What will it take to end the curfew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
This country does not have the situation under control at all. That's just the reality of the situation as it exists today.

You have been repeating the same mnatra since March, every day for six months, but yet, have not left yourself.
We are all responsible for our actions, and decisions in life.
All of us, including you sir.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I personally know about a dozen people who have been diagnosed positive, 8 had no symptoms, the other 4 recovered like it was a standard cold. I also know 3 nurses who went for their test all together at a very well known hospital in the US, filled out the paperwork, waited in line for a hour, had to go back to their shift before actually taking the test. Well what do you know, all of them got notified of a positive test, they were livid and it sent the hospital into a tailspin including a whole CDC team coming out. Its all BS
Nurses story is a common internet hoax.
Nurses are well respected professionals in the health field who's time is seen as valuable and they never wait for anything . Nurses go to the front of the line.
Wow, sent the hospital into a tailspin you say?
And the CDC team too?
This somehow supports the hoax that the number of cases is much less than reported because the government is trying to control you?
I suspect the government gave up long ago trying to control you
As we see the now seemingly endless extensions of the curfew, we don't see any explanations as to what it would take to end those restrictions.

What will it take to end the curfew and restrictions?

I personally see this going on and on and on for at least a year if not longer. SOE after SOE.
A substantial reduction in the number of people testing pos.
Aggressive testing program so we know its on the up and up.
Lots of other countries have done it.
A year more is a very conservative estimate.
Be a year to get some vaccine out.
I am liking some of this to be permanent changes.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
X-mas season?
we already said this abour Holy Week/Raster Season, impossible to skip/keep people from celebrating.
the fact:
Easter 2020 never happened and even the churches stayed down quiet and life went on.
me personally, I am sure that the darn USA elections time will bring changes very soon forus, as much as i hate to depend on the northerners, as fact we do.
whom ever will win the clown show, he has to show his People there that he really does the best to bring their economy back on track, keep and add employment, bring money into his people's pockets to be spend on their economy, so Local and Intl Toursm will be part of such actions to reopen completely.
at the moment the Presi say's so(which ever Presi that may be), at that moment the People will visit Disney again, and teh Yellowstone, and Mexico and DR ....
such opening should have happened way earlier (IMHO, of course), but the big Day Nov 3rd is sure more importnt to every polititian there (as July 5th also was def more important HERE in DR) than waht's bets for any country's People.
towards the US elections we will sure see significant changes on the matter influencing our DR significantly, too, at least that's my personal Hope.

I am so happy that the Off Topic/US of A Politics sub forum has been erased.
We have truly progressed as a web forum community directed towards the RD, but unfortunately, some have not received the memo, and continue to hang on to it from the nanobes......albeit, in a passive/submissive manner.
Or is it different dtrokes, for different folks within?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Self impose your potential death sentence.

Spewing to everyone that they should follow suit because you say so is fairly irresponsible dont you think😚

1599952369393.png

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Funny, but I haven't heard one "average person" discussing any such thing! And yes, I do talk with Dominicans here in the DR.

Quite obviously, we travel in different circles.
We can't all be the same.
Enjoy your evening, as you so see fit.

Reactions: drstock

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
No, I said do as you see fit. Don't force your non science based BS on everyone else is what I said.

Almost 1 million deaths from Covid worldwide. I guess they all experienced their potentials huh🤣

How many 'people contract veneral diseases but prefer to play the horizontal mambo without mitts?
Science? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Big and jd426

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Nurses story is a common internet hoax.
Nurses are well respected professionals in the health field who's time is seen as valuable and they never wait for anything . Nurses go to the front of the line.
Wow, sent the hospital into a tailspin you say?
And the CDC team too?
This somehow supports the hoax that the number of cases is much less than reported because the government is trying to control you?
I suspect the government gave up long ago trying to control you

A substantial reduction in the number of people testing pos.
Aggressive testing program so we know its on the up and up.
Lots of other countries have done it.
A year more is a very conservative estimate.
Be a year to get some vaccine out.
I am liking some of this to be permanent changes.

Are you an RD citizen?
Do you reside here?
Are you currently here within?
Sir?

Reactions: jd426

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I grew up Catholic. Nothing, I mean nothing went up before the 1st week of Advent. I think it was a mortal sin or something.
Growing up Catholic, I feel your grief.
Product of the nuns with a two year sentence to Christian Brothers run boarding school.
Best part was three Hail Marys erased most sins and you are off again all over.
Little soap and hot water and its good to go all over again?
Is that a great system of what?

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
From what I hear reported to me... I am out of country....until next week

Apart from - outside the tourist zones - life is thriving.
Business done before curfew, people active.... and home at nights.

And we seem to see the virus rate dropping slightly..

Don't argue with it......

Lyrics from Jim Croce

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim

or Abinader.... for that matter
Jarabacoa is very busy, all businesses. Lots of construction as well. Internal tourists also.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Read the Telegraph in London Eng
UK has the AstraZeneca drug...Oxford Univ as I recall

Only rum in the library.... doctored rum... read my RUM thread
Shipwreck, the new mixer

If I can download it to the big screen, I will.
Sitting in the pool right now, and don't want to change the site from DR1 on the Big Screen.
The girls are getting a kick out of it. Last weekend for my friends from Montreal.
They are heading up country soon to visit some friends in Gaspar Hernandez.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
On one side they're trying to revive tourism and on the other they're imposing crazy curfew hours. What confidence does it give to potential visitors? Even if they're interested in visiting AI when they find out the whole country goes into look-down at 5 pm it gives perception that the country does not have the situation under control at all.
And that is absolutely correct the country does not have the CV19 under anything like control.
It aint no easy thang.
You are on your own with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.