whats going on in La Ciénaga today???

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They are saying they want the houses "this side of the canal" protected from being demolished but I wouldn't be surprised if they have diverted the canal to give them land to build on. That's exactly what they did at Barrio Blanco, where over the years I have seen the canal there moving and the houses getting closer to mine, which is on the other side of the lagoon.
Did you see many trucks filling in the wetlands in that area?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, a few, but the previous junta also actually diverted the canal.
What a surprise that the previous mayor was as corrupt as the one before her.
(Don't forget the selling of asphalt as well.)

One of the videos about La Cienaga had a person complaining that all of the trucks of fill they purchased so they could build on the wetlands was for naught.

Reactions: drstock

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What a surprise that the previous mayor was as corrupt as the one before her.
(Don't forget the selling of asphalt as well.)

One of the videos about La Cienaga had a person complaining that all of the trucks of fill they purchased so they could build on the wetlands was for naught.
Hard to believe a squatter would have money to spend on filling in wetlands. Just sayin'

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hard to believe a squatter would have money to spend on filling in wetlands. Just sayin'
They were complaining about that cash lost in filling the swamp.

Now, what is the exact path of that new Cabarete Bypass? The plans of yesteryear had it going directly through what is now the center of La Cienega.

I have asked where does that new road go...