When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
From the United States. How about the 14 positive cases that came in from Madrid 2 days ago on a Dominican repatriation flight with 196 passengers. How about flights from China, Italy and Germany. Will the DR ban flights from Brazil like the US?
for other countries the actual quarantine will stay as it was, i would guess.
it only states that the passengers from the USA dont need the quarantine anymore,
because they get tested There before boarding their flight.
such means for the rest of the countries it stays at it is, quarantine.

Reactions: Mcinbrass

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
it only states that the passengers from the USA dont need the quarantine anymore,
I expect Canada would get a pass on quarantine as well. Westjet and Air Canada have some extensive protocols in place.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Well, where did you read about the cases from Madrid.

I read that those who had PCR test from Spain went home, others quarantined 14 days at hotel gubmint
Still can't read, where is the Madrid cases. :cry:

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Well, where did you read about the cases from Madrid.

I read that those who had PCR test from Spain went home, others quarantined 14 days at hotel gubmint
Somebody grafitti'd it on a bridge abutment wall. Didn't you see it?

• Haha
Reactions: drstock

flyboy9998

May 27, 2020
Miami
you are in the fight business and believed yoru flight would be a Go in June???btw,
the website yu linked to in your post is Not any official website, it is a Tourseller Website.
last update there been mid May.
I hope when flying tose plane, you use more up to date flight plans/routes and use the really official sources for Pilots, lol.

Hi Mike, we go by the NOTAM's as to if the airport is open/closed or restricted. In this case, all I am saying is that currently all Dominican airports are restricted to Cargo and Goverment flight as per the government website.
read it again and again til understanding set's in.
the PC Airport simply stated, that they are prepared and ready to receive all kind of flights, passengers, travelers with all security and safety measures/equipmets in place, starting July 1st 2020.
NOWHERE does it state that theBorders will be open by July 1st 2020.
and anyways, it is not a airport to decide abotu such date, thats decided by the government solely.
sowhy not use the governments real websites and take the planned dates from there?
Hi Mike, here is a real government website for aviation in the Dominican Republic.. https://aip.idac.gob.do/Datos/Aviso_NOTAM/AvisoNotamVigente.pdf

Summary: it says airports are restricted to Cargo and Government flights until May 31st, 2020. It doesn't say if the borders will be open or not. It doesn't say if commercial flights will fly or not. However, my personal view is that once the airports actually open, flights will start to go. After all, both the airports and the airlines need the money .

Lastly, These NOTAM's are updated daily. This could all change tomorrow.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I hate contributing to off topic posts, but since others do not mind writing nonsense like the above.....

GusFring, I do not know if you have any difficulties with the perception. If so, you are excused.

I asked you to answer this question in post #1651, since what you have claimed there contains obvious errors.

Reactions: Caonabo

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
However, my personal view is that once the airports actually open, flights will start to go. After all, both the airports and the airlines need the money .

Therein lies the problem. When will there be enough money incoming to open POP?

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018

I hate contributing to off topic posts, but since others do not mind writing nonsense like the above.....

GusFring, I do not know if you have any difficulties with the perception. If so, you are excused.

I asked you to answer this question in post #1651, since what you have claimed there contains obvious errors.

Ok, I decided to try harder and spend my time looking for the information myself, found it.

flyboy9998

May 27, 2020
Miami
Good Morning: Here is the latest NOTAM for today. Friday May 29th, 2020.

No changes. However, as I keep saying these are issued on a daily basis and could change tomorrow.

**Another note: My Jetblue flight for Monday into SDQ has not be cancelled yet. Which to be honest is surprising... I will keep you updated on my progress.

Depart: Monday, June 1, 2020
FLIGHT
Aircraft (320)
ROUTE
FLL
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
to SDQ
Santo Domingo, DR (SDQ)
DEPART
7:10 AM
ARRIVE
9:14 AM
Confirmed
Duration: 2h 4min

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

No changes. However, as I keep saying these are issued on a daily basis and could change tomorrow.

Less work for you if you just let us know when it changes

**Another note: My Jetblue flight for Monday into SDQ has not be cancelled yet. Which to be honest is surprising... I will keep you updated on my progress.

