What would be your last restaurant up north?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Now that my final date is set, I want to know what would be your last restaurants to go to up north?
One of my last will be Gordito's Fresh Mex for awesome burritos but what would be nice scenic restaurants? Is there any place that would make it worth before I go?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Morua Mai , IMHO........................

Last edited by a moderator:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Any opinion on otro cosas and the beach club for very light lunch or dinner for photo ops?
Tripadvisor says they have great views?

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Ostro Cosas' in Caberete is nice, but very expenssive. For view and nice lunch you may want to try Chez Arcino. (sp) Just a thought.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Are you kidding me? Get back up north and feast! Dim Sum for breakfast, maybe some BBQ pork and wonton noodle soup for lunch. How about a BIG ASS RIB EYE for dinner, washed down with a decent California vino. As opposed to a what? Going to the best offering here......haha.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
My first thought when I saw the title of the thread was:

r62odUd-0.jpg

Then I saw that it's for a proper send off for Koreano. I don't have any opinions on North Coast restaurants since I've spent less than a week on the North Coast in my almost fifteen years living in the Dee Ah.

I will say this: find a good one, Koreano. You're a great DR resident, American and Korean.

For all your thoughtful and informative posts 고맙습니다

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Carpe Diem, in Sosua: fancy French. Well worth it. Morua Mai. The new paella palace. Osteria Toscana. Ottimo. El Conde. I live here. These are my go-to's.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Maraja in Cabarete. On the beach alongside Wyndham Tangerine. Nice atmosphere, good food, and great view of Cabarete Bay day or night. Seating available inside or outside.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Maraja in Cabarete. On the beach alongside Wyndham Tangerine. Nice atmosphere, good food, and great view of Cabarete Bay day or night. Seating available inside or outside.

Maraja has been closed for several months, it is now called Beachside or something like that, owned or run by the people from Pizza and Spaghetti House.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Maraja has been closed for several months, it is now called Beachside or something like that, owned or run by the people from Pizza and Spaghetti House.

That's too bad. Had many good dinners there. Any idea how it is under the new owners?

I agree, the restaurant at Valero Beach Resort is very good with a great view of Cabarete Bay.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
That's too bad. Had many good dinners there. Any idea how it is under the new owners?

I agree, the restaurant at Valero Beach Resort is very good with a great view of Cabarete Bay.

I haven't tried it yet, but Pizza and Spaghetti House is excellent so if it's the same food with a great location and view, should be a winner!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Now that my final date is set, I want to know what would be your last restaurants to go to up north?
One of my last will be Gordito's Fresh Mex for awesome burritos but what would be nice scenic restaurants? Is there any place that would make it worth before I go?

Save your money for North Jersey. Much more authentic Mexican there.

Status
Not open for further replies.