Whatsapp is private

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Whatsapp-Google-Play-e1627305071998.png

Just so you know: Any private form of communication cannot be made public. A flurry over a private internet exchange involving prominent psychologist Ana Simó and her colleagues has caused several lawyers to look into the Whatsapp issue.

According to the Dominican Constitution, privacy is a right, and without the consent of the parties involved, any private conversation, may not be made public. Nowadays private conversations include Whatsapp, Tweeter and other electronic media.

The penalties, under Article 377 of the Penal Code can be up to a year in prison and fines of up to RD$50,000. Such violations of privacy are considered to be attempted violations of the right to privacy under Article 44 of the Constitution.

Read more in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If this somehow comes back to Danilo's General in charge of security who told the star witness against him to erase all of their whatsapp messages I'm not going to be surprised.

Reactions: windeguy

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What's DR1's position on the content that is exchanged by two parties using PM messages?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What's DR1's position on the content that is exchanged by two parties using PM messages?
Many years ago Robert told me he could not see PM messages between two members. That's the extent of my knowledge.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... didn't Robert once (or more) admit to being able to sign on as another member?
This was when a member was having a problem and Robert I believe stated that he had no problem signed on as that person.

As such he would theoretically be one of the participants?

Being the programmer of the system, there are special options.

Reactions: Luperon and jd426