When was the last time you checked?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
good idea.
didn't check mine since 2018, when i couldn't renew my DL due infractions on my name.
Infractions which I already paid many years before, but they still had been in the system as not paid.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
this time it looks fine,
as i did not get any ticket the last couple years.

2020-10-01.png

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I think Ban Reservas will look it up for you.....you pay on the spot
I never tried myself,
but a friend of mine said the same.
you give BanReservas your Cedula or passport or car Matricula number and they tell you what's in the system and you can pay straight away.
in case of vehicles registered on a Company, some Multa could also be registered under the company's RNC number, the infractions when the copsor Red Light Camera only get your license plate but do not know who was the driver.
if you lent your car once in a while to others to drive,
then also check above provided link with your Matricula Number instead of just your own cedula number.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Remember paying your fine doesn't remove them from the DIGESETT data base. The last time I paid a fine I had to take the receipt to the AMET office to have it cleared.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Remember paying your fine doesn't remove them from the DIGESETT data base. The last time I paid a fine I had to take the receipt to the AMET office to have it cleared.
yes.
like with my surprise in 2018 when i tried to renew my DL.
the infractions bene years old, but each been paid by me within just a few days after i received the Multas.
but it stayed as unpaid in the system.
normlly they should disappear in the system at the same moment the BanReservas Cashier press's the "Enter" Button on the keybord for "Paid".
but as fact such system does not always work perfectly.
and as mine been years old at that time, i did not have a receipt.
I went without a receipt to our AMET office here in Veron and they solved it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
yes.
like with my surprise in 2018 when i tried to renew my DL.
the infractions bene years old, but each been paid by me within just a few days after i received the Multas.
but it stayed as unpaid in the system.
normlly they should disappear in the system at the same moment the BanReservas Cashier press's the "Enter" Button on the keybord for "Paid".
but as fact such system does not always work perfectly.
and as mine been years old at that time, i did not have a receipt.
I went without a receipt to our AMET office here in Veron and they solved it.
That was not my experience. I took my ticket( for parking to close to a corner) to bank reservas to pay and they told me I can another unpaid one. I had never received any ticket nor talked to an AMET but what can you do. I paid that one as well and put the two receipts together. A month later I renewed my licence in Santo Domingo and was asked nothing so the database must have showed paid.

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I think I leave mine as is until I renew my license. See what happens.
teh guys at the office, where you renew your license, will send you to BanReservas.
anyways,
to renew your DL, you have to pay the renewal tax at BanReservas first
and then go with that receipt to the office to renew your DL.
I would guess(but don't know) that the BanReservas would tell you about open tickets and make you pay those first, before you get your renewal ticket.

Reactions: tht

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Out of interest, why would you check monthly? I have always known when I have incurred a fine.

Force of habit. Something to do when I'm bored. I've only gotten tickets a couple of time and wanted to make sure they disappeared when I paid them(They did) But over the years some of my Dominican friends have discovered they had tickets they didn't know they had when they went to do something that requires you to have all of your tickets taken care of. (You can imagine the circumstances) so for me, it's better safe than sorry.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Out of interest, why would you check monthly? I have always known when I have incurred a fine.
I received a ticket that I never saw. Perhaps somebody removed it from the windshield wiper or wherever they put it. I went to pay one I got for parking too close to a corner and thats when I found out about the other one.

Reactions: aarhus

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
One of the nice things about the DR is the ability to pay traffic fines on the spot.
I pay my fine to the Amet officer in cash and he forwards the money for me so there is no paperwork and no ticket issued.