When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
even wihout having wsted any precious life time on gaining experience with airlines or such,most on the bord here know what i prefer to spend my time on(Karma may just reread my name a thousand more times and find the clue),
I dare to show even karma til when no leisure flighs will enter the DR.
here is the full listing of all activities reopening/operating, with all details, for all 4 reopening phases of our economy in the DR.
even the airline dumbed individuals should be able to read and understand such simple, but official facts read:

Sep 22, 2009
You sound like many ignorant passengers I had standing in front of me for decades. Does "for serious" mean the same as "serious or "seriously"? Move along.

Screenshot_20200520-063833.png

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are you saying some of the ferry flights were free? We paid Jet Blue for ours. And STILL waiting for United to refund us.
I never meant to infer that any ferry flights were free. I have no knowledge personally of free ferry flights.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
no, many positivetested people are isolated/in quarantine at home.
only the ones who's homes are not adequate for quarantine are brought to isloation facilities
and of course the ones in bad shape to a clinic with isolation station.
Do you have a news article on quarantining at home in the DR?

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Can we get back to the thread! AA says my AA flight on June 4 is a go but today the govn't says July 1 to open airports, phase 4??? Thoughts or accurate info, thanks!!

singletravel

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Passengers can leave the DR on scheduled outbound flights subject to immigration restrictions in place at the destination airport. To arrive in the DR on these flights that usually arrive nearly empty one must be a DR citizen and possibly a legal DR resident with valid documentation. There has been at least one recent report on this site suggesting that legal residents may not be allowed to enter the country until the borders reopen.

Scheduled flights seem to get cancelled with some regularity. You may not know the status of your flight for sure until the day before departure. Keep checking with the airline.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
Can we get back to the thread! AA says my AA flight on June 4 is a go but today the govn't says July 1 to open airports, phase 4??? Thoughts or accurate info, thanks!!

singletravel

AA will cancel the flight the day before the scheduled departure. Let them cancel it so you can get a refund. If you cancel I believe you get a credit. If you get a credit, they get to borrow your money longer. If you plan on flying later with AA anyway, use the credit. (caveat - assuming this is not a ferry flight)

I would go with the Gov't information as opposed to the AA rep.

Jan 3, 2003
American airlines called me today to confirm my June 6th flight to Santo Domingo. The Rep stated the flight was good.
All flights are looking good until they cancel them the day before. Then you'll be rescheduled on a better looking flight. Your money in their pockets looks much better also.

Sep 22, 2009

singletravel
I'm so confused as to how you folks think the members of this board know if your flight will be a go or cancelled. What is all the rush? Don't you have something better to do?

Reactions: karmatourer

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I'm so confused as to how you folks think the members of this board know if your flight will be a go or cancelled. What is all the rush? Don't you have something better to do?

Makes more sense than to think that an AA/JetBlue/Delta representative is aware of the current evolving policies in every country. :)

• Love
Reactions: MikeFisher

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio

singletravel
Leaving the DR 3 weeks ago for the US was not difficult but had to make a couple changes to flight days/time. Getting BACK to the DR is the problem. Flights for passengers are being cancelled regularly when the DR govt changes it’s dates for reopening. Citizens have been allowed back in but I personally have friends who are permanent residents that were rejected for entry after arriving to the DR and had to return to their home country of Canada. I have yet to see anyone here say they have personal knowledge of or have been allowed into the DR as legal residents and not as tourists. Based on this, it seems no one other than citizens will be allowed entry until July 5

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

singletravel
I think it said July 5 for airports reopening. Hence your flight will be after that date.

Translated from the government report:

It will be in phase 4, estimated for next July 5, when all companies resume their work with 100% of their staff.

In addition, in this phase tourism will be reactivated, opening hotels and airports, as well as gyms and restaurant dining rooms.

"In this phase we will have resumed economic normality" they assured from the Commission.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Up to date information re: Jet Blue to Santo Domingo.. Yes they are taking reservations now starting the first week of June. Mine is the second week of June. So, what happens if the border is not opened. Ppl with reservation of course will be cancelled out . They will need to make a new reservation. Here's the catch. They have booked many days in June-Aug. You don't automatically move up to next date because of "availability. They are using two type of aircraft. One will take 90 people the other 60. If someone was lucky enough to have a reservation after the border is opened case closed. If you get cancelled and the border is still not opened with no date in sight...what do you do?

Note: the JB agent I spoke to said simply, "We don't have any more knowledge then what is in the Newspapers. The only thing we can do is send cancellation notice as soon as we know".

Currently people have reservation for most days in June. How many? Thats ALL I know.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Leaving the DR 3 weeks ago for the US was not difficult but had to make a couple changes to flight days/time. Getting BACK to the DR is the problem. Flights for passengers are being cancelled regularly when the DR govt changes it’s dates for reopening. Citizens have been allowed back in but I personally have friends who are permanent residents that were rejected for entry after arriving to the DR and had to return to their home country of Canada. I have yet to see anyone here say they have personal knowledge of or have been allowed into the DR as legal residents and not as tourists. Based on this, it seems no one other than citizens will be allowed entry until July 5

That with the entry of legal residents is interesting to find out. If we are legal permanent residents is it not our right to enter the country. I was in Miami on a visit and flew back the 18th of March the day before the national emergency started. I was actually lucky to get on a flight the 18th as I just went to the airport. First they said there where no seats and I was booked on the 19th but I asked again and then got on the same day. So I was lucky. I was using a return ticket I had for April and AA was very flexible.

Sep 22, 2009
That with the entry of legal residents is interesting to find out. If we are legal permanent residents is it not our right to enter the country. I was in Miami on a visit and flew back the 18th of March the day before the national emergency started. I was actually lucky to get on a flight the 18th as I just went to the airport. First they said there where no seats and I was booked on the 19th but I asked again and then got on the same day. So I was lucky. I was using a return ticket I had for April and AA was very flexible.
I guess they decide at the gate, regardless of what a foreigner considers his rights to be. The only guarantee is a cédula

Status
Not open for further replies.