What's next for the PLD and will Abinader abuse his power now?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have spent the majority of 30 years living in the DR. I remember driving around with
a suitcase on the hood of my camioneta when Hippo lost. My opinion is Luis is the
most honest and man of his word President I have ever witnessed In the DR. He will not
seek another term in office. His fight against corruption is sincere and includes his own
party. An independent attorney general he has supported 100%. He is a straight shooting
honest captain trying to navigate a ship of crooks ( DR political system.). He has made
much progress but is swimming upstream. A very difficult task. I believe history will
look very favorably upon him as the greatest President of the modern era. .

100% agree. There has been no other president who has done so much. I am looking forward to the next 4 years.

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
I think this thread has produced some interesting comments, and after reading NALs above comment, I thought to myself, "...I wonder, exactly what type of government leader would be best for the DR?...".

I think this comes from my holding to the view of vision being so necessary for avoiding chaos... And this applies even to our thoughts of what a nation's leader should be.

Although it can certainly be good to have different views brought to the meeting table... In the end, what is desired is one view coming out of the meeting.

Is Abinader a close-to-perfect example of what the DR's leader should be?

Can the citizens of the DR put to bed contrary thoughts regarding Abinader's leadership and start working alongside him, with their motivation towards the future being one with his view?