When does a woman transition from se?orita to se?ora?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
It is not as complicated as it need be,

Se?orita = Miss
Se?ora = Mrs

Mi Amigita = insuperior employed yet undatedable but very cute Miss, or a waitress etc.
Mi Amiga = friends slightly dumb girlfriend! fuk buddy, maid, female boss that doesn't deserve superiority.
Mi Amor = the maid, friendly down to earth lower to no class regular acquaintance, shop assistant etc.
Mami = girlfriend, wife, fuk buddy etc.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Marido y mujer. No "marida".

I think marido is more formal than esposo. They seem to call him "marido" when they are legally married.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Reminds me somehow of a trip that I covered after a storm, Noel, I think it was.. Went with volunteers up to a settlement of mud and wattle houses by the side of a river to bring supplies // mattressess etc.. And the great grandmother of the settlement.. being trailed all day by her brood, was wearing a tee shirt that read "Try a Virgin"

I just call everyone older than me "Dona"

I think it has a lovely sound to it.. and like AE.. There are a lot of them that I am sure have NEVER been called that.. and it breings a smile to their faces.... just as it does to mine!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
When my mom visited last year everyone called her Dona. I was told it was that way with older ladies. At 84 you earn a few new titles

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Since my wife and i are in our fifties, i can answer this question with the utmoste certainty. In the DR a good manners and decency demand that you call a woman Senora after her 6th facial wrinkle, a man is always usted after the the 4th new knotch hole on his leather belt.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I use Don~a for any female older than me (like 90 % of them). Dont speak to the 10 % that are younger cos my wife might start ww3.
I used to use morena for haitian ladys ( until I understood the meaning of it).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I said Senorita, once..... she thanked me for it as she gave me my change.

I guess she wasn't -- or had been -- or wanted to be--- or who knows ???

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks folks. All interesting responses, as I have come to expect from dr1. I hadn't considered the possibility of flirting. Says more about me than it does about her.