What would happen to the DR if?

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
Uhm, well.. wouldn't we first of all need to know the number of Haitian people working here to compare that to the number of Dominican people who are not working?

If it really was possible to make The Dominican Republic Haitian free, wouldn't the government make sure or at least try to inform all the Dominican people that their country needs them and they should work and replace the jobs of the Haitian people.

I mean, depending on the difference of these numbers.. it should be possible to replace all the workers right!?!?

Then on top of that, I also don't know the numbers of the benefits and costs of having Haitian people in here. Like are they worth more for the economy or not, I mean.. if they do generate money and spend it here more than the government actually loses on them. I think for them being out of the country, a lot of income will vanish!

So basically it's all about:

1. Is it possible to replace them with your own people in the marketplace.
2. Do they generate and spend more money than they cost money.

And yeah, shoot me if I'm not right.. cos honestly this is above me. I just think that at the end of the day it's all about the money! So get these numbers right and your answer is there.

Mar 1, 2009
What would happen if all the Haitians were EXPORTED? I think Haitians are human beings Frank Rectenwald, they can be, DEPORTED. HAhahahaha.... I understood what you meant and I'm just yanking your chain :)
If they were all deported, Dominican's would have to get to work. ALLOTA WORK. It would be helpful in the long run. At first all the cheap labor would be gone and all you foreigners who have been dumping on Dominican's for asking the real price would have to pay UP! No more cheapo lowballing of the price. Just cuz Dominican's don't want to get screwed and work for pennies and ask for what is right don't mean complaining.
Somebody mentioned not taking so many "breaks". WHAT? You don't like people taking breaks? You freaking SLAVEDRIVER.
And also here we go again with the ragging on Dominican's cuz of the whole black thang. Dominican's in general are not racist or have a problem with race.
Individuals, in the DR might have a problem, but not the general populace which is full of diversity. If many Dominican's claim they have Spanish blood, it's because...pay attention.... THEY DO.

Amelia Vega
Danilo Medina
Manuel Diez Cabral
Hippolito Mejia
El vice Albuquerque
Juan Cohen
Sarah Pepen
Roberto Salcedo
My grandma's, Dona Consuelo Diaz and Dona Tatica, may she RIP.

They are ALL Dominican's with european, i.e. SPANISH, MUTHEREFFEN blood. So are their Dominican's who are black with spanish blood? YESsssssssssss. Are there Dominican's who are white with African blood? Yesssssssss.
Balaguer, ay Dios mio.... was one of them.
He was related to Lili's, also known as Ullyses Hereaux, a Dominican of Haitian descent. OMG!

We got the African blood and we love it, trust me, I'm black where it counts :) DIANTRE!!!!!
My friend Peter is white and his wife is black, no problem mon.... Growing up in Newark and travelling to, El Bronx, alla por Qweenz y Manhattan all my buddies were intergrated Boricua's and Domo's, Domo's and Boricua's, Boricua's and African American brothers and Dominicanos with the sister's. That was then, back in the day. It's never really been about race, y'know. More about las costumbres and CRiss te deberia dar verguenza. You know THIS.
Much better than anyone.
All of you, Stop your covert mudslinging. If Haitians left, we would pick up the slack just fine. There ain't a monoply on hard working peeps. ENOUGH with the Hatin... BASTA with the perpetratin and triflin nonsense. What, you got some type of Agenda? I know I do.

I'm out, all ya pigs can keep dancing in the mud.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
yeah, but Lando, that would make you a DomYork, no? attitudes are different in the folks who grew up here on the isla... pelo malo and all that stuff

even my very dark trabajadora from Barahona vehemently asserts that she is NOT Negra but INDIA and Espanola

Trujillo altered the books.. those who were educated here under Trujillo were taught that they were Spanish and Indian.. Haitians were from Africa.

We all learned a lot of disinformation in school.......

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
LOOK!!! If it was a easier route to Puerto Rico for Haitians they would NEVER step foot in the DR. Haitians do not choose DR because they like looking at STUCK UP ASS Dominicans or like sipping on Brugal and 911. They have no choice because if they did Puerto Rico would be the 1st choice.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
LOOK!!! If it was a easier route to Puerto Rico for Haitians they would NEVER step foot in the DR. Haitians do not choose DR because they like looking at STUCK UP ASS Dominicans or like sipping on Brugal and 911. They have no choice because if they did Puerto Rico would be the 1st choice.

That would be something Dominicans and Haitians fighting over who will get a space in a yola. lol

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
That would be something Dominicans and Haitians fighting over who will get a space in a yola. lol

That will eventually happen as the politicos and narcos get to lead the country further down the drain and the living conditions here start to mirror the ones seen on the western part of the island. :disappoin

Last edited:

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010

Okay, now we know why Haitians step foot on this side of the Island, I mean, your point of view is as good an explanation as any; now what's your excuse for coming here?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Okay, now we know why Haitians step foot on this side of the Island, I mean, your point of view is as good an explanation as any; now what's your excuse for coming here?
Because I am tired of being African American and PRican , so I am trying to learn how to be Dominican. You know how Mexicans, Colombians, Ticos, Panamanians, PRicans all want to be Dominican deep down inside. You guys put the "La" in latinos you know. If you can give me any pointers on helping me transition to becoming Dominican it would mean a lot to me.

