Whatever Happened To These DR1ers??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
A few years ago, someone reported Yanandu aka Pi2 aka Yapaski had passed away. Hope he is RIP, and enjoying an after-life that is truly off the grid.

yes, he died of cancer. i hope there are solar ovens in heaven.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
So if they don't post any more on DR-1, why are you looking for them on DR-1?

Just askin.

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
People come and go from DR1 all the time. There was a rift following the Sosua 'kidnapping' years ago, and we lost some regulars, a few are named in this thread. Others go on spurts of posting and then wander off and come back months later.

At any given time there are many hundreds of people reading DR1 who are not signed in. Some like to just read and not post.

Like me

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I don't post often but I read DR1 daily.
There is a thread with a list of members. I don't remember half of the names. When I see the names I wonder what happened to them. Laura.... something or rather.. comes to mind. I don't remember her user name for DR1. She owned the circus company. I wonder is she is still running the circus or if she left the DR.? I thought she was an interesting and successful business woman.
We have had some interesting posters and some not so interesting but entertaining.
Oh My! I just checked and I have almost 1500 posts. I think it took me 10 years to get to number 500.

Last edited:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
There is a thread with a list of members. I don't remember half of the names. When I see the names I wonder what happened to them. Laura.... something or rather.. comes to mind. I don't remember her user name for DR1. She owned the circus company. I wonder is she is still running the circus or if she left the DR.? I thought she was an interesting and successful business woman.
We have had some interesting posters and some not so interesting but entertaining.
Oh My! I just checked and I have almost 1500 posts. I think it took me 10 years to get to number 500.

I think it was Laurajane!

Fireguy - Dartmouth, NS

Passed away after heart surgery! RIP amigo!

Trina- is still in Calgary.

Captain2002- Oakville, Ontario posts here occasionally

Hifiman - Orangeville, Ontario still there

Ricktoronto- live in Punta Cana

d3ratch - Chelsea, Quebec passed away in 2013

MaineGirl still in Maine

Rellosk - NJ. Resides in Puerto Plata area

La Reyna - Switzerland operates a jewelry store in Punta Cana

el jefe – Colorado passed away

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

Laura Jane is back in England with her three children. Her ex husband still runs the circus.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
another relationship that bit the dust. eh. seemed like a prospering business thou. i believe they were providing entertainment for various hotels.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Who remembers Scaramooch?

How 'bout TonyC? He's the cubanito who was an expert at everything. And I MEAN EVERYTHING!
But not nearly as bad as zanyduderanch.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I haven't heard XO in a while....

Was he banned or something ?

Banned. Too bad, for he's informative and extremely well-read. Must've upset the Tea Party members and some "Har-barbacoa-e?os" and NY Post readers. Or maybe he posted some disparaging comments about FAUX News and/or Rush Limpballs.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Laura Jane is back in England with her three children. Her ex husband still runs the circus.

Matilda

Thanks Matilda. I wasn't aware she got divorced.
Thank you dv8 for posting the link with the members list. You are correct lots of them do not post anymore. Funny thin is that my name is not on the list. I guess I never added my name to it.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks Matilda. I wasn't aware she got divorced.
Thank you dv8 for posting the link with the members list. You are correct lots of them do not post anymore. Funny thin is that my name is not on the list. I guess I never added my name to it.

I don't think she is divorced, just no longer with him - hence ex.

Matilda