When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Just because you can buy a ticket from airline right now ,means nothing print it use it as toilet paper.. most airlines are being optimistic 30 days and jet blue well it’s jet blue... but really no one knows ..my guess June, why June because I slept in a Holiday Inn and do yoga now !

You have a point, although toilet paper may be worth more lately !!:nervous:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Just because you can buy a ticket from airline right now ,means nothing print it use it as toilet paper.. most airlines are being optimistic 30 days and jet blue well it’s jet blue... but really no one knows ..my guess June, why June because I slept in a Holiday Inn and do yoga now !

On the few occasions I have used them in and out of SDQ, Jet Blue has proven to be a fine carrier. On time. Cleanliness. On time. Did I mention on time?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Jetblue is selling tickets after April 3rd. WW

Not sure about Americans, but I don't know any Dominicans-Americans whose trying to to DR anytime soon.

Hmmmm, you do know that upon sale they are yours. Upon cancellation they go into the travel bank. You don't get a direct deposit of cash to your bank account. Clever those little jet Blewers . lol

Reactions: JfromNY

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Friends were looking at the Hyatt in Punta Cana (for this winter). They said the hotel website says they are not taking reservations until June 1.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Hmmmm, you do know that upon sale they are yours. Upon cancellation they go into the travel bank. You don't get a direct deposit of cash to your bank account. Clever those little jet Blewers . lol

When did this whole process of cash back into accounts take over? This is a true example of millennial thinking overtaking society.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Friends were looking at the Hyatt in Punta Cana (for this winter). They said the hotel website says they are not taking reservations until June 1.

That makes sense. Why quote a price at the bottom of the market when things could be better in June?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
When did this whole process of cash back into accounts take over? This is a true example of millennial thinking overtaking society.

I saw a post here on DR 1 a couple of weeks ago. The post was an outrage of why they didn't get their money back. That stuck in my head because a make a lot of trips and cancellation on jet Blue and I don't care that it's in my travel bank. They will ask if you want to apply your credits. thats all there is to it. "Money in the bank". lol

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

It's the airlines being slick and knowing that a percentage won't be able to take the trip within a year while they keep your money.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I saw a post here on DR 1 a couple of weeks ago. The post was an outrage of why they didn't get their money back. That stuck in my head because a make a lot of trips and cancellation on jet Blue and I don't care that it's in my travel bank. They will ask if you want to apply your credits. thats all there is to it. "Money in the bank". lol

Yes, I remember that. It had to do with a UK model I believe. It goes to show how many people can not actually afford to travel internationally, but yet do.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It's the airlines being slick and knowing that a percentage won't be able to take the trip within a year while they keep your money.

I do concur with you on this, that the booking date should be expanded past a six month period.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Yes, but I saw last week when I stuck my nose into the subject matter that they added "Anyone can use the tickets", I don't think they had that clause in there before. Not sure, but I know it now.
More importantly and further to your point, with low sales they can show the shareholders sales in a VERRRRRRY slow period. It will build the bottom line better for the Q.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Yes, but I saw last week when I stuck my nose into the subject matter that they added "Anyone can use the tickets", I don't think they had that clause in there before. Not sure, but I know it now.
More importantly and further to your point, with low sales they can show the shareholders sales in a VERRRRRRY slow period. It will build the bottom line better for the Q.

I used a friend JB travel bank in the past, because she was about to lose it.
I foresee a few Craigslist listing offering a discount for banks when the travel restrictions ease :nervous:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I do concur with you on this, that the booking date should be expanded past a six month period.

I just cancelled my trip on Frontier from PC. Getting thru was a bit difficult as was the on hold part. But after that, it took < 5 min to cancel and get a credit on my MasterCard. I thought it was gonna be bad but it was not.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm guessing 90 days/ 3 months.
This seems to be the time it takes
for other countries (China S.Korea)
to see a decrease in new cases once
public is locked down. Of course...
we can't trust the lying *ss CCP's
numbers.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
I just cancelled my trip on Frontier from PC. Getting thru was a bit difficult as was the on hold part. But after that, it took < 5 min to cancel and get a credit on my MasterCard. I thought it was gonna be bad but it was not.
Thanks for letting us know you got a refund!

BTW- at least another 20+ people will die here today basically drowning in their own mucas.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
A couple of popular US Caribbean booking sites are listing June departure dates, early June. Nothing for April/May.

Status
Not open for further replies.