When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Yesterday in the DR, 345 new cases reported and 11 new deaths for the day.

These are both very high daily numbers so why are people screaming to open the borders wear no masks and saying social distancing is a myth and remove the curfew?

Just selfish ignorant pigs is my guess.
I love the name gus fring

Reactions: GusFring

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
good thing is new york is starting to open let them be the guinea pig ....than DR will follow what happens there..

Sad part is the gringos dont have any money to come here.. they havent work in 5months

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
good thing is new york is starting to open let them be the guinea pig ....than DR will follow what happens there..

Sad part is the gringos dont have any money to come here.. they havent work in 5months
Wisconsin opened first and spikes everywhere.

Lake of the Ozark cases now happening.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Can someone please share a link with information on ferry flights to Santo Domingo DR from USA? Any government site with date and flight info, if available, would be very appropriate. TIA

Reactions: Goldenruler

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Another 377 new cases yesterday along with 10 more deceased.

Why are posters clamoring to open up the DR when the numbers are not going down?

Will new cases and new deaths just be the new abnormal in the DR?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
This is day 10 since phase 1 of the reopening began. It should come as no surprise that the total number of new infections is slowly rising day over day. The rate should continue to increase and quicken as time goes on. How high and how fast remains to be seen. Still lots of masks being worn so that should help a little bit. If phase 2 proceeds on schedule the increase in infection numbers should be noticeable to everyone - assuming CV19 testing remains consistent.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Can someone please share a link with information on ferry flights to Santo Domingo DR from USA? Any government site with date and flight info, if available, would be very appropriate. TIA
I have not seen such information published on any site, for any country.

Contact your nearest Dominican Embassy, email is probably your best first attempt at getting in touch

Those folks run the show

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

I think JetBlue is the most frequent .... United had a couple too.
Citizens only they say

Reactions: aarhus

David B

Aug 31, 2017

You'll see the JetBlue flights out of SDQ and STI on Google Flights. I took one two weeks ago. Kind of crazy because both the Santo Domingo airport and JFK were eerily empty.

Reactions: NotLurking

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
You'll see the JetBlue flights out of SDQ and STI on Google Flights. I took one two weeks ago. Kind of crazy because both the Santo Domingo airport and JFK were eerily empty.
But he is going the other way. Need PCR test negative 48 hours in advance of the flight and permission from RD authorities to enter the flight, I believe
Or he might get a free hotel week or two

But sure, Google it or call the airlines is the answer to his question

Reactions: David B

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In a conversation I am having with a lawyer who works in Santo Domingo I am finding that the enforcement of the multi-step reopening plan requires a State of Emergency. If the SOE is no longer approved by the DR Senate and Deputies, that plan goes away and everything can open the day of the expiration of the SOE . Here is what she just told me:

"with all due respect this (the 4 step plan being valid) is not true. I am a Dominican lawyer and work for the government trust me when I tell you he cannot continue the phases or curfew hours by decree. That's called a dictatorship.

Please read Law 42-01 articles 69, 149, 153. The President cannot maintain shops closed, limit in capacity, apply social distancing measures, and maintain airports closed through decree. Through a decree fundamental rights cannot be limited, but he can during a State of Emergency. In this nation a President cannot rule by Decree it is unconstitutional.

I am saying, its what our law states. By the 12th of of June if the State of Emergecy is not renewed then yes, everything is open. People were fast to jump on the wagon of "NO MORE SOE" without even reading out laws and Constitution and what that meant. You can disagree with it if you want, but what you are implying does not fit into our rule of law. We are not Venezuela to be ruling by Decree. People have lost their minds. You cannot EVER rule by Decree, especially when you limit fundamental rights. Don't forget the first lines of our Contitution "La Republica Dominicana es un Estado Social y Democratico de Derecho"."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is day 10 since phase 1 of the reopening began. It should come as no surprise that the total number of new infections is slowly rising day over day. The rate should continue to increase and quicken as time goes on. How high and how fast remains to be seen. Still lots of masks being worn so that should help a little bit. If phase 2 proceeds on schedule the increase in infection numbers should be noticeable to everyone - assuming CV19 testing remains consistent.
All the phases could be over very soon, as in about June 12, if the lawyer I just received information from is correct.

Perhaps DR1's own layer can respond if the SOE is required to keep the multiphase reopening in effect?

Sep 4, 2012
All the phases could be over very soon, as in about June 12, if the lawyer I just received information from is correct.

Perhaps DR1's own layer can respond if the SOE is required to keep the multiphase reopening in effect?

Didn't a 12 days extension was just approved?

• Haha
Reactions: etolw

David B

Aug 31, 2017
But he is going the other way. Need PCR test negative 48 hours in advance of the flight and permission from RD authorities to enter the flight, I believe
Or he might get a free hotel week or two

But sure, Google it or call the airlines is the answer to his question

Wow, my reading comprehension sucks! So sorry! Guess it comes with age.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've mentioned in several of my posts that the S.O.E is the means by which the govt is imposing physical distancing, regulating gatherings of people, stay home, "don't go out unless necessary" rules, the nightly curfew and the shuttering of businesses.

No more S.O.E and all those restrictions go away immediately rather than in an managed and staged process.

Reactions: Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I've mentioned in several of my posts that the S.O.E is the means by which the govt is imposing physical distancing, regulating gatherings of people, stay home, "don't go out unless necessary" rules, the nightly curfew and the shuttering of businesses.

No more S.O.E and all those restrictions go away immediately rather than in an managed and staged process.
Sorry, it must have gotten lost in all the extra words. This post of yours was clear and concise.

Status
Not open for further replies.