What percentage does a Sosua real estate agent charge.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I just bought 2 pineapples and 2 mangos for $200 RD. Way too high but he needs it more than I do - probably.
Wow.
I doubt you´d do much
better anywhere esle.
RE prices may drop but
the cost of food is soaring.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Two years ago I were interested in a nice villa built with high standards here i Cabarete. Owner wanted 280k and I made an offer through the agent for 220k, to start the negotiating prosess. The owner did not respond in any manner. I ended up buying something else which I am happy for today because my current home better suits my needs.

The owner has now lowered his price, selling for 230k. I was willing to go up to 240k for that property.

The villa has now been on sale for at least 4 years, maybe 6 and still are.

While what you say does hold basis in fact, there is also another equation to take into account.
Quite frequently, owners (Dominicans and/or foreigners), are under pressure from spouses or family members to sell their respective or jointly held properties ASAP, for whatever reasons one can think of. The owner in charge may agree, and put the property up for sale, but at a price he/she fully realize that nobody in their right mind will ever pay for. They appease their spouses/family members by having the property up for sale, but at the same time fully realize nobody will come near the asking price.
So, while you may "believe" this property is for sale, it really isn't.
This happens more times than not.

Reactions: etolw

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
While what you say does hold basis in fact, there is also another equation to take into account.
Quite frequently, owners (Dominicans and/or foreigners), are under pressure from spouses or family members to sell their respective or jointly held properties ASAP, for whatever reasons one can think of. The owner in charge may agree, and put the property up for sale, but at a price he/she fully realize that nobody in their right mind will ever pay for. They appease their spouses/family members by having the property up for sale, but at the same time fully realize nobody will come near the asking price.

The farm I bought in Puerto Plata had an asking price of 100K. I got it for 20k. Right place at the right time.

Reactions: Caonabo

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Very true and I saw that several times in Santo Domingo with residential real estate.

Reactions: Caonabo