When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Travel insurance will not cover covid.
My private insurance plan covers me for 45 days out of country and has a medivac package. If I can book to return to the DR in July, I’ll check to see if I’m covered for covid. If I’m not covered, I can’t return. I’m 71 with mild COPD. Canadian travel insurance didn’t cover financial reimbursement for cancelled flights and resort packages. Initially they said they would. Once the airlines and travel companies offered full credit for cancelled bookings, the travel insurance companies backed out of their promise.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Thanks everyone. All I want to do is return to see my family soon.
Then you need to read and understand what you need to do....

Send me an PM/convefstaion if you want me to read the message for you.

Wish you fast and safe flight, and hope the loved ones stay safe.

Have a nice day!

• Love
Reactions: Caonabo

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
My private insurance plan covers me for 45 days out of country and has a medivac package. If I can book to return to the DR in July, I’ll check to see if I’m covered for covid. If I’m not covered, I can’t return. I’m 71 with mild COPD. Canadian travel insurance didn’t cover financial reimbursement for cancelled flights and resort packages. Initially they said they would. Once the airlines and travel companies offered full credit for cancelled bookings, the travel insurance companies backed out of their promise.

I have been trying to find out myself. My private insurer has not been able to answer me. They did say they are looking into it. I just heard from the travel insurance company they will not cover me for Covid.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
magically after the elections everything is going to return to normal.. my flight for june 4th is still on for MIA to POP. hoping if not cancelled I can just pay the immigration officer if there is any trouble, only time will tell

All my relatives I talk to say life is back to normal down there (other than tourism)

We must love all the new members to the forum since the format changeover, and all that they contribute.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Everybody had a chance to go home. Everybody are responsible for their own actions. If you are covered by local DR insurance, I believe they cover covid. But good luck to try to sign up for insurance now.

If you are a risk taker, or have really deep pockets so you can do self insurance, all is good.

As opposed to what one of the Duct Tape Doomsday Davies stated several weeks prior, NEW insurance policies within RD ARE covering Covid-19 related illnesses.
I know this, because I personally added 7 new employees with health coverage over the last 60 days. They are covered in full.
I did not want to be viewed as picking upon him during his delicate state, so I did not correct him publicly at the time.

• Love
Reactions: Africaida and etolw

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
As opposed to what one of the Duct Tape Doomsday Davies stated several weeks prior, NEW insurance policies within RD ARE covering Covid-19 related illnesses.
I know this, because I personally added 7 new employees with health coverage over the last 60 days. They are covered in full.
I did not want to be viewed as picking upon him during his delicate state, so I did not correct him publicly at the time.
I stand corrected!

Never gonna trust anything I read here anymore:cry:

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I can only speak of which I know. With Humano, the newbies are covered. All in the last 60 days.
Ok, I have an old insurance, other company. Guess I am covered. Hope I never find out!
Worked fine when I had a minor pasola jump. Damned those speed bumps, who,invented those. Shoot her/him!

Sep 4, 2012
No such thing as being insured/covered by COVID.

Hospitals treat aftermath of COVID, not COVID itself. If one gets infected with it, then they will get treated for fever, cough, respiratory illness, complications with existent illnesses, etc

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018

Hospitals treat aftermath of COVID, not COVID itself. If one gets infected with it, then they will get treated for fever, cough, respiratory illness, complications with existent illnesses, etc
What about those fabulous masks I have read about, thay got you covered, or not. Hmm

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Hence, Covid-19 related illnesses.
Read before you jump. I know it is difficult for you.

• Wow
Reactions: etolw
Status
Not open for further replies.