What's the Difference between Americans and Dominicans?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Alex, I finally got a chance to watch it. Overall great job. I loved the Airplane sequence, but that's one of my fav movies of all time. You could probably take each of those parts of the vid and make a separate vid on it.

Also, "gluten free cat food" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 😂:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: A.P.Colorado

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Overall, fine job.
Nice work of scripting, filming, and editing between your first posting of 21 November and your release date. You certainly have a bright future in front of you.
Now, only if you did not insult an entire web forum community in your posting #62, but hey, even Michael Moore has a following.
Keep up the good work, and try not to be so sensitive to constructive criticism next time.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I am writing a script on the cultural differences between Dominicans and Americans. What are some of the big differences that you have noticed?

So far I am notating that:
* Americans are more polite (like always saying "please, thank you, may I, etc.) Dominicans are more outgoing
* Americans always plan, Dominicans live in the present
* There's more socializing in Dominican communities
* Dominicans are more straight forward, Americans tend to us euphemisms a lot more (especially for sex and dating)
* Dominicans tend to be more traditional Catholics in that they don't like relics or images of non Christian religions. America is becoming more secular.
* Family is much more important to Dominicans
* Americans care more about careers and wealth, whereas Dominicans care more about relationships and family
* Americans rely on the internet way more than Dominicans

Any other major differences that I forgot? Any points that I got completley wrong? Thanks in Advance.
Big difference between a country the size of Ohio or North Carolina and one (USA) quasi engaged in either maintaining global dominance or selling out to the globalist cabal. Good thing DR did not pay debts to USA, no Debts, no Marines, no learn Beisbol. There is only 3 quasi mass immigrant countries in the Americas, USA, Mexico and Brazil. 2 of the 3 are no longer the case and 1 is.

Reactions: aarhus

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I am one of the older ones who did not see the merit of the question of ''what are the differences between Dominicans and Americans''.
I found the questions exceedingly subjective and most difficult to answer.
Notwithstanding that, I actually found your work quite interesting and educational.
Good job, well presented and accurate. Not sure how you did it, but you managed to turn this old curmudgeon around.
Now I challenge you to consider the differences between ''Americans and Canadians'' using the same cultural and economic criteria. But keep in mind like America we have extremes in Culture.
Bravo Zulu

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am one of the older ones who did not see the merit of the question of ''what are the differences between Dominicans and Americans''.
I found the questions exceedingly subjective and most difficult to answer.
Notwithstanding that, I actually found your work quite interesting and educational.
Good job, well presented and accurate. Not sure how you did it, but you managed to turn this old curmudgeon around.
Now I challenge you to consider the differences between ''Americans and Canadians'' using the same cultural and economic criteria. But keep in mind like America we have extremes in Culture.
Bravo Zulu
Come on , Cajuns and Newfies are exactly the same.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Come on , Cajuns and Newfies are exactly the same.
Well Bob in my case that is quite true.
My Grandparents from west Coast of Newfoundland are either full blood aboriginals or at least Metis',
The Acadian (cajun) culture is alive and quite well in Newfoundland, flying their distinct tri color flag.
The same in Nova Scotia.
WE have found many distant cousins at the 400 year Rendezvous ,,,,, so NS/NL/Cajun much the same.
To do an objective study similar to this DR study one would have to eliminate the Acadian/metis/ Cajun cultures.

Had I not been on this most esteemed dr1 site and saw this video I would have been quite impressed....

A.P.Colorado

Sep 1, 2020
prospective expat
Bravo Zulu
Easy. Canadians pronounce "process" like it's spelled; Americans pronounce it "prah-sis."
Jokes a side, that is a future ambition. I want to zig zag across the US Canadian boundary and make videoes on the different places I visit.

This guy beat me to doing an overall comparison.