When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2009
My daughter has been trying to book JBlue this week...
Flights kept disappearing
On the phone, they told her that many were full.... SDQ - JFK

as they were talking the woman said - oops, June 12th just opened a seat.... she took it.
Her boyfriend is flying the 11th - SDQ 10am to JFK -- JBlue

I searched last evening online and found June 21st... same 10am flight
She took that one - xcelled the 12th

Both she & he are connecting thru to LHR.... via BA at JFK

Lots of flights out - still !!
and seemingly full.....whatever that means these days
Thanks for her itinerary. Now only if there was some use for this information

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

as they were talking the woman said - oops, June 12th just opened a seat.... she took it.

That certainly is another reason - booked full

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
You can’t get a residency in the US at the Dominican consulate. You have to get all your US documents they want you to have and file for a visa (business, retirement etc etc). After the consulate gives you that visa back in US, you come to the Dominican and go to immigration office with all those documents and visa and then apply for a residency. That takes about 3 months to get after the application has been submitted
Yeah, at this point I understand the process :)

Personally my residency is based on marriage, and understand how you have to go through the consulate to get the initial visa, and then "complete" the process in the DR..

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
I found a couple with united to new york. What are ferry flights? How do you find them if they arent online?

We have been posting these in DR1 News. Recall latest ones posted were for United. The link is there also of who to email to ask about future flights if those have already flown.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Here you go re the link for United repatriation flights in June.

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
I booked this flight weeks ago and I don't see any other flight this entire month. So I guess I got lucky.

HOW CAN I CAN BACK INTO USA??? I dont see any flights or ferries from Dominican Republic to USA????

Does anyone know how you can get back to USA from Domincan Republic?
That is the problem. We've been in the DR as snowbirds since mid Dec & were supposed to leave for Chicago April 2. Our flight canceled & only notified us 2 days prior. Luckily, we're retired & in a nice condo, so it's not a big deal. There have been some ferry flights to New York, but then we would have had to stay overnight before flying on to Chicago. No thank you. We were booked on an American Airlines flight for June 6th, but it was canceled a few days ago. We had already figured we weren't going anywhere. Now booked for July 7th. hopefully that will happen. Love it here, but ready to get back. You might be lucky enough to find a jetblue ferry flight & supposedly united does a couple, but they do go to New York.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

Have they been in touch with the UK embassy? A repatriation flight originating in Barbados picked up British passengers in Punta Cana yesterday evening and flew on to the UK. According to their social media posts, no more flights are planned for now.

Reactions: aarhus

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
I booked this flight weeks ago and I don't see any other flight this entire month. So I guess I got lucky.

HOW CAN I CAN BACK INTO USA??? I dont see any flights or ferries from Dominican Republic to USA????

Does anyone know how you can get back to USA from Domincan Republic?
One other thing. If that is not a nonstop flight, they won't necessarily cancel bc the first leg is in the US & it will go. You need to see about the other part. That happened to my granddaughter back in March. She was supposed to be coming here (DR), but they had closed the airport to incoming flights. Every time she called the airlines, they told her it was a go. What they finally found out was, the leg to Chicago to Atlanta was still going, but not the Atlanta to SDQ. The day of the flight they were still saying it was a go.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Have they been in touch with the UK embassy? A repatriation flight originating in Barbados picked up British passengers in Punta Cana yesterday evening and flew on to the UK. According to their social media posts, no more flights are planned for now.

They didn't like the 'hop scotch' part....

and they had tix/credits on the airlines they used.

In reality - if she can- my daughter will jump ship in NYC to visit my wife & new granddaughter in Philadelphia
Plus... she didn't want to leave me alone for too long

but - Yes - they knew about that flight.... PUJ is hours from Cabrera.... tough to do

but thank you for the thought.... he is on the Embassy list
She is a resident and doesn' t qualify for official assistance - she was told
Right to Stay???

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Kinda irritated that American Airlines announces updated Latin American schedules.. And PUJ isnt on the list but the airport is open July 1

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
One other thing. If that is not a nonstop flight, they won't necessarily cancel bc the first leg is in the US & it will go. You need to see about the other part. That happened to my granddaughter back in March. She was supposed to be coming here (DR), but they had closed the airport to incoming flights. Every time she called the airlines, they told her it was a go. What they finally found out was, the leg to Chicago to Atlanta was still going, but not the Atlanta to SDQ. The day of the flight they were still saying it was a go.
It is a direct flight from San Juan to Santigo.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
For those thinking they will fly regular passenger flights before July 1:

This includes those tourists that think they have flights from PR to the DR tomorrow.
I don't think I have a flight I know I have one and the airline has said the flight is on and the airport is open and they have had many people asking about the whole July 1st thing and they are saying they have verified the flight is on time and good to go. So we will see.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
10 to 1 Scott doesn't make it onto the flight
45 to 1 Scott doesn't make it past DR immigration

Coming here as a tourist passenger on an inbound ferry flight? A waste of time and money.
Really? I will take that bet. I got $100 says I make it into the country. Wanna take the bet? You can pay me by paypal.

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
I don't think I have a flight I know I have one and the airline has said the flight is on and the airport is open and they have had many people asking about the whole July 1st thing and they are saying they have verified the flight is on time and good to go. So we will see.
you will not get boarded without pre-clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.