When is self-defense called murder?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is easy to sit in the comfort of your home of office and type on a forum what should be done or not done. When it hits you it is a lot different. I just hope it does not happen to Mailibook, as we might lose one poster.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
If the attacker suffers a fatal blow while being repelled, too bad.

If the attacker has been incapacitated and is clearly no longer any threat and then he is executed, that is murder.

Clearly incapacitated by a 75 year old man in fear of his life is not clear but subjective should almost always be in his favor.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Anciano de 70 a?os mata hombre y luego lo cuelga

ANCIANO MATA SUPUESTO LADR?N; CUELGA CAD?VER VICTIMA INTERIOR COCINA - Puerto Plata Digital

One better not jump to conclusions on a sole newspaper report.
I for one very much doubt the story of the old man....

donP

I find myself agreeing with you donP. The report that i read doesnt say anything about winning a lottery, although it does say that 2 men were trying to rob him of his property in his house. says nothing about someone following him home, so i dunno, the fact that there were 2 men allegedly and one escaped??? the powerful man of what.......70 or 75 years old?? hmm. as for stringing him up, well, the younger man was probably already dead and perhaps the older guy just thought he wasn`t, and could possibly wake up and attack him again. thats if i believe the old guys whole story after he beat him so severly. easy to kill someone straight away with the hammer that was lying around too. actually, i think this whole thing has more holes in it than swiss cheese and much has to be examined forensicly.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Your scholarly hypothetical ponderings of "what would be the correct course of action" are therefore meaningless.
What part of this is so impossible for you to comprehend?
I am inclined to cut the old guy a lot of slack and he would be justified to do anything to stop the alleged attack including blowing the guy`s head off.
So in your mind this is me advocating restraint?

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
It is easy to sit in the comfort of your home of office and type on a forum what should be done or not done. When it hits you it is a lot different. I just hope it does not happen to Mailibook, as we might lose one poster.
It is a complete waste of time and bandwidth trying to have a logical exchange with you.
I am inclined to cut the old guy a lot of slack and he would be justified to do anything to stop the alleged attack including blowing the guy`s head off.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What part of this is so impossible for you to comprehend?
So in your mind this is me advocating restraint?
It shows you have no idea what it's like to be in a life-or-death situation as you nuance all the possibilities from a comfy chair.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I find myself agreeing with you donP. The report that i read doesnt say anything about winning a lottery, although it does say that 2 men were trying to rob him of his property in his house. says nothing about someone following him home, so i dunno, the fact that there were 2 men allegedly and one escaped??? the powerful man of what.......70 or 75 years old?? hmm. as for stringing him up, well, the younger man was probably already dead and perhaps the older guy just thought he wasn`t, and could possibly wake up and attack him again. thats if i believe the old guys whole story after he beat him so severly. easy to kill someone straight away with the hammer that was lying around too. actually, i think this whole thing has more holes in it than swiss cheese and much has to be examined forensicly.

Perhaps you are not aware that frequently suspects are killed by the police for resisting arrest or trying to escape. Which means they are not back on the street because somebody paid a bribe or used influence to get their release.

Swiss cheese has far fewer holes in the DR than in the US.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It shows that you have major comprehension issues.
I am advocating the use of deadly force including blowing the guy`s head off.
It doesn`t get any more lethal than that.

If we take away your keyboard using mild force, will you go away?

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
Idk, i completely agree with the viejos actions! for those of you who say 'have sympathy for the thug' let me ask you a question... when a thug decides to rob you, do you think they care if you live or die? You think they're gonna learn? Seriously? i'm not saying go around and kill everysingle delincuente (or am i? :dead:) sometimes i wonder about the thought process of some of the people's responses to situations like this. let the thugs live? show them sympathy just because they're human beings? REALLY? This country is so screwed up with the current system of laws that the thugs already get away with everything they want, the good samaritans, and hard workers are the ones that suffer. I wanna know where the collecta is for the viejos bail! He can count on me! I applaud his actions, and i curse at the cops for arresting a man trying to defend himself! According to the news the man was on his property correct? so he gets arrested for defending his life on his property? Wow! in the U.S they would take you downtown get your side of the story and god bless america! youll be on your way with CCW on your hip. (some states anyway) Oh well just my .02 lemme go find where the the collecta is! im dead serious about this! im chipping in!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

Now THIS guy deserves a medal and no jail time or questions at all. The perp was found in his home and with a gun which unfortunately for him he was not quick enough on the draw.

This is definitely becoming like the wild west...I better start practicing my draw.

images

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Now THIS guy deserves a medal and no jail time or questions at all. The perp was found in his home and with a gun which unfortunately for him he was not quick enough on the draw.

This is definitely becoming like the wild west...I better start practicing my draw.

images
I've said it before: Rats in a cage, brother. Rats in a cage.

And it's only going to get worse...everywhere...

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Meanwhile, in the US:

Did Trayvon Martin die because he was black? - latimes.com

This seems likely to be the Emmett Till case of our time.

We have far from all the details on that case. I have seen reports that made me lean towards siding with the shooter somewhat. I have read some that seem like he was a gung ho wanna be cop looking for trouble. He was incredibly stupid to be following a guy that he just thought looked suspicious. The dispatcher from 911 even told him that.

I have seen reports that he was bleeding from the head. Until all the facts come out I would refrain from turning this into a racial thing. I am not saying it isn't a racial thing, it could very well be, but I have not see proof yet.

Once you get the Jackson, Sharpton circus involved and crime where the victim is black has to be racially motivated.

The shooter was hispanic BTW. I have seen many race baiters saying that blacks can't be racist as they don't have power. Only people with power can be racist. . . blah blah blah. By their own definition would it not be impossible for a latino or hispanic to be racist? Also the whole power angle is played out when arguably the most powerful position in the world is held by a black man.

Of course the AP is slanting the news to fit their racist narrative by calling the shooter a "white hispanic". I don't think I ever saw Obama called a white african american unless it was from the new black panthers or similarly assinine group.

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
We have far from all the details on that case. I have seen reports that made me lean towards siding with the shooter somewhat. I have read some that seem like he was a gung ho wanna be cop looking for trouble. He was incredibly stupid to be following a guy that he just thought looked suspicious. The dispatcher from 911 even told him that.

Things like this make me boil!!! I don't know what you read that makes you want to lean towards siding with the shooter YET ONE SENTENCE LATER YOU MAKE IT CLEAR THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT THE SHOOTER WAS TOLD BY THE COP HE CALLED NOT TO FOLLOW THE GUY!!!

End of it!!! This topic is about old guy who should receive a medal because people robbed him but he fckd up the robbers, the Zimmerman story is like the old guy thinks a guy is on his way to rob someone and after calling the police and even being told by the police to let it go the old guy still trying to get his medal to fck up the what could be robber.

Yeah I'm furious about this cos I'm black and the victim is black, besides that.. THE POLICE SAID BACK OFF! THAT IS A COLOR BLIND STATEMENT!