What's your favorite Tea?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
So, I'm thinking about taking a break from coffee for a few weeks.

Do any of you have a favorite you recommend?

A friend gave me a nice tin box of Yorkshire Tea and that got me to thinking. (amazing but true!)

Reactions: aarhus

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Black tea: imported teas available in supermarkets: Lipton "Yellow label".

Black teas in general: Darjeeling First Flush.

Best google for a short primer on teas (regions and harvest times and their quality) sorts, preparation.

Very important: steeping time.
For black tea I let the tea steep for 2 minutes and 30 sec. After 3 minutes tanic acid is dissolved.
Green teas can be steepd up to 3 times, the best is the 2nd. 1st: 2 min 30 sec, 2nd steep 5 min.

Alexander

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Bigelow ConstantComment is a great spicy tea, the clove accents really give it a great taste.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Turkish preferably in Izmir or Bodrum.
Servered hot with one or two cubes of sugar.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008

A friend gave me a nice tin box of Yorkshire Tea and that got me to thinking. (amazing but true!)
That is a tough change but a good idea. But if it is about the stomach some teas can be strong too.

Reactions: CristoRey

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
  • Twinings Earl Grey Individually Wrapped Tea Bags - Caffeinated Black Tea With Citrus and Bergamot Flavour 🇬🇧...Available in the DR ....with Walker's Scottish Pure Butter Shortbread Fingers or Assorted🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 ......🤤😋☕️
and or
  • Taylors of Harrogate English Breakfast Tea - from Amazon....with toast and jam..☕️😋

• Love
Reactions: Ecoman1949

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
And ...if you are bloated/constipated ....Evergreen Brand California Dieter's Drink Extra Strength Tea....and stay home 😬😬😖....it will clear you out.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

That's pretty funny.
Just two days ago I decided to take a break from my morning tea and went back to coffee.
My choice in teas and coffees are pretty pedestrian.
Nescafe Rich instant coffee, black, one tsp honey. (Taking a break from my half and half too.)
Lipton Green Tea, one tsp honey.
Now excuse me while I go deal with my charred and steamed red pepper. (nothing pedestrian about that..;) )

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
  • Twinings Earl Grey Individually Wrapped Tea Bags - Caffeinated Black Tea With Citrus and Bergamot Flavour 🇬🇧...Available in the DR ....with Walker's Scottish Pure Butter Shortbread Fingers or Assorted🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 ......🤤😋☕️
and or
  • Taylors of Harrogate English Breakfast Tea - from Amazon....with toast and jam..☕️😋
Been drinking Earl Grey and Earl Grey with vanilla for years. I drink Earl Grey decaffeinated before bedtime and treat myself to one large ginger snap. The tea settles my mind and the ginger settles my stomach. I get a solid 7 hours sleep after that.

Reactions: JD Jones

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I have Moringa Tea every morning. Although the flavor is not fantastic, the health benefits are well worth it. My other favorite tea is ginger, honey and lime. Although this is generally used for the flu, it just tastes so good!!!

Reactions: aarhus

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I have Moringa Tea every morning. Although the flavor is not fantastic, the health benefits are well worth it. My other favorite tea is ginger, honey and lime. Although this is generally used for the flu, it just tastes so good!!!
I drank it for a few months, but just couldn't get over the taste.

Reactions: tee

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I like Earl Grey.

If you an find it, the best tea in the world comes from Nuwara Eliya in Sri Lanka. The champagne of teas.

My second wife's father used to own three tea plantations in that region.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
That's pretty funny.
Just two days ago I decided to take a break from my morning tea and went back to coffee.
My choice in teas and coffees are pretty pedestrian.
Nescafe Rich instant coffee, black, one tsp honey. (Taking a break from my half and half too.)
Lipton Green Tea, one tsp honey.
Now excuse me while I go deal with my charred and steamed red pepper. (nothing pedestrian about that..;) )

It used to be I wouldn't drink Nescafe even if it was the last cup of coffee on earth.

These days, whenever I see a Nescafe Coffee dispenser in a Supermarket or cafe, I'll always order one of their cappuccinos.