good thing. Share your Christmas with us,

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
One good thing about our Dominican / British family is that we have two Christmases. Tomorrow will be traditional Dominican fair with roast piglet and all the trimmings and the 25th will be traditional English fair with turkey and all the trimmings. We have a small circle of friends who are expats with Dominican wives and kids and we always get together for Xmas. A wonderful time of year.

Merry Christmas fellow DR oners.

Reactions: keepcoming

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We had our Christmas Eve and Day all planned out but yesterday our grandson (15) was confirmed Covid positive. Christmas is canceled.

Mr AE and I will still do a Dominican Christmas Eve, and send much of the food to daughters house. Same thing with the giant leg of lamb on Christmas.

We both tested negative today, despite being exposed several times since last week.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
We do a secret Santa which is called "Angelito" in Spanish. In November names go into a hat and we have a 1000 peso limit to buy our chosen member a gift. On the day we say a little speech about our chosen receiver and they have to guess who our Angelito is. It's a lot of fun.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
We had our Christmas Eve and Day all planned out but yesterday our grandson (15) was confirmed Covid positive. Christmas is canceled.

Mr AE and I will still do a Dominican Christmas Eve, and send much of the food to daughters house. Same thing with the giant leg of lamb on Christmas.

We both tested negative today, despite being exposed several times since last week.
Sorry to hear that.

Although the leg of lamb made me slightly jealous!

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Christmas time is usually hectic at the Buffness household ….driving the kids everywhere for school plays and such……24th is usually with the Dominican in-laws …at Tia’s house ….the usual roast pig dinner 😋😋😋….25th, at home with the family Christmas dinner🍗🍖….26th is mi suegro’s birthday …he usually comes from São Paulo 🇧🇷to spend Christmas with us ….so we have a birthday party for him…and by the 27th we need a vacation. 😫😭

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I will probably spend Christmas in bed or in the hospital.

I came down with either bronchitis or Covid (symptoms are the same) a couple of days ago and taking medication doesn't seem to be making a dent so far.
So, going the bedrest and lots of liquids route for now, if I'm not feeling better tomorrow I'll be driving to the hospital.

• Wow
Reactions: AlterEgo

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States

I came down with either bronchitis or Covid (symptoms are the same) a couple of days ago and taking medication doesn't seem to be making a dent so far.
So, going the bedrest and lots of liquids route for now, if I'm not feeling better tomorrow I'll be driving to the hospital.
Crummy way to spend Christmas, I hope you recover quickly

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We are going to friends on Christmas eve and will be doing a surf & turf grill. Christmas day will just be my wife and I and we will be doing a baked pasta that is drowning in cheese. Not very traditional but it will be great.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Hope you get well soon JD.
🎄🎄🎄

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sorry to hear that.

Although the leg of lamb made me slightly jealous!
Thanks!

We love lamb too, were in USA now, but I’ve gone hunting for legs of lamb in DR. One year a butcher in the next town showed up at our gate with two! Then I found out Supermercado Nacional has frozen legs from New Zealand/Australia. They’re usually way too big, so I have the butcher saw it in half for me and we enjoy two special meals.

Reactions: Nadie21

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

JD, take care and let us know how you’re doing! 🌡😷🍵🛏

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Wishing a happy and safe Christmas for everyone.
Now if you were your own Anglito, what would you give yourself?
I opt for my continued good health, and wish it for all.