That flight might indeed arrive as scheduled to deliver citizens and repatriate foreigners. Rarely do flight crews from the east coast need to overnight in the DR due to max flight hours. If you are not a citizen and choose to fly here on June 5 expecting to be allowed to stay, I'd bet you will by flying back with your compatriots.

Just curious, why do you feel the need to come at this point in time?

flyboy9998

May 27, 2020
Miami
Less work for you if you just let us know when it changes

That flight might indeed arrive as scheduled to deliver citizens and repatriate foreigners. Rarely do flight crews from the east coast need to overnight in the DR due to max flight hours. If you are not a citizen and choose to fly here on June 5 expecting to be allowed to stay, I'd bet you will by flying back with your compatriots.

Just curious, why do you feel the need to come at this point in time?

Good Morning, all of us have some reason to travel. Family, friends, businesses, etc... as to my personal reason's I'll keep those out of the public forum.

As to the flight, you could be right. However, I called Jetblue with these same questions and was told US Citizen's can fly, (not just flight crew). In fact, I was told the flight is full (with the middle seats empty for social distancing) However, this was just a customer service rep.

If I make it or I don't at least those who read these post's will have some insight into the situation.

Again, things could change anytime... So standby and I'lll keep you posted..

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
Just spoke with American airlines & they're still saying my June 6th flight is leaving from the DR. I asked why it isn't showing anywhere anymore & she said it is totally booked & so are all the others until June 15th. I find that really hard to believe. She said they don't have any set amount of time to cancel. I know what they're doing but I hate to not pack & get ready on the off chance it really does go. However, if I get rid of all my food & leave my condo only to get to the airport & find out it really isn't happening, I'm really in trouble. anyone had any flights around that time, leaving the DR cancelled yet???

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good Morning all, UPDATE: I just checked www.aa.com and the flights that were starting on June 4th into Puerto Plata have now been removed until July 7th. The JetBlue flight I have booked into Santo Domingo June 1st is still confirmed but that could change anytime, will keep you updated.

A question for you all in DR. I read this morning that the President has asked for another 25 days of emergency power and the senate has confirmed. However, the Chamber has vowed not to approve the extension. So, if an agreement for the extension is not reached. What happens? General thoughts on this as a whole?
If the Chamber of Deputies does not approve my guess is that the curfew time at night will be over. That is the major difference I see.

I do not think the emergency powers directly affect the multi stage reopening plan, just the curfew. I could be wrong.

Reactions: flyboy9998

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002

Need to ban travel from Brazil, but it its easier said than done. Really a complex problem this virus

flyboy9998

May 27, 2020
Miami

Depart: Monday, June 1, 2020
FLIGHT
Aircraft (320)
ROUTE
FLL
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
to SDQ
Santo Domingo, DR (SDQ)
DEPART
7:10 AM
ARRIVE
9:14 AM
Confirmed
Duration: 2h 4min
UPDATE: I just received am email from JetBlue followed up by a phone call. The flight on Monday will fly. However, the flight has been restricted (by the Dominican government) to Dominican citizens only. Which I am not, so I won't be flying. They said they now expect USA citizens will be allowed to fly July 1st, which is inline with others have said in this forum. So, I'm rebooked for July 1st....

I will keep you all posted!

Jan 9, 2004
UPDATE: I just received am email from JetBlue followed up by a phone call. The flight on Monday will fly. However, the flight has been restricted (by the Dominican government) to Dominican citizens only. Which I am not, so I won't be flying. They said they now expect USA citizens will be allowed to fly July 1st, which is inline with others have said in this forum. So, I'm rebooked for July 1st....

I will keep you all posted!
/QUOTE]

It is a repatriation flight. Citizens only.

Not even residents are, or were, being allowed back in.

The opening for international flights to resume will be staggered by country/region......as will openings for specific airports in the DR.

One of the major resorts in PC has plans to re-open 1 or 2 of its hotels sometime in July.

This will be a very slow process.

Answer to the oft asked question is...............August.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: aarhus
Status
Not open for further replies.