Whats the job market on secretaries?

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
My novia just finished computer school and will have her diploma within a few weeks. How is the market and does anyone know of jobs?
I understand entry level is about 6,000 pesos.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Jimmydr said:
My novia just finished computer school and will have her diploma within a few weeks. How is the market and does anyone know of jobs?

How good is her English?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
We urgently need one but fluent English, also in writing, is a must.
We would also pay more than 6 K.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mido, if you are based in SD, please PM me.

A former colleague is seeking secretarial work and has a very good level of English, as well as basic French.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Jimmydr said:
I am out of "the market", but from what I hear the job market is depressed.

When I was last hiring a bilingual secretary would make at least twice as a regular secretary. Also please know that you have to actually study to be a secretary, knowing how to type is not enough (at least it wasn't for me). RD$6000.00 seems more than OK for somebody with no experience. Good luck to your girlfriend.

choosingone

Mar 25, 2005
Chirimoya said:
Mido, if you are based in SD, please PM me.

A former colleague is seeking secretarial work and has a very good level of English, as well as basic French.

Hi ,

Maybe , I can have the job , I am french , speak fluent english , I lived 4 years in USA ( Florida ) .
Contact me soon as you can to get more details about my skills , been working in the finance buisness ( french stockmarket on the Matif ) .

Laurent .
Email : choosingones@yahoo.com

scid

Jul 21, 2004
Secretary

I am English and spent 20 years in the investment banking industry in New York as an Executive Secretary. I have been living in Costambar for the past 6 months and am presently working in real estate. I am looking for something more lucrative. Where are you based?