What rights and obligations do you have after you apply for residence?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I apply in july but I don't know if there is different rules for europeans. I never needed to send fingerprints, only a report from the police. All papers is registrated included the medical examination in DR, since august.
Actually, the point I was making, fingerprints or not, the police background check was only good for 6 months. That was a couple years ago. Rules at DGM change frequently without notice.

daisypolanco

Jan 11, 2024
Santo Domingo
I have a question that I think a lawyer would answer.
What rights and obligations do I have after I applied for residence?
What can I do and not do? For example: bank business, start a company, driving, traveling etc.
My application has been at migration office for 4 month now and the answer I get is, 'tranquilo'.
What I read I need to wait until it is finished before I can go out of the country, I need to go to europe for a short time.
I also want to start a business but I don't know if it is possible to work before the application is approved or denied, I don't want to invest a lot of money if I can't work in it myself.
And what about driving and other things.
Current timelines at DGM for residency permits are from 5-6 months, after providing all required documents.
With your username & login details, you can verify if DGM has provided additional notes or comments on your application (this could be resubmission of documents, or other).

Reactions: windeguy

daisypolanco

Jan 11, 2024
Santo Domingo
How long have you been waiting so far? After 6 months, that friend of mine was told he had to do the FBI fingerprints over because the time limit on them expired.
For residency applications, criminal records are only valid for 12 moths.
They also have be legalized by apostille to submit to DGM.

Reactions: windeguy

daisypolanco

Jan 11, 2024
Santo Domingo
I apply in july but I don't know if there is different rules for europeans. I never needed to send fingerprints, only a report from the police. All papers is registrated included the medical examination in DR, since august.

Daisy are you an attorney or work for a law firm?
Yes, attorney working for the immigration department at Guzmán Ariza

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I just went into my account at DGM and started on the application for “residencia definitiva”. Maybe a little risky as my residency expired juli 2021. But I will give it a go. It now came up with all the requirements. I think I can use title of property in the DR in my own name for economic/solvency part.

daisypolanco

Jan 11, 2024
Santo Domingo
I just went into my account at DGM and started on the application for “residencia definitiva”. Maybe a little risky as my residency expired juli 2021. But I will give it a go. It now came up with all the requirements. I think I can use title of property in the DR in my own name for economic/solvency part.
The application could depends on whether you're renewing, starting an application from scratch or switching to a different category. Shoot me a text on WhatsApp and send me more info (829-259-1995).

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The application could depends on whether you're renewing, starting an application from scratch or switching to a different category. Shoot me a text on WhatsApp and send me more info (829-259-1995).
I am renewing. I think I got first permanent in 2007 or 2008. It’s definitely over 10 years until 2021. My issue is more if they “punish” me for not renewing and say I don’t qualify for the “definitiva” and have to do another 4 years of “recidencia permanente”.

daisypolanco

Jan 11, 2024
Santo Domingo
I am renewing. I think I got first permanent in 2007 or 2008. It’s definitely over 10 years until 2021. My issue is more if they “punish” me for not renewing and say I don’t qualify for the “definitiva” and have to do another 4 years of “recidencia permanente”.
Depending on the type of residency, there will be fees to pay due to ''expiration'', and a renewal fee as well.
Feel free to e-mail (dpolanco@drlawyer.com) or shoot me text on WhatsApp.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Depending on the type of residency, there will be fees to pay due to ''expiration'', and a renewal fee as well.
Feel free to e-mail (dpolanco@drlawyer.com) or shoot me text on WhatsApp.
I am bit exhausted already thinking about it. So I have put it on hold. Some years ago I had a business here and staff and an employee of mine did the extension for me in 2017 all online. I am hoping I can now do that myself.

daisypolanco

Jan 11, 2024
Santo Domingo
I am bit exhausted already thinking about it. So I have put it on hold. Some years ago I had a business here and staff and an employee of mine did the extension for me in 2017 all online. I am hoping I can now do that myself.
Sure, feel free to reach via text or email. We can look into that for you and provide perhaps a bit more clarity on your current options, more than the DGM website might be doing right now.

Reactions: aarhus