BTW Brugal and 911 is not my choice of drink, do you think I can get a " Incredible Hulk" on a regular basis in DR that is my drink followed by "Cuba libre"

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Because I am tired of being African American and PRican , so I am trying to learn how to be Dominican. You know how Mexicans, Colombians, Ticos, Panamanians, PRicans all want to be Dominican deep down inside. You guys put the "La" in latinos you know. If you can give me any pointers on helping me transition to becoming Dominican it would mean a lot to me.

BTW Brugal and 911 is not my choice of drink, do you think I can get a " Incredible Hulk" on a regular basis in DR that is my drink followed by "Cuba libre"

It seems as though you have many issues to work out "my man". Either that, or you've not mastered the art of sarcasm yet.

In another post quoted below (I'm paraphrasing here) you mention that not even Haitians would step foot in DR, and no one wants to look at "STUCK UP ASS Dominicanas"

Now in this post you want tips from us because, as per your words, you travel to the Island because "everyone wants to be like us", and..........and, we put "La" in Latinos? Please, do us all a favor, and gather your thoughts before you answer someone because your not coming off lucidly.

To be frank, it takes a seasoned and cultivated mind to achieve sarcasm, you've yet a bit to go to pull it off. Please do have a great "Semana Santa" weekend though.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
It seems as though you have many issues to work out "my man". Either that, or you've not mastered the art of sarcasm yet.

In another post quoted below (I'm paraphrasing here) you mention that not even Haitians would step foot in DR, and no one wants to look at "STUCK UP ASS Dominicanas"

Now in this post you want tips from us because, as per your words, you travel to the Island because "everyone wants to be like us", and..........and, we put "La" in Latinos? Please, do us all a favor, and gather your thoughts before you answer someone because your not coming off lucidly.

To be frank, it takes a seasoned and cultivated mind to achieve sarcasm, you've yet a bit to go to pull it off. Please do have a great "Semana Santa" weekend though.

No sarcasm here BUDDY you Dominicans are the SH*T and I want to be down as for "Semana Santa" IGUAL!!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Ah yes............there's nothing more humorous than the tears of a clown.

I just told you I love Dominicans and want to become one unlike Haitians I know who think Dominicans are LOUSY and CRUMMY, but me I think you guys are SWELL. Are you going to help me become Dominican or not if not I can find someone on El Conde that would be glad to help me. Thanks for nothing Taino000

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I just told you I love Dominicans and want to become one unlike Haitians I know who think Dominicans are LOUSY and CRUMMY, but me I think you guys are SWELL. Are you going to help me become Dominican or not if not I can find someone on El Conde that would be glad to help me. Thanks for nothing Taino000

Sorry "buddy" can't help you with this, for the only way you could ever become a full fledge Dominican is by either being born on the Island (as I was), or by joining the very secretive and influential fraternity of.............Oops I almost gave it away.

Anyhow, all you need to know is that this fraternity was put in place by the most prominent of Dominicans with the sole purpose of denying, refuting, debating and when everything else fails, blaming the Haitians for everything wrong in the DR.

Basically any and all negative information about the Dominican Republic on DR1 has to be confronted by members of said fraternity. As you can see, it's a very tough and time consuming job, because after all, there are a lot of poster (you included) on this board giving out bogus info about the DR.

If your still interested in becoming a full Fledge Dominican, I could put in a word on your behalf, be advised though the pledge requires you to take it up the a$$ by a "bugaron". Why such a harsh pledge you might ask, well it turns out this devilish and cruel fraternity wants only but the most dedicated people to be part of this special group, after all, defending the DR is a full time job.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
If your still interested in becoming a full Fledge Dominican, I could put in a word on your behalf, be advised though the pledge requires you to take it up the a$$ by a "bugaron". Why such a harsh pledge you might ask, well it turns out this devilish and cruel fraternity wants only but the most dedicated people to be part of this special group, after all, defending the DR is a full time job.

Damn, hope you all don't go through that little ritual!

Special, indeed!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Why so nasty? However, I will admit that there are people who do blame all evil on the island to Haitians....seen it several times. And if they can't lay it at the feet of Haitians, then gringos (US variety) are the next best whipping boy.

Now, where is this thread going?????????????????????????????

HB

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Why so nasty? However, I will admit that there are people who do blame all evil on the island to Haitians....seen it several times. And if they can't lay it at the feet of Haitians, then gringos (US variety) are the next best whipping boy.

Now, where is this thread going?????????????????????????????

HB

What are you talking about HB? Don't have a cow man! My post is nothing more than a total exaggeration. A fictional rendition of what it would take for JMB773 to become a Dominican, nothing more.

Now if your so willing to admit that some Dominicans "blame all evil", as you put it, on Haitians; maybe now you would also be willing to admit that more than a few posters on here (US variety) wish the DR nothing but the worse. As a matter of fact, most on this forum wish the DR had a total economic collapse in the hopes that maybe then they could stretch their retirement check just enough to be able to afford the luxuries most upper-class Dominicans flaunt on this Island.

As far as where is this thread going? Well I'll allow those much more knowledgable than both you and me on Haitian Dominican affairs (Frank Recktenwald) to drive the thread back on track. How is that?