When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
What are the odds the airport is open before the government's schedule says it can open?

Some airports, Puerto Plata and Samana, are being said to reopen next year in news I just posted.
it looks like the first week of July is most realistic.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
ETA. Would you even stay at a place that "no one answers the phone". lol. The only lodging spot that does that was Motel 6 that said " we'll keep the light on for you but we're going to sleep. "
No one answers the phone a lot these days. In Canada a few days ago, I had to drive to the bank to get their phone number as they don't publish it on the internet.

Reactions: cavok

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No one answers the phone a lot these days. In Canada a few days ago, I had to drive to the bank to get their phone number as they don't publish it on the internet.
lol. You're right especially during the covid

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
This is for anyone who had a flight booked out of the Dominican Republic in the last 6 weeks. How far in advance did they cancel & how did they notify you. Thanks

Mm530

Dec 28, 2014
Badpiece, I too am waiting to return and get away from NYC. I think it's going to be a couple of months. Just this week I got shut out two times from traveling on Jet Blue because they couldn't fill the plane. I am now waiting on my third attempt to travel Savannah to JFK on Monday. What's going to happen when they open up Sto Do? Are they going to have more people at the gate wanting to go besides me? IDK.
Count me in ! Thats 2 ....

Reactions: LaVerdadera

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Or July 1st, depending on where you read the information!
July 1st,
that is the date the PC Airport shows on their nnounecment that they will be ready for reopening.
this has, of cousre, Nothing to do with any border opening.
the opening of our borders will happen When the DR Government says so.
no hotel, no airline, no airport will make such decision.
and anyways,
reading the PC Airport announcement about July 1st correctly,
they do NOT state anything about border openeings,
they only state when they will be ready for all kind of travel to pass through their airport.
the by this moment Oficially aimed for date to reopen the borders, is July 5th, election day.
BUT,
depending on a successful run of all prior 3 phases of the deescalation process.
teh official aimed for reopening date for the DR Borders is July 5th 2020.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I wonder if PUJ is opening both terminals
I can imagine that they start operations with 1 terminal only, so equipment and staff only for one etrminal needed.
unless there will book so many customers/airlines/flights that 2terminals would be necessary to serve the crowds.
I personally do not se any crowds pushing into PC in July, so my guess would be 1 terminal operating and gettingthe 2nd ready to be added when arriving number require the use of both together.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
July 1 is what the government has told hotels that normal air traffic will resume.
I live at a hotel and this came from the owner.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
July 1st,
that is the date the PC Airport shows on their nnounecment that they will be ready for reopening.
this has, of cousre, Nothing to do with any border opening.
the opening of our borders will happen When the DR Government says so.
no hotel, no airline, no airport will make such decision.
and anyways,
reading the PC Airport announcement about July 1st correctly,
they do NOT state anything about border openeings,
they only state when they will be ready for all kind of travel to pass through their airport.
the by this moment Oficially aimed for date to reopen the borders, is July 5th, election day.
BUT,
depending on a successful run of all prior 3 phases of the deescalation process.
teh official aimed for reopening date for the DR Borders is July 5th 2020.
I like facts too.

LaVerdadera

Apr 29, 2020
USA
Badpiece, I too am waiting to return and get away from NYC. I think it's going to be a couple of months. Just this week I got shut out two times from traveling on Jet Blue because they couldn't fill the plane. I am now waiting on my third attempt to travel Savannah to JFK on Monday. What's going to happen when they open up Sto Do? Are they going to have more people at the gate wanting to go besides me? IDK.
You can count me in too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.