What will it take to end the curfew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Last year My GF put the tree up October!! I honesty thought two pages of the calendar stuck together.

My Mom here in Canada has always put up her tree on November 1st. Day after Halloween...I always hated that.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I suppose you have not lost anyone to Covid?
Better question, How many people do you know PERSONALLY who had Covid
and have YOU had Covid ?
Until you qualify yourself , your question is meaningless to those of US who have had it and went through it ..

Reactions: David B

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
What will it take to end the curfew and restrictions?
Lower stats which won't happen for awhile. Lower positivity rates, lower new case levels, lower deaths and looking at the graphs for the DR in all of the categories- not even close to being close.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Better question, How many people do you know PERSONALLY who had Covid
and have YOU had Covid ?
Until you qualify yourself , your question is meaningless to those of US who have had it and went through it ..

I have mentioned it before. I lost my brother's father in law to Covid. I lost a close family friend to Covid. Both confirmed it was Covid. Two of my friends from my old job had it, one is still dealing with the effects. I have been tested 3 times as I have been working with the public since the whole thing began. All three times were negative.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With a 2-5 year wait time, do we maintain a curfew in place for this length of time?
2-5 years?
That is the reality of what many would propose who suggest waiting for a working vaccine.
It took 8 years to eradicate polio from the "west".
Will the people of today wait for years?

rvancil

Feb 2, 2009
This whole thing was a self inflicted gun shot wound...Sweden has shown everyone how to deal with this. You can't stop it, so let it run...it'll ramp up fast, then down, all we're doing now is living through this slow burn hell because politicians are selfish freaking idiots. With a 99.998% survival rate, the response has been absolutely atrocious, and the media stoking 24/7 fear coverage is disgusting. Of course some people will die, people die every day, best to be at peace with your maker and yourself and let the chips fall where they may. I saw a motoconcho yesterday splattered all over 27 Feb, it's pretty sad that he had to spend the last few months of his life locked up in his house scared to death of a virus that he probably would have caught and recovered from in 2 weeks.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yesterday, what some claim is the worlds foremost expert on pandemics, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said that a vaccine would likely be 70 to 75 percent effective.
Would that be good enough to lift the quarantine several years from now?

A .300 chance of still getting CV19 even after a vaccine is developed and widely available.

(In baseball, a .300 hitter is considering to be doing well, for vaccines, it pretty much sucks.)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This whole thing was a self inflicted gun shot wound...Sweden has shown everyone how to deal with this. You can't stop it, so let it run...it'll ramp up fast, then down, all we're doing now is living through this slow burn hell because politicians are selfish freaking idiots. With a 99.998% survival rate, the response has been absolutely atrocious, and the media stoking 24/7 fear coverage is disgusting. Of course some people will die, people die every day, best to be at peace with your maker and yourself and let the chips fall where they may. I saw a motoconcho yesterday splattered all over 27 Feb, it's pretty sad that he had to spend the last few months of his life locked up in his house scared to death of a virus that he probably would have caught and recovered from in 2 weeks.
The concept that the area under the flattened curve remains the same.

rvancil

Feb 2, 2009
Don't hold your breath for an effective vaccine any time soon, this virus is mutating constantly as it spreads, the second it changes the vaccine that did work for it, no longer works. The flu vaccine that they've been working on for over 50 years is still barely better than statistically 0% effective, and along with that you have side effects which include some pretty nasty stuff.

Reactions: Caonabo

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I agree, although I dont like to give props to Sweden for anything. They are not caught up in the "mask" frenzy.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My reading tells me that a vaccine will be effective for about 30 days....
then it will have worn off

Not much good, huh ??

Status
Not open for further replies.