What Luis Abinader proposes to restore the economy in Covid-19 times

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-Grupo-Corripio-Listin-Diario-e1593175275600.jpeg

Recovering from a mild bout of Covid-19, the Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) presidential candidate presented his plans to stimulate the economy if elected on 5 July 2020. Luis Abinader is ahead to win the election, according to leading polls.

Still awaiting his second negative test for Covid-19, Abinader participated in the Grupo Corripio talk with presidential candidates.

He said the country would have to take on loans to boost the economy. “The country should not have taken on debt when the economy was growing. But now that we are in a crisis, we will have to,” he said. He said he will receive a country with a US$3 billion debt after the fall in hard currency from tourism, remittances, free zone export zones. He expects fiscal incentives will help kickstart the private sector. He said construction will be given priority and farming. He said...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I wonder what they're doing with the loan money they just received from the IMF LOL?

That debacle is not the fault of Abinader, but rather why the ruling party wants Margarita to remain as either vice president or first lady.
Keep the office close, but the books/paper trail closer.

Reactions: Andre14615

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Tax exemptions for companies that export.? Take out loans that the working people will pay back, and leave them off the hook, doesn't sound fair. How about deferment as opposed to exemption.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Is Abinader still being advised by the scumbag Rudy Giuliani? His association with Rudy is the worst look possible. Pure scum. IMHO.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Is Abinader still being advised by the scumbag Rudy Giuliani? His association with Rudy is the worst look possible. Pure scum. IMHO.
Easy there fellow I don't want you to choke, that's a mouth full you said there. Do you have any corroborating evidence to support this claim? And please don't come back with the Ukraine smear job because we all know that's political. Just to be clear, is this the Rudy Giuliani that you speak of?

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Easy there fellow I don't want you to choke, that's a mouth full you said there. Do you have any corroborating evidence to support this claim? And please don't come back with the Ukraine smear job because we all know that's political. Just to be clear, is this the Rudy Giuliani that you speak of?
No not that one. The scum bag Giuliani that monetized his brand on the deaths of over 3,000 lost souls from 9/11. That one.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
No not that one. The scum bag Giuliani that monetized his brand on the deaths of over 3,000 lost souls from 9/11. That one.
Good effort but the source you used is quite bias. A liberal rag?

You want us to believe that Mr Giuliani is a "scumbag" based on hearsay and conjecture? From the biased article you posted:
One cannot conclude unethical behavior from Giuliani’s anomalous financial arrangement with Trump or his lucrative ties to foreign interests. But those red flags demand scrutiny of his business dealings,...
My only request was not to mention Ukraine and wadda ya know in the second paragraph more innuendo...well about this:
It’s not clear, and neither is the nature of the work he’s done relating to Ukraine, a subject of interest in the House impeachment inquiry.
Sorry but I'm not seeing this whole scumbag narrative. I'm sure you'll be equally concern about other more pertinent Ukraine "scumbag™ protagonist.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Good effort but the source you used is quite bias. A liberal rag?

You want us to believe that Mr Giuliani is a "scumbag" based on hearsay and conjecture? From the biased article you posted:

My only request was not to mention Ukraine and wadda ya know in the second paragraph more innuendo...well about this:

Sorry but I'm not seeing this whole scumbag narrative. I'm sure you'll be equally concern about other more pertinent Ukraine "scumbag™ protagonist.
Critical thinking is a skill.

Trumpf's hired private goon he hired to perform international diplomacy with a foreign power.

Putting Rudy in the same sentence as international foreign diplomacy isvomitosis alone.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Critical thinking is a skill.
Indeed, it is diametrically opposed to being a lemming. Stop swallowing whole the trash put out by these liberal rags.
Trumpf's hired private goon he hired to perform international diplomacy with a foreign power.

Putting Rudy in the same sentence as international foreign diplomacy isvomitosis alone.
Again, more conjecture and innuendo. Do you have any concrete evidence something close to what would stand up in a court of law. Opinions, hearsay, conjecture and supposition are as useful as tits on a bull.