What kind of wedding can I have with 76,000 pesos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~I forgot to mention this does NOT include legalizing and translating paperwork required to get married in the RD....its quite pricey as well something in the neighborhood of $40.00US per page to translate...and it adds up quickly...

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
SHY of what?

What kind of wedding could I have with 76,000 pesos?
I'm planning to get married over there in two years and I'm not sure how much you need to have to get the kind of wedding you would get in New York for 32,000 dollars. I doubt I would spend 32,000 but I am aiming for a big wedding.

Thank you

You would have a 76,000 DOP wedding minus the bride.
A NY 32,000 USD wedding would cost you USD 47,000 over here and we would supply a bride. :rolleyes:

capitan1962

Aug 29, 2011
However much money you have saved for your wedding, take half of that and put it in the bank. That way you will have a start on what the divorce cost.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
However much money you have saved for your wedding, take half of that and put it in the bank. That way you will have a start on what the divorce cost.

If your comment is supposed to be amusing, surely it should have an exclamation mark or a 'lol' at the end!

capitan1962

Aug 29, 2011
If your comment is supposed to be amusing, surely it should have an exclamation mark or a 'lol' at the end!

That's like putting a sign on the door that says "Door." If somebody can't figure that out without signals they shouldn't be allowed on the computer without supervision.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
with the way the economy is right now why even consider spending this kind of money? I know it's a wedding but if you are thinking about spending this kind of money in DR you have lost your mind. Keep it simple, small and save the rest of that $ for a rainy day [no pun intended].

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
with the way the economy is right now why even consider spending this kind of money? I know it's a wedding but if you are thinking about spending this kind of money in DR you have lost your mind. Keep it simple, small and save the rest of that $ for a rainy day [no pun intended].

A good marriage starts off with a realistic understanding of cost of living issues and a plan for how to deal with them as they arise. How many marriages go awry before the liquor bill from the reception is paid off?

Going 'all-in' for the big party at the beginning of the marriage will have serious consequences as the couple struggles with the economic hardships induced by the start-up costs of family life. For most, the answer is to stretch their newfound creditworthiness to its limit in order to achieve immediate gratification in terms of material needs and wants (the difference between 'needs' and 'wants' gets fuzzy during the credit binge).

I remember a vacuum salesman imploring "It's only $22 a Month, you can afford that" when I'd just married the very first time. My wife was sitting there with her head going up and down like the little dog in the back window of the car and I interjected "We can afford the payments but we'd rather save for one". They both looked at me like I was crazy. I probably should've split right then.

OP,

Put the half the savings in the bank, honeymoon on the other half after leaving the local Justice of the Peace with your brand new spouse and a pair of witnesses. Keep adding to the savings as life progresses and after 5 years invite all the friends and family to a "Renewal of Marriage Vows" ceremony in the back yard of your new house. Make sure they register with Sears for those new appliances.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Hope everyone had fun taking a stab at the new poster. To the OP hope you got your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.