What will it take to end the curfew?

rvancil

Feb 2, 2009
I personally know about a dozen people who have been diagnosed positive, 8 had no symptoms, the other 4 recovered like it was a standard cold. I also know 3 nurses who went for their test all together at a very well known hospital in the US, filled out the paperwork, waited in line for a hour, had to go back to their shift before actually taking the test. Well what do you know, all of them got notified of a positive test, they were livid and it sent the hospital into a tailspin including a whole CDC team coming out. Its all BS

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Yesterday, what some claim is the worlds foremost expert on pandemics, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said that a vaccine would likely be 70 to 75 percent effective.
Would that be good enough to lift the quarantine several years from now?

A .300 chance of still getting CV19 even after a vaccine is developed and widely available.

(In baseball, a .300 hitter is considering to be doing well, for vaccines, it pretty much sucks.)
I am disappointed with Dr Fauci. He is getting more and more into politics. Yesterday he was making the rounds on various news talk shows being used by the opinion anchor's

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden carried out a record number of new coronavirus tests last week with only 1.2% coming back positive, the health agency said on Tuesday, the lowest rate since the pandemic began at a time when countries across Europe are seeing surges in infections.

Reactions: wayne

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
X-mas season?
we already said this abour Holy Week/Raster Season, impossible to skip/keep people from celebrating.
the fact:
Easter 2020 never happened and even the churches stayed down quiet and life went on.
me personally, I am sure that the darn USA elections time will bring changes very soon forus, as much as i hate to depend on the northerners, as fact we do.
whom ever will win the clown show, he has to show his People there that he really does the best to bring their economy back on track, keep and add employment, bring money into his people's pockets to be spend on their economy, so Local and Intl Toursm will be part of such actions to reopen completely.
at the moment the Presi say's so(which ever Presi that may be), at that moment the People will visit Disney again, and teh Yellowstone, and Mexico and DR ....
such opening should have happened way earlier (IMHO, of course), but the big Day Nov 3rd is sure more importnt to every polititian there (as July 5th also was def more important HERE in DR) than waht's bets for any country's People.
towards the US elections we will sure see significant changes on the matter influencing our DR significantly, too, at least that's my personal Hope.

lifeisgreat

On Vacation
May 7, 2016
I personally know about a dozen people who have been diagnosed positive, 8 had no symptoms, the other 4 recovered like it was a standard cold. I also know 3 nurses who went for their test all together at a very well known hospital in the US, filled out the paperwork, waited in line for a hour, had to go back to their shift before actually taking the test. Well what do you know, all of them got notified of a positive test, they were livid and it sent the hospital into a tailspin including a whole CDC team coming out. Its all BS
Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro all will help you you don’t need prescription just a will to get better...

Reactions: CristoRey

user123

Aug 16, 2017
On one side they're trying to revive tourism and on the other they're imposing crazy curfew hours. What confidence does it give to potential visitors? Even if they're interested in visiting AI when they find out the whole country goes into look-down at 5 pm it gives perception that the country does not have the situation under control at all.

Reactions: kanson and Caonabo

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
...the whole country goes into look-down at 5 pm it gives perception that the country does not have the situation under control at all.
This country does not have the situation under control at all. That's just the reality of the situation as it exists today.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
This whole thing was a self inflicted gun shot wound...Sweden has shown everyone how to deal with this. You can't stop it, so let it run...it'll ramp up fast, then down, all we're doing now is living through this slow burn hell because politicians are selfish freaking idiots. With a 99.998% survival rate, the response has been absolutely atrocious, and the media stoking 24/7 fear coverage is disgusting. Of course some people will die, people die every day, best to be at peace with your maker and yourself and let the chips fall where they may. I saw a motoconcho yesterday splattered all over 27 Feb, it's pretty sad that he had to spend the last few months of his life locked up in his house scared to death of a virus that he probably would have caught and recovered from in 2 weeks.
Self impose your potential death sentence.

Spewing to everyone that they should follow suit because you say so is fairly irresponsible dont you think😚

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden carried out a record number of new coronavirus tests last week with only 1.2% coming back positive, the health agency said on Tuesday, the lowest rate since the pandemic began at a time when countries across Europe are seeing surges in infections.
1.2% in Sweden, amazing.

The DR has been consistently over 20% and always within 10% to 20% with very little testing and no tracing or tracking.

And people are disgusted with the curfew claiming its all BS. Unreal.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
How many nationwide curfews were in place while El Generalissimo was in control of the nation?
Was there ever a mask wearing policy, aside from costume parties, during the reign of El Benefactor?
Persons can rely on their numerical analysis and scientific data all they want.
I'm telling you what the average person is discussing in real time here within RD.
Funny, but I haven't heard one "average person" discussing any such thing! And yes, I do talk with Dominicans here in the DR.

user123

Aug 16, 2017
Self impose your potential death sentence.

Spewing to everyone that they should follow suit because you say so is fairly irresponsible dont you think😚
Oh please. If you think Covid is a potential death sentence nobody is forcing you to leave your house! If you're scared lock yourself in and stay in, problem solved. But don't force this Covid BS on everyone else and make everyone else live like a stupid sheep with half a brain.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Oh please. If you think Covid is a potential death sentence nobody is forcing you to leave your house! If you're scared lock yourself in and stay in, problem solved. But don't force this Covid BS on everyone else and make everyone else live like a stupid sheep with half a brain.
No, I said do as you see fit. Don't force your non science based BS on everyone else is what I said.

Almost 1 million deaths from Covid worldwide. I guess they all experienced their potentials huh🤣

Reactions: Andre14615

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Yesterday, what some claim is the worlds foremost expert on pandemics, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said that a vac75cine would likely be 70 to 75 percent effective.
Would that be good enough to lift the quarantine several years from now?

A .300 chance of still getting CV19 even after a vaccine is developed and widely available.

(In baseball, a .300 hitter is considering to be doing well, for vaccines, it pretty much sucks.)
Here you just get a second dose of the vaccine.70 plus 70 , gets us past 100 easy peasy. You covered.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
No, I said do as you see fit. Don't force your non science based BS on everyone else is what I said.

Almost 1 million deaths from Covid worldwide. I guess they all experienced their potentials huh🤣
Read that Canada had a fatality free day.

Reactions: ramesses