When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
I do understand your point, just putting out what is in the "alleged news". Suck as some do.
DT does suck and usually offers little more than fluff, hearsay and speculation; the "saturday morning cartoons" of the DR press, however the article does contain factual statements that are corroborated. So, gloves and masks eh? That's the magical protocol we've been waiting to hear about?

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
CV19 is here to stay. Like a fire consuming fuel as it finds it. It will turn into another disease that we just "live with".

Does it remind you of "whack a mole"?

Reactions: I love Azua

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DT does suck and usually offers little more than fluff, hearsay and speculation; the "saturday morning cartoons" of the DR press, however the article does contain factual statements that are corroborated. So, gloves and masks eh? That's the magical protocol we've been waiting to hear about?

With the government still being in phase 2 of the reopening, the expiration of the latest and probably final state of emergency on July 1, the election on July 5, who really knows what will happen.

I know this much about masks:

1592919378378.png

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For those of us who really don't trust Dominican Today. Any similar problem with Listin Diario? They confirmed what I posted from Dominican Today:

Google Translation:

Rafael Castro Las Américas Airport Some 50 commercial passenger flights to and from the United States have been scheduled at the Gregorio Luperon International Airport, in Puerto Plata, for next July. Luis López, director of Corporate Communication for the company Aeropuertos Dominicanos XXI (Aerodom) stated that from July 4 to 31, the Flight Operations Department of the aforementioned terminal has scheduled the operation of 50 commercial passenger flights. López pointed out that the flights will be operated by American Airlines and JetBlue airlines to the cities of Miami, Florida, New York, and others in North America. It is recalled that airports were closed and flight operations suspended more than three months ago by the Dominican government, in response to a recommendation by the Ministry of Public Health, with the aim of stopping the advance of the coronavirus (Covid-19) in the country. . The Gregorio Luperón terminal in Puerto Plata regularly receives dozens of operations and thousands of passengers, mostly travelers of different nationalities who come to the Dominican Republic as tourists to different destinations in the country. "Right now, the terminal is in optimal operational conditions, ready to receive thousands of foreign visitors, with all the sanitary protocol measures required by national and international authorities to prevent contagion with Covid-19," said the Aerodom executive. . He also added that the protocol requires passengers to faithfully comply with sanitary measures by putting on masks, gloves and disinfecting their hands upon arrival and departure from the airport. The official stressed that Aerodom has invested some 25 million pesos in readjusting and sanitizing the airports operated by that company to function in time of the pandemic.

Reactions: habi

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
For those of us who really don't trust Dominican Today. Any similar problem with Listin Diario? They confirmed what I posted from Dominican Today:

Google Translation:

Rafael Castro Las Américas Airport Some 50 commercial passenger flights to and from the United States have been scheduled at the Gregorio Luperon International Airport, in Puerto Plata, for next July. Luis López, director of Corporate Communication for the company Aeropuertos Dominicanos XXI (Aerodom) stated that from July 4 to 31, the Flight Operations Department of the aforementioned terminal has scheduled the operation of 50 commercial passenger flights. López pointed out that the flights will be operated by American Airlines and JetBlue airlines to the cities of Miami, Florida, New York, and others in North America. It is recalled that airports were closed and flight operations suspended more than three months ago by the Dominican government, in response to a recommendation by the Ministry of Public Health, with the aim of stopping the advance of the coronavirus (Covid-19) in the country. . The Gregorio Luperón terminal in Puerto Plata regularly receives dozens of operations and thousands of passengers, mostly travelers of different nationalities who come to the Dominican Republic as tourists to different destinations in the country. "Right now, the terminal is in optimal operational conditions, ready to receive thousands of foreign visitors, with all the sanitary protocol measures required by national and international authorities to prevent contagion with Covid-19," said the Aerodom executive. . He also added that the protocol requires passengers to faithfully comply with sanitary measures by putting on masks, gloves and disinfecting their hands upon arrival and departure from the airport. The official stressed that Aerodom has invested some 25 million pesos in readjusting and sanitizing the airports operated by that company to function in time of the pandemic.

The only problem with these articles is that schedule means only that, they won't fly until they get the green lights from the Dominican Government. It s a temptative schedule subject to changes. Whether the airports are ready to receive tourists by the new sanitary guidelines, it still doesn't matter a long as the borders remain closed.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
UNtil the Govt makes a firm commitment to reopen the borers, I have a hard time putting any stock into reports of airlines scheduling flights.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019

Google Translation:

No problems with Listin at all. Gracias por todo.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
50 flights is not even two a day. And don't all airlines now have the middle seat blocked off so a full flight(if there are any) will only be bringing in 2/3 the number of passengers that they used to when full. Well, it's a start - if they actually open on that date.

One plan mentioned a while back was to open SDQ, PUJ, and STI first.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I just dont see the United States allowing flights to and from RD. NY is recovering with a smart plan thats working and Florida is literally turning into the next epicenter. With RD's cases increasing, it just seems unlikely.

You make an interesting point here, as I just saw where the governor of New York wants to flag arrivals from the state of Florida.
How would he feel about flights from the RD?
Furthermore for RD, two main travel points JFK and MIA....both so called epicenters.

Reactions: Andre14615

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Captain's Log, Stardate 23 June, 1242hrs.

No international flights, nor additional aircrafts of any sort observed within RD airspace as of this entry.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
You make an interesting point here, as I just saw where the governor of New York wants to flag arrivals from the state of Florida.
How would he feel about flights from the RD?
Furthermore for RD, two main travel points JFK and MIA....both so called epicenters.
I have mentioned this a couple of times. Have to look at US policy to. They have a level 4 travel advisory.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I can't imagine any tourist wanting to come to the north coast in July when it's not even known when bars, clubs, and restaurants will open nor what restrictions will be in place.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
DT's articles are directly translated from the main Spanish-language Dominican newspapers.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I can't imagine any tourist wanting to come to the north coast in July when it's not even known when bars, clubs, and restaurants will open nor what restrictions will be in place.

I can live without clubs, bars and restaurants and soak in my pool when needed. My kids are at the age where they prefer the pool than the beach too, plus they have their amiguitos there now. Absolutely not a problem for me, although I realize I may not be typical. If the borders open, I plan to be there in July :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.