Whatever Happened To These DR1ers??

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Does Bronx Boy ever talk to anyone, a nice chap.
GaryExpat and myself met up with him here in Santiago a few years ago for drinks and a good laugh. Stand up guy.
We met up with HillBilly one afternoon at a colmado here in Santiago as well. That fella is rock solid and has an encyclopedia's worth of valuable information worth learning about when it comes to the DR. It's my understand DV8 got tired of herding feral cats and moved on.
I guess Aarhus took off to Denmark a few months ago and hasn't posted since.

I know both sides took a few casualties during the (now closed) USA politics thread a few years ago. I've no idea if CobraBoy, GreyDread, or Derfish made that list? I think Gorgon (who I've also met person) did but not 100% sure.

If some one would have told me 25 years ago one day I'd be meeting, chatting, communicating, debating or having disagreements with people from all over the world on a hand held computer/ telephone while sipping on an ice cold beer while sitting on a park bench... I told them they were nuts. Damn I feel old some days.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I also miss Bronxboy, we joined around same time, we’re both from NYC and we became moderators the same day.

The Off Topic Forum caused an awful lot of problems for otherwise good DR1ers. Too controversial. Cobraboy is still in touch with me regularly, several times a week, he is fine. Derfish I worry about, because he had some health issues, he was buddies with the gorgon, maybe someone can ask him if he knows anything.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I also miss Bronxboy, we joined around same time, we’re both from NYC and we became moderators the same day.

The Off Topic Forum caused an awful lot of problems for otherwise good DR1ers. Too controversial. Cobraboy is still in touch with me regularly, several times a week, he is fine. Derfish I worry about, because he had some health issues, he was buddies with the gorgon, maybe someone can ask him if he knows anything.
Derfish was 80 years old 13 years ago!

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
GaryExpat and myself met up with him here in Santiago a few years ago for drinks and a good laugh. Stand up guy.
We met up with HillBilly one afternoon at a colmado here in Santiago as well. That fella is rock solid and has an encyclopedia's worth of valuable information worth learning about when it comes to the DR. It's my understand DV8 got tired of herding feral cats and moved on.
I guess Aarhus took off to Denmark a few months ago and hasn't posted since.

I know both sides took a few casualties during the (now closed) USA politics thread a few years ago. I've no idea if CobraBoy, GreyDread, or Derfish made that list? I think Gorgon (who I've also met person) did but not 100% sure.

If some one would have told me 25 years ago one day I'd be meeting, chatting, communicating, debating or having disagreements with people from all over the world on a hand held computer/ telephone while sipping on an ice cold beer while sitting on a park bench... I told them they were nuts. Damn I feel old some days.
The bright lawyer from Atlanta I think DRob. He only posted in the US politics. He was not easy on you if you didn't come fully prepared!

• Haha

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Is Mike Fisher still around? He was our oracle on hurricanes, it will be a big miss if he isn't around.

Reactions: Auryn

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Is Mike Fisher still around? He was our oracle on hurricanes, it will be a big miss if he isn't around.

I think Mike is waiting on the sidelines for the next storm to come our way.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I agree. I can't imagine how much of a headache OT had to be while it was around. I know I seldom followed what was going on there simply because it turned into a free-for-all.
I sure don't miss it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was thinking about the FisherMan last night... and the weather - the lack of it !

For all the weather turmoil in the world today - ill winds are not blowing our way --- Yet, perhaps!!

Fingers crossed

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Talking about old DR1'ers and the weather makes me think of the original Weather Girl. Who remembers her? She seems to be alive and well, and telling everyone what to do on another forum. Like every single post that anyone makes on that forum she responds to with her advice.

I really miss DV8 too is she still in DR?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I was thinking about the FisherMan last night... and the weather - the lack of it !

For all the weather turmoil in the world today - ill winds are not blowing our way --- Yet, perhaps!!

Fingers crossed

Please don't tempt fate Windy (although in truth I was also thinking exactly the same thing). I hate hate hate hurricane season, always petrifies me.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Talking about old DR1'ers and the weather makes me think of the original Weather Girl. Who remembers her? She seems to be alive and well, and telling everyone what to do on another forum. Like every single post that anyone makes on that forum she responds to with her advice.

I really miss DV8 too is she still in DR?
She was married to a Dominican.....in Pto Plata I think....can't say about now